file Installations for MBP

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
01 Dec 2007 05:05 #1
This topic is for installation of MBP. Unless you take any part in it (in terms of BUILDING IT), do NOT post here.

BMP images for install:

optionsbackground.bmp
and these 2:

- UNCHECK CENTER IN THE WINDOW TAB TO ALIGN THE LEFT BMP

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND AFTER-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ARE REQUIRED, TO BE POSTED AND EDITED BELOW.

THIS IS FOR PC:

Please copy & paste to the MBP directory the following files (if you do not have them in MBG, DO NOT worry about them [You may have either the non-ignition version OR the ignition version, so some of the files below will NOT appear.]):

To the folder
.\Marble Blast Platinum :

NON-IGNITION VERSION:

getdxver.exe
glu2d3d.dll
INSTALL.LOG
launch.ini
license.txt
main.cs
marbleblast.exe
ogg.dll
openal32.dll
opengl2d3d.dll
readme.txt
setup.ini
theUninstallFile0.txt
theUninstallFile.txt
Unwise.exe
version.txt
vorbis.dll

IGNITION VERSION:

getdxver.exe
glu2d3d.dll
ignition
main.cs
MarbleBlastGold.exe
ogg.dll
OpenAL32.dll
opengl2d3d.dll
README.txt
uninst-mb.exe
vorbis.dll

To the folder
.\Marble Blast Platinum\marble\client\ui :

NON-IGNITION VERSION:

ignitionstatusgui.gui.dso

IGNITION VERSION:

ignitionGui.gui.dso
ignitionstatusgui.gui.dso

To the folder
.\Marble Blast Platinum\client\scripts :

NON-IGNITION VERSION:

demo.cs

Editable texts in the installer:
Presentation
Information
Choose the version to Install
License
Registeration (short codes)
Registeration (long codes)
Directory
Confirmation
Progress
End
Miscellaneous Texts

- Use the AFTER INSTALLATION insturctions text (to be made) so that people can read how to install the rest of MBP.

- Let it build an uninstaller coz we rock.

- Build it on MAXIMUM compression

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
01 Dec 2007 05:14 #2

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
08 Dec 2007 00:39 #3
Presentation

Welcome
<Empty>
<b><fontsize=12>Welcome to the Marble Blast Platinum installation program</font></b>.
We shall soon begin to install MBP on your hard drive.
It is strongly recommended that before proceeding, you ensure that no other Windows programs are running.
If you do not wish to install MBP, click on 'Exit' now, otherwise click 'Next' to continue.

Information
Important Information

After installing MBP, you should take note of the read me file available in the root folder. Failure to do so will result in a corrupt installation of Marble Blast Platinum and most likely the game won't run.

System Requirements

- You must have a copy of Marble Blast Gold installed in this computer, which is fully functional.
- 165MBs of free space on any hard drive that Marble Blast Platinum might be installed at.
- This computer should meet the recommended specifications as details in the GarageGames Marble Blast Gold download webpage.

Marble Blast Platinum can place great demands on your system. Since MBP will add to this workload, testing has shown that the following are recommended to get the best possible experience;-

- 1.8Ghz or faster Pentium IV or AMD processor
- 256MB RAM
- nVidia GeForce3 or later video card set at 32-bit color depth
- DirectX8.0a or later*

*DirectX9.0 or later is recommended if you have installed nVidia drivers version 43.45 or later.

You may experience an increased loading time for some levels and other issues. This is due to the fact that almost all levels are single-interiored, meaning that it will require a longer loading time for the level. It is recommended that you play around 10-25 levels each session, then quit MBP and then return to it. This is due to the engine which Marble Blast uses and there is no fix. The known PC maximum interior-loading capability is 512, once it loads more than 512 interiors, it crashes.

Marble Blast Platinum comes with new features that might take a few seconds to load, depending on how fast your CPU is and how much RAM is available.

If you are using the 'Director's Cut' version of Marble Blast Platinum, do note that several levels had not been replicated into quark, and could hold around 200-300 interiors each. As such, you can only have 1 game in them (you can restart all the time) but do not exit the level and come back. MBP WILL crash but will still function normally.

Director's Cut
This is a special addon that gives you access to levels, music and other features that are not available in the smaller sized version Marble Blast Platinum. The DC levels will be found under Custom folder.

Installation and Uninstallation
Marble Blast Platinum is currently being installed. You may uninstall MBP by simply deleting the whole folder.

Terms Of Use
Please ensure you have read the License Agreement. We do not people ripping our own work without crediting us or asking for permission. The fact we are supplying you with many of the original files is a privilege.

Support & More Info
News, discussion forums and support for Marble Blast Platinm can be found online at marbleblast.proboards78.com/index.cgi . This modification is in no way supported by, affiliated with or in any other way shape or form related to GarageGames, so don't bug them if it doesn't work for you. Marble Blast Gold is a registered trademark of GarageGames © 2002 GarageGames. All rights reserved.

Thank You
Thanks for using Marble Blast Platinum - and for reading this far (most don't bother). Your support makes us think our work is worthwhile. Enjoy!

License
By installing and using this modification you agree to abide by the following conditions of its use.

1. Thank you for using Marble Blast Platinum. Apologies for this agreement stuff, but we want people to realise that our work is very important for us and is not available for sale, so to maintain some degree of control and keep things pretty cool for us there're some conditions to using this modification. We're not getting all dictatorial here, but to make sure everybody gets the latest, operable, stable version and we have to make sure we know where people are getting it from - do not download any modified version from anyone else as we do not support it.

2. The work that has gone into and produced this modification, Marble Blast Platinum, is the intellectual property of its original authors, the MBP Staff. The modification may not be redistributed, sold, copied, reproduced or offered for download from websites either in whole or in part without the prior knowledge, consent and permission of that original authors. Please take note of conditions 7 & 8. This modification may be distributed on magazine cover CDs, publicized on websites and/or other media, as long as you let me know first and you dont charge any money for the modification itself.

3. By all means you can install this modification on any number of computers. There are no limitations.

4. This modification is offered as freeware - no money or profit is made from it. If you have paid money for this, then get it back as the sale of this is prohibited under condition 2 of this License Agreement.

5. This smodification takes the form of a modification to another software product and as such it requires an original genuine copy of Marble Blast Gold present on each computer on which this software is to be installed.

6. A process of continual testing was employed during the development of this software and in addition a closed testing period was conducted by people who were not involved in its development. This testing was conducted on several different PC configurations. Despite this, no guarantee is made that the modification will work and the authors of this modification cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your PC, its software or its configuration as a result of its use. The software is provided 'AS-IS'. You are aware and agree that use of this modification is at your sole risk.

7. This modification contains assets that were present in the BETA and final public releases of Marble Blast Gold and as such no inference is made that such assets are the original work of the author of this modification when in fact they are the original work of GarageGames. Such assets have previously been used in other publicly released modifications from the Internet and have also been made available for download on several websites. As such, their use is therefore employed on the basis that they are already in the public domain thus no assertion of ownership of such assets is made.

8. This modification contains assets that are the original work of the authors of this modification and also assets that are the original work of several contributors to its development. As such, those assets remain the property of their original authors and may not be copied, reproduced, redistributed or sold without the prior knowledge, consent and permission of their authors. Those authors are Alex Swanson, Beau, CyberFox, Moshe, Darkness Shadow, ShadowMarble and Homsar Walker. Your attention is drawn to condition 1 of this License Agreement.

9. The name Marble Blast Platinum is in no way affiliated with, supported by or in any other way shape or form related to GarageGames. Marble Blast Gold is a registered trademark of GarageGames. Copyright belongs to GarageGames © 2002 GarageGames. All rights reserved.

10. No Cheating. No one likes cheaters, because they reduce the quality of play for those trying to achieve fair times and accomplish in the fair way World Records.

11. Thanks for reading this far - we know most people tend to click through this and never bother reading it as it contains some crap, but when you read it you realize that its just a little bit of common sense and courtesy. Thank you also for using this modification - your support makes us think our work truly is worthwhile. We're aware that there are some grumbles in the community about the game so maybe this will help. Now get out there and grab some World Record

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
19 Dec 2007 12:22 #4
INFO/LICENSE PAGES DONE. PLEASE LOOK ABOVE AT CONDITION NUMBER 8 AND LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE ELSE NEEDS TO BE ADDED.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.840 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.