file Patch 1.1

• Pablo
  • Pablo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • Thank you received: 18
25 Mar 2008 01:45 #1
I was just wondering if and when we will be doing Patch 1.03. I've had some people pointing out problems in levels and the interface; will we be fixing them soon?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
25 Mar 2008 01:58 #2
You can start if you wanna. I want to fix some but first I gotta get rid of the anti-hack code... or just do it in custom folder

Also we gotta find Spy47 to fix some stuff too

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Pablo
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
27 Mar 2008 13:28 #3
I had this really good idea (in MY opinion ) of a new feature for Patch 3.

I was planning to take this to MBA instead, but I'll share it with you guys first and then give it to them if we don't use it.

What if we extended the Tip of the Day system to custom levels? We would host new, great custom levels (not ALL levels, of course) on Philsempire or elsewhere, in a special format, then have some sort of way to download them and put them in-game without having to go online and move stuff to the correct folders.

• Thank you received: 1
28 Mar 2008 00:52 #4
Wasn't that debated a long time ago?

• Pablo
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
28 Mar 2008 02:52 #5
I have no memory of it ever being debated, maybe it was before I joined MBP.

What was the outcome of the debate?

28 Mar 2008 04:47 #6
I think we determined it was impossible, but at least for OS X I know the basics of doing something similar as a stand-alone program, i.e. not in MBP, but it would still simplify the process.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Mar 2008 04:56 #7
I am in favor of such idea.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Pablo
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
28 Mar 2008 13:19 #8
I don't know much about coding, but wouldn't it be easy to make a button on the GUI that meant Dowload stuff in slot X on philsempire.com to marble>data>missions>custom?

29 Mar 2008 06:27 #9
Not necessarily, many computers cannot even connect to the internet through MBP.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
29 Mar 2008 09:17 #10
*points to the macintosh people regarding the comment above*

• Pablo
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
29 Mar 2008 14:07 #11
My coding friend The Flaming Phoenix suggests that it could be done through Command Prompt and a .bat file (and whatever the terminal is called on mac).

29 Mar 2008 17:34 #12
On the Mac it's called Terminal. And on Macs you wouldn't have a .bat file, that's a Windows format. You might use a .command file, but I don't know exactly what the Mac equivalent is. I'm unfamiliar with UNIX.

02 Apr 2008 22:45 #13
Well... any work? I don't want to start a Mac version until you've confirmed it works on Windows because I've got no time left to work on things that aren't necessary.

• Pablo
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
17 Apr 2008 13:20 #14
Update on the Downloading:

I've made the first batch file and FTP script! Also, I've found a nice place to host a server (it will have 1GB capacity, for an average of 5,000 levels ). Proceeding with testing now; expect a fully-functional server and download system within a week. After that, you guys can convert it to mac, and also add in the GUI necessary to operate the download center.

I've changed this thread name to Patch 1.1, because this is a whole new side to MBP and it deserves a new name - maybe even Patch 2.0.

There are a few other things I'm experimenting with, such as convenient uploading tools for the levels, and the displaying of pictures in MBP itself.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.959 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.