file Terraria

• Ian_Cordle
  • Ian_Cordle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
18 Jun 2011 20:40 #1
Apparently nobody I talks to knows what this is, let alone plays it. It's really big with the people who I watch on Youtube, and I watch big people... (not literally big)

So, does anyone play Terraria? I have the power to host a server, but I don't know who I could get to play with!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
18 Jun 2011 20:56 #2
I dont realy like terraria since its 2D version of MC and there is nothing interesting about it seeing some trailers. Also the size of the game is very huge 120MB or something like that so i dont want to waste my comps space with 2D game.
I would better play MB whole day without MP instead of Terraria with it.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

18 Jun 2011 21:25 #3
1) It's not even related to MC. A great deal of it is devoted to adventuring, to gameplay, rather than building. It's entirely unfair of you to call it a 2D minecraft, when it isn't, especially when you've never played it.

1.5) Saying that terraria is a 2d copy of MC is like saying Call of Duty is a ripoff of Doom and Quake, or that Crysis is a ripoff of halo.

2) 120 MB is frickin tiny for a game. That's less than a tenth of a gigabyte. Additionally, it's 70 MB

3) MC has multiplayer, and Terraria has singleplayer.

Now that I've invalidated everything you've said...

Terraria is amazing. Add marbleduck on steam, k valentino?

youtube.com/marbleduck

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
19 Jun 2011 02:05 #4
Great! Thanks, will do.

Yeah, it is SO unfair to call it Minecraft 2D. The ignorance...

• Thank you received: 0
19 Jun 2011 03:46 #5
I love it, but it gets so much hate because it is called a copy of Minecraft. Can people actually play it before judging it?

Oh yea, Steam ID is 123zc1, alias is -hg- 123zc.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
19 Jun 2011 04:40 #6
Thanks. I was trying to make some progress today (So that I can do the fun stuff with you guys on the server I'm working on.) and I finally beat the Eye of Cthulhu! Working on getting some stuff. Meteorite just fell as well, so I'll try and find that... I'll have some sweet stuff!

• Thank you received: 0
19 Jun 2011 05:24 #7
Jun 18, 2011, 9:40pm, valentinoian wrote:Thanks. I was trying to make some progress today (So that I can do the fun stuff with you guys on the server I'm working on.) and I finally beat the Eye of Cthulhu! Working on getting some stuff. Meteorite just fell as well, so I'll try and find that... I'll have some sweet stuff!

Good luck! Everyone says the Eye is the easiest boss, but I find Eater of Worlds much easier if you know how to fight him. Try watching some videos on how to beat him.

On a completely unrelated note:
I don't mean to brag, but I spent a lot of time and resources in my world on building my castle. It's not quite done yet, but here is a picture:

It's really not that impressive compared to other things people have built. I just kinda wanted to show the progress in my world .

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
19 Jun 2011 17:33 #8
Wow! Awesome stuff!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.814 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.