file G3orge's Marble Blast Gold Mini Mod [RELEASED]

• George
  • George's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 7
17 Apr 2011 18:46 #61
@randslider123
My bad about sloped being broken, I tried to rebuild it many times but it was always this weird empty space for some reason. Still it's beatable

@ird
My best time for cubular was around 4:45 (gt is 5:00) and I was going slowish but I understand how torturesome it must be. But is puzzle: red really that challenging?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
17 Apr 2011 23:53 #62
G3orge's Marble Blast Gold Mini Mod

Intended pathways? Not here! Well, for the most part.

G3orge just released his MB Mini Mod and it has good, fun and replayable levels. I ended up recording more than I wanted (7.5 hours...), but the end result took me by surprise. The levels order you see is: Beginners 1-11, intermediate 1-5, advanced 1-6 and 8. I skipped 7 because I just couldn't bother anymore and I didn't even beat level 9 yet... so 23/25 videos is good enough!

Some comments about the levels:
BL1: Direct to goal, how unsurprising. Ignore the spaced out name, I accidentally pressed enter instead of shift.
BL2: Simple level. Doubt edge hitting would get you to goal faster but someone can try.
BL3: Sub-9 was completely unexpected as the level went great. The 4th and 6th gems are the hardest to get because I always fall off... Also, the texturing on this level is AWESOME.
BL4: EDDDGGGEEEE HIIIIITTTTTT!!!!
BL5: Delayed start was the only way to pass the wall without hitting it. Extremely low time, unexpected; I usually hit the 2nd wall if I have this low on the timer.
BL6: No comment.
BL7: Just barely passed over that wall
BL8: Another IC level :\
BL9: That was a lot tougher than I expected. Timing the start makes all the difference.
BL10: More fireworks!
BL11: I had an awesome 24.32 seconds video when I decided to play around with the path by changing it completely, and out of nowhere, this low! The first TT can be caught 0.5 seconds faster, but this is extremely hard to get sub 13.50 for some reason... I shall upload the 24.32 someday.

IL1: I'm pretty unhappy with the end result. I kept trying to edge hit from the start to the finish platform, but I just can't do that edge hit.
IL2: Simple
IL3: This was hard! I had a different route where you do the 2nd wall hit, except you edge hit and get a huge boost all the way to the penultimate platform, where you edge hit to the right (finish platform). Regardless, I found this by accident and then took some time to finally nail that edge hit. Fun fact: first time I managed it, the marble went all around the finish instead of direct to goal. I dunno how I messed that one up.
IL4: I don't like this level due to the trim part at the end. Still done very well.
IL5: Shaved off 5-6 seconds using an unintended shortcut.

AL1: Something's wrong indeed. There was even a path? Double major sequence breaks take care of this level. The intended route is to wall hit to the pillars while avoiding gaps and then roll on the path on the other side (half of it is slopes, thus hard)... except you don't really get to see that.
AL2: I hate those stairs I hate those stairs I HATE THOSE STAIRS! I accidentally found the starting method after a messed up start of jumping up the stairs, and I tried for ages to nail that finish and I got super lucky in this run as I caught the trigger at its end (it's way lower than you'd expect when playing the level normally). Also the stairs section co-operated, something that happened only once or twice before.
AL3: Simple level, I'm not sure how much of what I did was shortcutting.
AL4: Doing sub-11 was a lot harder than I anticipated. Easy route, but the ending always killed my good runs.
AL5: It may be possible to get directly to the finish (12.xx) and I did get close but no dice. Settled for a good edge hit. Also, completely skipped the level.
AL6: Thought it would be much harder to record. Getting the gem was surprisingly easy.
AL8: 5th gem is the only reason I made this video. The mud slopes at the end are easier than they look.

Enjoy!

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
18 Apr 2011 00:08 #63
Just saw all the levels in Matan's video and they looked good! I've always enjoyed your levels. Besides a couple, those didn't look like your best though. All in all looks like a pretty good mini mod (sorry, don't have the interest to play it but just wanted to give you some feedback).

• George
  • George's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 7
18 Apr 2011 00:42 #64
After seeing that I was like woah..... woah...... woah.... (30 min later) woah... woah....

• Thank you received: 0
18 Apr 2011 09:08 #65
Where Is Thee Download Link!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

• Thank you received: 18
18 Apr 2011 14:42 #66
www.mediafire.com/?697hcq1ansyhan9

It was a bit earlier in the thread.

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
18 Apr 2011 21:58 #67
Apr 18, 2011, 2:08am, marbleblastguy001 wrote:Where Is Thee Download Link!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I thought it was in the rules that there should be no !?!?!!? spam, or so on. Or repeated smilies. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
18 Apr 2011 21:58 #68
Nice vid IRD. I was suprized that you recorded it with shadows on.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
18 Apr 2011 22:30 #69
I think that hazards or something(the last advanced level you rec'd) can go a bit faster at the mud ramps. From the time I've saved by doing it, it might be possible to get sub-30.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
19 Apr 2011 01:32 #70
I did it just for the 5th gem, otherwise I'd stop at AL5. It was 2am, I didn't care.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

19 Apr 2011 04:18 #71
Hope this turns out good!

19 Apr 2011 12:48 #72
Is .rar a Windows only file? Cos' it doesn't seem to be letting me open it...

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
19 Apr 2011 13:37 #73
You need WinRAR or a similar program that opens .rar files. I know 7zip does. I'm sure mac can too.

• Thank you received: 18
19 Apr 2011 14:40 #74
Apr 18, 2011, 2:58pm, greg25 wrote:
Apr 18, 2011, 2:08am, marbleblastguy001 wrote:Where Is Thee Download Link!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?!?

I thought it was in the rules that there should be no !?!?!!? spam, or so on. Or repeated smilies. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

He's been banned. No further comments about this in this thread, please.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
20 Apr 2011 03:29 #75
Apr 19, 2011, 5:48am, uilleambeag wrote:Is .rar a Windows only file? Cos' it doesn't seem to be letting me open it...

I use The Unarchiver. It opens anything you throw at it.

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
20 Apr 2011 20:40 #76
Downloading... Very nice mod! Levels are awesome but you used music from flstudio cool stuff folder, mod with your music will be awesome.

20 Apr 2011 23:25 #77
Thanks PF, works now. Great mod, much harder than I expected, but really fun

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
23 Apr 2011 15:01 #78
This looks fun! I'm downloading it on 56k while waiting for Matan's video to load :-|

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
11 May 2011 21:04 #79
I wish I had this mod. Stupid WinZip.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
11 May 2011 22:34 #80
You could always use WinRAR, 7zip and many others >_>

12 May 2011 02:24 #81
7-Zip is by far the best in my opinion.

12 May 2011 02:35 #82
I have used RarFrog, which is free, but kind of dumb, since it only opens .rar's. 7-zip is better and also free. For mac, The Unarchiver. Or Stuffit Expander, but it doesn't always work...

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
12 May 2011 02:50 #83
Ubuntu's built in extractor never fails for me, but for Windows, I live and die by 7-zip.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
12 May 2011 04:20 #84
winrar messed up on my comp and says 'trial finished' but i can use it as much as i want. 7-zip, although good, is just darn slower than winrar.

However, for TAS compression purposes, 7zip.

• horus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 May 2011 20:47 #85
WinZip is good, although it doesn't like .jpeg or .jpg format piccys. Good for opening files.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
13 May 2011 23:18 #86
May 13, 2011, 1:47pm, horus wrote:WinZip is good, although it makes loads of random files for the textures and stuff. Good for opening files.

Makes random files? I don't have a clue what you are talking about. If you say it makes random files, then why is it good for opening zip files? Why do I get the feeling that you keep posting everywhere to increase your post count?

• horus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 May 2011 18:11 #87
May 13, 2011, 4:18pm, valentinoian wrote:
May 13, 2011, 1:47pm, horus wrote:WinZip is good, although it makes loads of random files for the textures and stuff. Good for opening files.

Makes random files? I don't have a clue what you are talking about. If you say it makes random files, then why is it good for opening zip files? Why do I get the feeling that you keep posting everywhere to increase your post count?

Makes random files?
Sorry, mistake right there. Must go and fix it.
Why do I get the feeling that you keep posting everywhere to increase your post count?
Nope. I'm trying to help and be nice, not be greedy for post counts.

(please, if this is a bump forgive me)

• ktbold12345
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jun 2011 02:55 #88
bump

I love this leve pack. I feel like I'm playing the MBG Lost Levels. Here's a brief review on all the levels.

Exam: Pathfinding levels like this are always fun, no matter how easy the challenges.
Curl: Great for speedrunning. There really aren't a lot of MBG friction levels.
All other beginner/intermediate levels: Way too boring. Won't play them ever again. The slopes level is pretty ugly and misaligned.
Missing: Fun level, with good shortcuts.
Chimney: The stairs are boring, but that last part is pretty fun. This level is really easy.
Broken Construction: Tightrope levels aren't bad at all if they're original. This is a good level with somewhat different challenges, and good to speedrun.
Alpha: A few short random friction challenges; nothing to special, but it's very replayable.
Rearranged: Fun to go through really fast.
Arranged: This level is a whole lot easier than rearranged. I would think it would be before rearranged, but whatever. Lots of fun to jump flying off the hills.
Puzzle: Red: Another pathfinder/2 sides of a coin level. Nothing amazing about it, but I like it.
Hazard/Obstacle Course: My fav level. The editing job is great, and the challenges are not original, but laid out in a very fun way.
Cubular: Excellent level. This is a level that makes you sit down and think of the fastest path. It was frustrating at first and hard to figure out some of the sections (like the yellow one for me), but I found a path, and now I love speedrunning it. The best part of the level is super-jumping through the windows and hitting the GM in mid-air, so you're flying through different gravities!

10 Jun 2011 23:30 #89
Love the mod!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.053 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.