file Marble Blast Emerald [RELEASED]

• Ian_Cordle
  • Ian_Cordle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
30 Jul 2011 22:24 #31
Congratulations on the completion of MBE, Ian. And also congratulations on your new color; it looks good. You would think it would be emerald color, but whatever JK This will definitely keep me busy when I'm gone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
30 Jul 2011 22:46 #32
Game looks pretty good. Full review coming later. However, it crashes every third level I try to play. Any ideas?

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
30 Jul 2011 22:48 #33
That was an issue that seems to randomly come back every so often. We have been puzzled to the cause. We will try and patch it out later. It seems to randomly disappear sometimes. I'll see what we can do.

• Thank you received: 67
30 Jul 2011 23:31 #34
Looks good.

• Greg_Hutchinson
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
31 Jul 2011 01:40 #35
So Which one of my MBE levels was your favorite?

B12 How To: Hazards
B26 That Old Blast

I23 Bump It Up!
I26 Stone towers

A5 Framework

I actually had lots of unreleased levels for this game. I lost more than half of them. Thats why I only have 5 in the game, besides the horrible dc level I made, Super Obstacle Course.

Anyways I actually havent had the newest staff version .

Looks better than beta 1.0, thats for sure .

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
31 Jul 2011 01:47 #36
Probably That Old Blast... There's quite a number of pathways on that! It's as if it's built for speed...

Overall, my favorite level from MBE is probably either That Old Blast, Divergent Boundaries, or Marbla Hop. Remember, though, I haven't played all the levels yet...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
31 Jul 2011 01:53 #37
@Pablo! Have you been using the Next button? It seems to be bugged.

31 Jul 2011 01:59 #38
Just a thought for when you patch the game next, instead of having NJ 99:59.99 on a level not possible to complete without jumping for example, possibly have something like NJ -- -- --, just so its clear to the viewer which ones still need to be completed when speedily scrolling through, instead of having to double check if the level is able to play the certain modes every time.
Really enjoying this mod though, all staff deserve several rounds of drinks, definitely got something to celebrate

• Lambencee(Aaron_Y)
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 23
31 Jul 2011 02:16 #39
Jul 30, 2011, 6:53pm, valentinoian wrote:@Pablo! Have you been using the Next button? It seems to be bugged.

Works fine for me, crashed only on the How To: Bounce Absorber but that level seems to be prone to crashing.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
31 Jul 2011 02:31 #40
My MBE didn't even crash once. It must be something on Pablo's comp...

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 91
31 Jul 2011 05:29 #41
The .zip link isn't working.

• Rct3fan00
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
31 Jul 2011 06:31 #42
MBE... great game... glad there's criticism and great feedback. I'm greatful we have such an amazing community for the support and thoughts. Thank you all. And MBE staff... everyone did a great job and had their little share part in MBE as well. We couldn't have done it without you guys!

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
31 Jul 2011 15:55 #43
@nobody Fixed it!

Combined, we have 92 downloads on the game so far! That is an outstanding number. The YouTube + 3 forum website combination worked well, and we have plenty of downloads. Thanks for the support.

As a side note, BlazerYo's attempts to ruin the game were in vain, and we have now ridded ourselves of him for ever.

31 Jul 2011 16:02 #44
Strange, BlazerYo's levels were excellent

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
31 Jul 2011 17:08 #45
haha, some were very good, indeed.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
31 Jul 2011 17:11 #46
Did you trash his levels? They'd still be fun to play..

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
31 Jul 2011 17:20 #47
They are in the game. Mudslide, Grand Pyramid I and II, just to name a few.

New hint to the secret being added.

31 Jul 2011 17:40 #48
I was using the Next button. I'll stop.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
31 Jul 2011 17:54 #49
yea, Higuy's next button never worked right for windows users

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
31 Jul 2011 18:08 #50
*sigh* windows users

Also, I added in a secret or two, also! Ian, add my hints also.
Hint one: it's in a level.
Hint two: it's not in a level by me.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
31 Jul 2011 18:48 #51
You can edit them there. Mine is for an achievement.

• Thank you received: 1
01 Aug 2011 14:04 #52
I thought this was a great mods. At some points it lacked things that I expected but, at some it went further than I thought was possible. Overall, great mod. If you helped in any way you should be proud.

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
01 Aug 2011 15:42 #53
This is the first, full mod and I must admit it is great. 3 long years to make this, with a member who brought disastrous consequences (his levels were great though, weird), but has pulled through to make a great game. A few things were not great (e.g. GUI, gah too much green) but exceeded in others (many great levels, kept a cartoon-like feel but with a touch of actual realism). Well done MBEmerald team, you definitely deserve it.
P.S I found Ian's secret and Jeff's so far. Better keep looking

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
01 Aug 2011 16:30 #54
Here goes nothing.

MBE Review by RDs.empire

So from what sould i start... After opening game it seemmed pretty well done and i see some work putted in it. Things where almost perfect. Now i bring things closer to see whats good and bad.

GUI.
After opening game GUI seamed well done. Lots of new fatures and options to choose. I mostly liked menu that pops up after you press esc in level. You can go to options and edit controls and stuff, see best times. Also i definetly like next level button that shows in finished level window and it totaly saved me a lot of time. Also search bar was awsome and statistics icon even had progress bar witch was pretty interesting. Same with achivements.
Now bad things: Even tough game had lot of features menu was too cluttered and it needed better organization. Marble change icon was putted in corner like trash witch made me problem to find at first. Eventualy i spend 1st hour just getting familiar with GUI witch was realy unorganized. Solution would be putting all options buttons in one place and level select buttons in others. At least that would make sence.
Another anoing thing was that ‘ÿCHEATER!!!ÿÿ window that poped up after i looked if LE is changed. At start it was haha nice idea against cheating but then i discovered i couldn't finish any level after that thing appeared once. I had to close MBE and load it again to fix it. Imagine you make level and you want to record best times but that window don't let you to do it. This sould be improved. Last thing: some menus wgere too dark and i couldnt read letters.

Gameplay.
Leves where good. Some of them where catcy and i wanted to try them again.. They arent as hard as you said and i have almost finished the game.
Bad:

Level editing.
Levels where edited pretty well and there werent any big misalinements. Things where placed perfectly and i have to say good job.
Bad: Even tough MBE had checkpoints in some levels they where usales because 2 level MP didnÿt even returned after i fell obb and that made checkpoints totaly usales there. In framework qualification time was too small. 2 times i missed time by 10 seconds (in 3rd normal try i finished level in emerald time) BUT i have no idea how can you finish it in fixed view under par. Also Challenges of complexity needed more checkpoints in start. It was awfull that after you finish buttom part you fail in part near startpad and its like ‘ÿthis level is only for matan ÿÿ it had too much places with edgehit. I havent finished that level so far.

Level organization; (had to add this because i see big problem)
Overall i liked that you didn't throwed out all old and reyected levels witch realy didnt fited game but added them to custom levels witch is pretty good solution to problem and some of them where fun.
Bad: Levels didn't had good organization in pro and intermdate difficulties. For example Chalenges of complexity was harder than 4 levels that are unlocked after it. This shows that level was placed in wrong posision. I don't know if you made that kinda organization for reason to have it like hard,easyeasy,hard,easy...but i totaly dislike it.

Sounds:
Diferent gem sounds where awsome and made game more interesting. Also all powerup and start voices where good (Better than i saw in some older vids of MBE). Name ‘ÿBouncy deviceÿÿ made me smile and i actualy liked it. Music was awsome and fun. Totaly fited game.
Bad: Some original MBG sounds made game look unfinished. Imagine mixing wery old cheese with new cheese, result will be cheese that tastes bad. As Ayrl said gem sounds could have some kinda order.

Graphics:
Graphics where awsome. Especialy green textures and stuff because i like green color.
Bad: some old gimp gradients where a bit anoing but rest was good.

Other features
I liked thing that F5 button did but i disliked that it didn't reseted level.
You can beat all levels in tunel vision? Are you kidding me. I actualy don't belive this fact and that thing made it look kinda suspicios.

Bugs: (Here are some bugs that i want to point out to be fixed in future versions)
I changed marble to MBEmidB and after some playing i reconized in some levels marble changes to original one. After i re'entered level it fixes but it seems to be glitching to all marbles i select.
After i enter and exit level it returns to last level i qualified and that is kinda anoing.
I dont know if this has happened to anybody else but sometimes sound stops and after 2 min it starts to play soundtrack again.

Overall
Game is awsome and perfect. Its almost 100% finished. I especialy liked that levels are more replayable than MBA ones. Ill give this game 7/10. Its not perfect but its cool. Also sorry for my BIG criticism but i realy wanted to point out some things. Don't think i only see bad things about mod but thats why reviews are for.

END OF REVIEW!

P.S grammarnazzys stay away!

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
01 Aug 2011 17:52 #55
I agree about the level organization. For example, Woodwork (first difficult level) was a lot harder than pretty much the next 15 or so levels.

01 Aug 2011 18:00 #56
I'm not so crazy about the tightropes.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
01 Aug 2011 18:53 #57
Ok, finished downloading the mod! Hi guys, and GRATZ on the team for releasing MBE! It looks promising, and I will install and play it when I am going to upload my videos (yes stay tuned), and perhaps I can steal some Wrs.

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Lambencee(Aaron_Y)
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 23
01 Aug 2011 19:02 #58
Prepare for major record smashing!

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
02 Aug 2011 00:45 #59
Tightropes were something emphasized not be included, but sometimes got included anyway.

02 Aug 2011 01:04 #60
The next button crashes for me on Mac, so it's not just a Windows issue.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.149 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.