file [WEEKLY] Week 16: Where Does the Time Go?

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
23 Sep 2015 17:29 #1
So, Quaternion is in a bit of a poor state right now. For one thing, this was supposed to be posted on Sunday. I think in hindsight I underestimated how busy I'd be with school and other commitments these days. Regardless, I'm still trying to get something done every week.

This week's primary goal is Finishing That Crap I Started Last Week: yeah, turns out I didn't get to all of it last week! Yay!

This week's secondary goal is You Guessed It, Collectibles.

Because there were some complaints that I could have at least shown the bugfixes, I'll be streaming this weekend to show the bugfixes since the last stream. Be prepared to ask tons of weird questions!

Oh, and yes, I'm also still backlogged on video uploads.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 67
23 Sep 2015 20:16 - 23 Sep 2015 20:17 #2
I don't think you should stress yourself on the video uploads. I appreciate the fact that although you have an extremely busy schedule by what it sounds, you're still working on Qu. Keep up the motivation. :)
Last edit: 23 Sep 2015 20:17 by Jkk39.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
23 Sep 2015 20:59 #3
I think there comes a point in development where there isn't much to showcase - rather, "under-the-hood" work that doesn't necessarily warrant video updates. Nevertheless, I've watched a few of the streams and they are relatively entertaining, notably those with "celebrity guests." I think the content is good, even if it goes off-track; it's still enjoyable to watch the traditional Q&A that doesn't relate directly to Quaternion, for example.

Point I'm getting at is that I think using your video streams for broader purposes is a good thing, especially when there isn't enough to show from Qu to take an hour's time. However often you would prefer to do them is up to you of course. But I do enjoy watching them, specifically those that are more varied in content. They are also a good way to bring parts of the community together, which I admire greatly.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 406
23 Sep 2015 23:36 #4
I will kind of soon learn that college can be taxing. However, it is impressive that you are still managing to code Quaternion on top of college. Way to go!

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
26 Sep 2015 17:34 - 26 Sep 2015 17:44 #5
Stream: tonight at 9 PM Eastern!
Last edit: 26 Sep 2015 17:44 by whirligig.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.822 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.