file [NEWS] Quaternion: Returning from Hiatus!

• whirligig
  • whirligig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
27 Feb 2016 08:02 #1
What? Quaternion was on hiatus?

Yes, and I'm sorry for not announcing it.

This quarter at school was crazy. Between coursework and other commitments (did I mention I co-wrote a musical that we're trying to put on?), I was swamped with work over the past few weeks, and I was more stressed than I've been in a while. So I decided that if I was going to keep my sanity, I shouldn't push myself to work on Quaternion as well.

This is good for another reason as well: lately I had been trying to get something done every week and, to be honest, basically failing. I would start every week relieved that the previous week was over, put off Quaternion work, and finally try to rush the following Saturday to get something done to present on Sunday. That's a bad pattern to follow, and I figured it would help to break this pattern if I just took a few weeks off.

Why didn't you tell us?

Various reasons. It was partly because I was simply busy, and I didn't want to take the time to write up a thoughtful post about it. It was partly because I was worried how people would react; I figured if I delayed the announcement of the hiatus until it was over, I'd at least be delivering good news. This was probably not a good idea.

Let me just take some time to say: I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I abandoned Quaternion, if only temporarily, and I'm sorry for not informing you of this until now.

So what's next?

Well, business as usual is next. We'll continue with (I counted) Week 39 this coming week. I'm on break now, and my schedule this coming quarter should be less busy, so I should have plenty of time to get Quaternion work done. Don't let me forget that I said this! By all means bug me if I'm not holding up my end of that. I don't want to fall behind again like I did last time.

If I feel like I'm slipping behind, or like I have too much on my hands, it might be time for other commitments to take precedent again. But in that case, I'll inform you quickly. Then I'll take a break, a legitimate break, without the guilt of not having gotten work done on my back. Again, I doubt this will happen in the near future considering how much time I have at my disposal, but you never know.

I'll make some promises right now, less as guarantees for you and more as motivation for myself.
  • Week 29, 30, and 31 streams will be up on YouTube by the end of the weekend.
  • The weekly update for Week 39 will be up Sunday evening.
  • There will be a stream this Friday, March 4, in which I show off the week's work and possibly play a game afterwards, depending on how long it takes.

As regretful as I am over the lapse in Quaternion work that I initiated, I'm also optimistic about the progress of the mod in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nockess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
27 Feb 2016 15:02 #2
Glad to hear you're continuing now. I'm very excited for the streams to be back up again. :cheer:

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.727 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.