file {2/22/13} Crippled.

• RC
  • RC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 25
22 Feb 2013 17:05 #1
Hey guys,

Vacation started about a week ago, and ends on Monday; we just decided to go home today for private reasons. It was pretty fun, I got to ski with my bro, and we got to go to some pretty fun places.

As I am typing this, I am licking icing my leg and my hand, which were injured in a bad ski accident.

There was this run which I always used to get to a glade run I like. However, it was closed, so we ended up having to go down the regular trail. The two of us started down it, expecting it would be a fun bombing trail, but we were wrong. The groomers the night before didn't do a good job, well, grooming. The trail was full of blue ice and lost all of it's powder. I started to pick up speed, which is then when I realized something was wrong. I tried to slow down, but there was too much ice. I then hit a rock or something, and face-planted into the snow hard. My skis and poles went flying off, and I slid 150+ feet down the snow ice. I felt a searing pain on the left side of my body; it felt like I broke my leg. I couldn't get up at first, but finally I was able to limp to the side. God forbid I wasn't seriously injured. You see, I'm a very fast skier. I've been clocked going over 60 mph down runs (including this one). I must have hit the ground going at least 45 mph. I'm just happy that I didn't hit some trees that I came close to hitting.

I'm going to be a lot more careful next time; I don't need that to happen again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
24 Feb 2013 02:37 #2
Ouch! Glad you're ok. When I ski i usually try to enjoy 40kmph ride without trying to speed up (Because i'm still too scared of hitting bump in snow and end in some broken bones). But understanding situation there was nothing much you could've done on Ice. Still glad you ended with minor injuries and not with broken ribs!

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.728 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.