file Hey Guys

• classicordeal
  • classicordeal's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • lol hi
  • Thank you received: 1
13 Oct 2015 22:45 #1
Hi I'm ClassicOrdeal, and Marble Blast is my favorite game. I'm no pro but it's an experience that no other game can replicate. I'm planning my own mod, and if anyone has any ideas for it, just let me know. I'd be happy to know what you think!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
14 Oct 2015 13:46 #2
Hello there! And welcome to the forums.

Just a little protip for you: don't make your own mod, especially not this soon after joining. Only a handful of mods have been somewhat successful, and trust me, there have been many many attempts. Not trying to discourage you, just a fair warning, proper mods require lots of work and dedication. If you truly are serious about making a mod, then you should start by learning constructor. Create some levels and release them as a level pack (or one by one as you make them), get some feedback from other members so you can improve.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay :)

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽

• classicordeal
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • lol hi
14 Oct 2015 15:48 #3
thanks for the advice. Ive been planning it for over a year, coming up with ideas. The main thing I've been wanting to do is sounds and textures so I think that's a good start.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
14 Oct 2015 17:05 #4

classicordeal wrote: thanks for the advice. Ive been planning it for over a year, coming up with ideas. The main thing I've been wanting to do is sounds and textures so I think that's a good start.

Sounds like a graphics mod, which I think is a good way to get experienced with modifying games. I think the biggest problem people have with people who want to start mods is the ungodly list of expectations that accompany their proposed plans. I've said before that most mods are just ideas, and I've just nonchalantly reiterated that. Because I believe, however, that everyone should have an experience with modding, I'll just say good luck and have fun. :)

Also, welcome!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
14 Oct 2015 17:38 #5
Hey welcome, hope you enjoy the game! I'd also back Kalle on this one and agree that you should def. start with single levels first. I started with a level pack of twenty levels (all of which were awful), but it taught me a lot about level making and now my levels are sorta decent.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
14 Oct 2015 18:49 #6
welcome!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• classicordeal
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • lol hi
14 Oct 2015 20:17 #7
thanks. I've made a few in the past, and if I can find them I'll post them.

• classicordeal
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • lol hi
14 Oct 2015 23:18 #8
Also, how can i get a copy of MBG? I had it in the past and i don't know what happened to it. When I go to download it, only the demo is available. I just want it so I can make a copy and test my textures, sounds, etc., do you know where I can get it for Mac?

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
15 Oct 2015 15:06 #9
Hello and welcome to the forums!

classicordeal wrote: Also, how can i get a copy of MBG? I had it in the past and i don't know what happened to it. When I go to download it, only the demo is available. I just want it so I can make a copy and test my textures, sounds, etc., do you know where I can get it for Mac?

Initially the full version of MBG was available to download off the website for free but was removed because it still isn't legal (because copyright) to have the full version available for free (IAC still own the rights to it).
However, since IAC pulled the game from the market, I don't think there is any way to get it legally (not 100% sure but I think I am correct).

So to get MBG legally? uh...

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• 1will2000will1
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
15 Oct 2015 15:27 #10
You can still get Marble Blast Gold from the Mac Games Store , although you would have to pay for it.

Marble Blaster Since 2003
Skype - will99100

• LegoCreator768
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Always on technology
  • Thank you received: 19
21 Oct 2015 01:38 #11
Welcome and enjoy your stay here!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.985 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.