file Genre Transitions (plus brief music history)

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
26 Jun 2012 22:26 #1
I'm thinking about moving toward working on orchestral projects full-time. Working on The Epic has inspired me to look up more compositions of such a genre (dramatic orchestral). From listening to such compositions, I've gained a bit more knowledge as to what elements to include in The Epic (it truly doesn't sound like a professional dramatic orchestral composition yet ). But, I got inspired by such compositions and want to do more projects specifically in that genre.

Truth is, I love orchestral. When I work on orchestral projects, I feel in tune with it. It just doesn't feel all the same with 100% electronic music like dubstep and such. I feel like I've moved on from the old days (2010), where all I would produce was techno. I started to get more experimental and serious with my music at the start of 2011, and my orchestral passion was born later that year. I wanted to be known as the electronic producer who makes all kinds of electronic music, and so I started in January 2011. From techno/electronic (June 2010) to drum n bass (December 2010) to dance (December 2010) to ambient (March 2011) to trance (April 2011) to dubstep (April 2011) to IDM (June 2011) to orchestral sensations (June 2011) to Industrial (August 2011) to electronic rock (August 2011) to early house and garage style experimentations (December 2011) to moombahton (February 2012) to actual house (March 2012) and now to dramatic orchestral (March 2012 technically as it was the beginning of The Epic) - the list is still expanding!

The point is, I want to try everything. But there's something different about dramatic orchestral music. It's powerful, and I want to produce that. I still, by all means, intend on producing as many genres as I can, but this orchestral and trance stuff just may become more common than everything else in my releases.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambencee(Aaron_Y)
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 23
27 Jun 2012 00:08 #2
It's great when you find out exactly what you enjoy doing the most, best of luck.

• Thank you received: 368
27 Jun 2012 00:55 #3
You should listen to some of the pieces composed by Thomas Bergersen, he writes a lot of the songs performed by Two Steps From Hell. Y'know, all of the epic dramatic music pieces you hear in the action movies? Some really good stuff, man has some incredible talent. Would be a good place to start if you're looking for orchestral inspiration

Start with this one ->

~Aayrl

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
27 Jun 2012 01:32 #4
Loved that song. I also listened to a few others that were pretty epic, namely Archangel. Almost makes me think I should start over with The Epic. Not going to, but after hearing such compositions, I have a lot of work to do if I want to reach such a level of intensity and emotion.

Unfortunately, I don't have Stormdrum 2.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.875 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.