file MBP - Beginner Levels - Records

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
06 May 2011 01:27 #1
Okay so I've been recently for the past few months focussing intensely for UTs on ALL the Beginner Levels... As well as Easter Eggs! Like I said somewhere else I'm not the BEST MB player, but I still try my best and keep trying to get better . All records are measured in seconds. So, uh, without any furthur adieu:

1. Let's Roll! - 2.32 (UT)

2. Jump Tutorial - 2.48 (UT)

3. Diamond Roundup - 14.20 (UT)

4. Learn the Friction! - 4.59 (UT)

5. Training Towers - 6.10 (UT)

6. Learn the Wall-Hit - 12.89 (UT)

7. Gravity Knot - 6.15 (UT)

8. Flight of the Marble - 10.78 (UT)

9. Teleport Training - 10.73 (UT)

10. Busy Bee - 8.71 (UT)

11. Learn the Bouncy Floor! - 6.81 (UT)

12. Bump Your Head! - 3.75 (UT)

13. Learn the Time Modifier - 1.28 (UT)

14. Learn the Random Force - 3.98 (UT)

15. King of the Marble - 22.07 (UT)

16. Magnet Training - 6.95 (UT)

17. Ground Zero - 1.64 (UT)

18. Recoil Training - 16.67 (UT)

19. Mini Mountain - 6.26 (UT)

20. Ramps - 21.84 (UT)

21. Diagonal Training - 21.89 (UT)

22. Learn the Edge Hit - 12.26 (UT)

23. Hazard Loop - 17.11 (UT)

24. Keep on Rollin' - 7.20 (UT)

25. Battlecube - 21.25 (UT)

I will post my intermediate times in a different thread once I begin striving for them and continue editting this post as I get new records . Any tips would be appreciated . And even though you probably post your best times in the official Records thread, if you'd like to post your records here for these levels you may do so as well

UPDATE 9/4/11: All Beginner UTs achieved!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25
06 May 2011 01:37 #2
Nice Times!

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
06 May 2011 10:09 #3
Great work!

06 May 2011 12:43 #4
I know what you mean about Magnet Training. God - it's like impossible for me to get enough height on those last two magnets that propel you to the finish...

Nice times though.

EDIT: I joined in Jan 2008, and this is my 100th post? I'm lazy

• Thank you received: 10
06 May 2011 18:53 #5
May 6, 2011, 5:43am, william59 wrote:I know what you mean about Magnet Training. God - it's like impossible for me to get enough height on those last two magnets that propel you to the finish...

I had the same problem, so.......

I figured out an easier way. Try it, it really isn't hard, though it isn't super consistent it works often enough.

Couldn't get diamond roundup either so I did the same there.

Anyway, now I only need the Ground Zero and Learn the TM UT's for beginner

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
06 May 2011 23:28 #6
Oh my gosh THANK YOU Don.Gato!!! Your Magnet Training vid worked . Editted first post

EDIT: Haha also did the Diamond Roundup path . Thanks Don.Gato!!!!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Thank you received: 18
07 May 2011 00:26 #7
Very nice path in that vid.

07 May 2011 04:16 #8
Actually the WR path for both levels are basically these same paths, but to the best of my knowledge I was the first to do them (or at least to make vids of them)

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
07 May 2011 21:12 #9
Haha what I think is really sad is that Learn the Random Force is the only Beginner level I don't even have Platinum Time on . I mean I know how to get UT: At the beginning you've got to like ramp up the platform and just jump over the level... But I can't seem to get the right grip! Any tips on how to approach the sloped platform??? When to jump? etc.

09 May 2011 18:39 #10
Whoo, I got em all. All of the beginner UT's!

Couple more tips:

Ground Zero: Hold down w (or whatever you use for forward) and control. When you are about to hit the first mine hit P (still holding down control and W). the lag spike will let you roll past the mine before it explodes, and though it happens extremely fast sometimes you get lucky and finish...somehow...
Best: 1.89

Learn the RF:

when the game first starts turn the camera diagonal, and follow this jump pattern: Bounce (on teh start pad, when you first fall onto it) Jump Bounce Jump Jump Bounce Jump. You should launch off the second ice platform. Now the hard part is getting to the finish, so try to jump off of two walls, this is the hardest part.

OR

Use the same jump pattern, with an additional jump at the end (Bounce Jump Bounce Jump Jump Bounce Jump + Jump), but with your camera such that you will land on the first ice platform, then that last jump off of it make yourself go towards the last ice platform, and you should launch of of it. Try to jump your way over walls and such to the finish. Slightly easier / this start...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
03 Jun 2011 06:07 #11
BUMP:

Hey guys! Check out the list. I've updated some things:

FINALLY got UT on Learn the Edge Hit!

Improved times on these levels:

Hazard Loop
Diagonal Training
Learn the Random Force (Finally got PT! Woohoo!)
Keep on Rollin' (Finally got the TM)

And Don.Gato, I did what you said on Ground Zero. BAM! Pwned: 1.64 sec.!

EDIT: Dang I wish I did Ground Zero on LB! I just looked and I would've been in the Top 10 if I did! Darn...

Don't worry. Intermediate is coming.

~ Tech Warrior

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
04 Sep 2011 19:58 #12
UPDATE 9/4/11:

All Beginner UTs achieved!

Yep, here I am again bumping this 3-month old topic telling you that I've improved 19/25 of my records, thus achieveing all UTs!

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
04 Sep 2011 20:09 #13
Great job!

Now it's time for intermediate.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.099 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.