• Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
15 Jul 2011 02:46 #1
Here is my newest dubstep track, Conduit Matrix:

Enjoy!

Yes, this time it's REAL dubstep, unlike my other dub songs. Rokoshu, here's where you come in.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
15 Jul 2011 04:26 #2
Woah, man. I don't like this kind of music, especially THAT kind of dirtiness.

However, I bet it was good! >_<

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
15 Jul 2011 05:00 #3
Well we all have our preferences... So... I take it you didn't listen to it?

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
15 Jul 2011 05:37 #4
not one of your best joey, but dont let this stop you from making music Good attempt

dont let ian get to ya

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
15 Jul 2011 10:16 #5
Good, but not the best track from you, is that glitch vst what i hear?

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
15 Jul 2011 14:19 #6
I did listen to the first minute. Then I got a headache.

I swear though, I am sure that other people would love that song. I actually listened to Tech's Tetris and it was really good! You should make the improved version that you promised...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
16 Jul 2011 02:29 #7
@Mato - Yes.

@Ian - The new project crashed a while ago. I'll have to start over...

27 Jul 2011 02:55 #8
nice work techy, do you use samples/loops? or is that wobble bass a midi synth with a nicely modulated LFO?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
27 Jul 2011 03:00 #9
No midi. I created those wobble sounds from scratch using a VST external plugin. Then, I copied it a few times. On each channel, I set the LFO Speed to a different rate.

27 Jul 2011 22:17 #10
ah nicely done, I love recording loads of different LFO rates on top of each other, the harmonious rhythms never let you down

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
27 Jul 2011 22:25 #11
Yep. Never gets old. I learned that doing it like this is a bit more efficient than automating it, as you can't sync it through automation; it's custom.

27 Jul 2011 22:48 #12
Also automating the LFO rate can take some time, I find using different synths with a set rate can also give the song more variety, as having the same sound with different speed wobbles can get repetitive. Good starting point for producing dubstep though.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
27 Jul 2011 23:30 #13
Lucky for me, the plugin I used for the wobblying had built in LFO Rates. For example, I could set it to 1/16, 1/8, 3/32, etc., instead of trying to find the exact right speed using a single knob.

In the song, I used... I think 3 different synths for the wobbles. The one at the start, then the more bassy-type wobble, and finally the heavy, dirty synth.

Next dubstep song I plan to add more rhythm to the wobblying.

28 Jul 2011 01:22 #14
Yeah my plug in also gives me the same option, very useful indeed!
In one of my dubstep songs, i thought i would be original and include polyrhythms to the various LFO's, leaving me with a wobble bass in 5/4 and another in 4/4 then another in 12/8. This technique can sound technical and beautiful, however its safe to say it didnt sound great in my production haha. I advise you try it, its an educational and fun technique to use, if you pull it off it could sound siick.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Jul 2011 01:27 #15
I'll try those speeds out.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.953 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.