file The Gauntlet

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
13 Aug 2011 17:59 #1
A lot has been happening recently... Both here at the forums, and in the real world. I, too, have gone through quite a number of events in the past few days... Before I explain to you what this blog is all about, why don't we backtrack a bit...

8-5-11

We took a trip to the Ohio State Fair. It was good, and I especially liked the Skyride and their Hypnotism Show! They also had a small amusement-park section with rides I decided to stay at for a while. All-in-all, it was a good day.

8-12-11

Two words: Havoc Construction. I was only able to access online for about 20 minutes, before my bedroom came tumbling down... That's right: A paint job. One heck of a paint job at that! I'm typing this from my basement, as my room is still under construction... First off, let me just say that my room was originally my brother's room... Heck, it looked a bit, um... Immature? Considering the original wall color was yellow... Yeah let's go with immature. I decided to choose a rich sapphire-like blue for the new color. I must say it looks pretty darn good! Next, the wallpaper border... Man, that was the most embarrasing part! Guess what the border was: cars and buildings. Well, it's about time we rid the room of that! Currently, the room is in the process of painting finalization. I won't have my computers set back up until later today, so I can't play MB for while...

Some week... Eh? Now, on to the main event!

August 17, 2011

Just guess. Did you guess? If you guessed school, then you're correct. It's only 4 days away! I'm nervous mostly because this time school will become very different: Homeschool. That's right. I'm taking online courses... My mom says she wants to do this for the next 2 years! I fear that then I won't have much of a social life... Thank God for Facebook. The advantages state as follows:

- Sleeping. Seriously though. I can really get up whenever I want. My mom was talking 8:00, but I think I can talk her into 9:00 .
- Online advantages. Now, while my dad gets real strict about me being addicted to these forums (which I'm not, if you haven't noticed ) and checking them every 5 minutes (Haven't you noticed it's been about 24 hours since my last visit?), I've still got that avantage because I'll be in front of a computer all day. Maybe he'll relax on FB; not sure though...

Can't really think of much more... The worst as well as the best is yet to come, maybe.

September 1, 2011

To this day, things will change. Why? Because September 1st is my birthday! And not only that, but I've got quite a number of surprises for you guys coming. If I told you now, they wouldn't be much of a surprise now would they? But whatever, if you want to know the outline of things, here you go:

First off, my mom is giving the full weekend (September 1-4) to do whatever I want. During this time, a series of events will take place:
    September 1 (Thursday) - Olive Garden! It's my favorite restaurant, and I'm visiting it again!
    September 2 (Friday) - The main day! Today I'll be having my pal, TJ, come over for the night. He and I have a lot in common; we both love working in FL Studio! Speaking of FL, perhaps you should know a few things...

- Music: I can't promise you I'll be releasing a track around the September period, because nowadays tracks take me a looong time to finish! However, I will try and get Soviet Dream, the sequel to Soviet Prophecy, finished.
    - Tutorials: Expect them! Amun-Ra gave me a good program to work with, however I am still having some issues...Though, since I'm sick of waiting and since you're sick of waiting, tutorials will be coming one way or another!

September 3 (Saturday) - It's a bit embarrasing to tell my plan for today, so I won't. Today some surprises I was telling you about will be coming.
    September 4 (Sunday) - I told my mom she could have the day off today, but apparently I was wrong on that one. Honestly, I don't know what I'm planning on for today. Maybe more surprises? Oh yes, because I can't keep them from you!

Weekend of September 9th

I'm going up to Pennsylvania for a trip to my great-grandmother's house. She lives in Alabama now, so their house in Pennsylvania now belongs to my grandpa. It's been passed down through generations.

Whoo, that was a good 20 minutes of typing. I think this might be my biggest blog yet, but incase it isn't:

I think that should do it. You know what else I've been noticing? My Marble Blasting skills have been impoving! I think that as I was striving for MBE records, it made me a better Marble Blaster! Now I REALLY wish I had access to MB! I remember, just recently, I was going into MBP, and I beat a number of personal records. Same with MBG! Well, I'm getting exhausted - See ya'll!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 18
13 Aug 2011 18:56 #2
Olive Garden is great. Have fun with everything.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
13 Aug 2011 19:25 #3
Honestly I hate Olive Garden, maybe it's because I prefer food of my own culture. Have a Great Time!

Also, you're school starts one day before I do

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
13 Aug 2011 19:32 #4
Pablo and Tech Warrior, I am so, so sorry for you. Do you both live in such rural areas that Olive Garden is your idea of good food?

iCometBlue, what kind of food are you talking about? My favorite ethnic food is probably Szechuan.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 Aug 2011 19:43 #5
Umm... I just like Italian.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
13 Aug 2011 19:48 #6
@PF You read my mind, I'm Szechuan myself so you guessed correctly. Not so often you see people that like spicy chinese food

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
13 Aug 2011 20:04 #7
Aug 13, 2011, 12:48pm, icometblue wrote:@PF You read my mind, I'm Szechuan myself so you guessed correctly. Not so often you see people that like spicy chinese food

Nice! I'm lucky enough to have like 5 different szechuan restaurants within 30 mins of me. Recently tried pork feet (with chili peppers of course).. was good but a little too fatty for me. Prefer stewed beef tendon. Favorite dishes are the mala and hot and numbing ones.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
13 Aug 2011 22:19 #8
I'm surprised that out of everything I put in my post, it's the food that stuck out...

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
14 Aug 2011 00:19 #9
Yea, my family is Italian, so olive garden to us is like fast food spaghetti.

Joey, you gonna visit me when you come up to PA? Please!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
14 Aug 2011 00:40 #10
My spaghetti is noodles

Not just that but I like it spicy

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
14 Aug 2011 03:56 #11
Aug 13, 2011, 5:40pm, icometblue wrote:My spaghetti is noodles

Not just that but I like it spicy

Do you like chengdu cold noodles? I could live on that.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
14 Aug 2011 05:13 #12
@Jeff - Well we're going to Cochranton, so...

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
14 Aug 2011 05:24 #13
@PF I like all types of noodles, hot or cold, soup or dry, spicy or plain, Japanese or Chinese

Also Tech made the first post irrelevant to food

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
17 Aug 2011 14:52 #14
Well, event one begins today! The first day of school...

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
17 Aug 2011 16:53 #15
I wondered how it's like to be home schooled...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
17 Aug 2011 18:13 #16
Well, considering I have easy access to the forums and get to chat online, it's good!

• Thank you received: 10
17 Aug 2011 20:01 #17
I did an online school for a year (well mostly. I went into school for a few hours a week, but mostly it was online) Definitely had some advantages, but for the most part it was boring and isolating. May I ask why you are doing it? In my case it was an hour bus ride each way to and from school, which made (IMO) the disadvantages of online school worth it over regular. (I am REALLY bad at waking up early, and the bus left at 6 AM). If you have no such reasons, then I would say it isn't worth it...

PS Surely you could find a better Italian restaurant then Olive Garden...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
17 Aug 2011 21:30 #18
The main reason is because we can't afford private school, and my mom won't send me to a public school...

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
17 Aug 2011 21:40 #19
My favorite Italian restaurant = Sbarro's. And good blog, Techy.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
17 Aug 2011 22:27 #20
Aug 17, 2011, 2:40pm, ktbold12345 wrote:My favorite Italian restaurant = Sbarro's. And good blog, Techy.

But seriously, is that the only Italian restaurant you've been to?

Aug 17, 2011, 2:30pm, techwarrior wrote:The main reason is because we can't afford private school, and my mom won't send me to a public school...

What about public schools doesn't she like? Is the one in your district just really bad? Please don't tell me it's that she doesn't want you learning about evolution

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
17 Aug 2011 23:14 #21
It is partly that. She doesn't think that public schools are challenging enough, and she prefers that I have a Christian education, which isn't there at public schools.

• Thank you received: 10
17 Aug 2011 23:24 #22
I'm sorry.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
17 Aug 2011 23:26 #23
...Is it really that horrid?

• Thank you received: 18
18 Aug 2011 01:11 #24
Yes. You'll never know just how much.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
18 Aug 2011 03:45 #25
I hate my schools only because most people hate me because I'm Chinese, and also my last name is *funny* and *fun to joke* with.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
18 Aug 2011 04:10 #26
Aug 17, 2011, 8:45pm, icometblue wrote:I hate my schools only because most people hate me because I'm Chinese, and also my last name is *funny* and *fun to joke* with.

Is that not a joke? I'm sorry dude, does your school just not have many Chinese kids? I'm not saying it's not their fault but some kids just hate what they are not used to and it's a shame really. People who hate others because of their ethnicity, religion, height/weight, etc, need to have a nice long talk with a counselor... preferably involving getting smacked in the face with heavy, blunt objects. Pisses me off how racist some people can be.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
18 Aug 2011 04:24 #27
Some other kid and I are probably the only Chinese people there is.

People always assume we're brothers... Stereotypes these days...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
18 Aug 2011 15:54 #28
I'm so sorry to hear that, iComet.

Second day of school! I can honestly say that it's not that bad... Don't see why many people don't like it. I guess the main disadvantage (IMO, anyway) is that there's no sociality in it... I can't be with friends and stuff...

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
18 Aug 2011 16:08 #29
At least you can't be made fun of...

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
18 Aug 2011 16:19 #30
Ug. I have to wake up at 7 o'clock to catch bus and arrive home between 4 o'clock to half past. (Especially if it breaks down...)
I'm also teased (albeit rather jokingly, not in a insulting manner) about looking quite Chinese (and being asked if I am Chinese quite a lot) and also being the smallest in my year. (about the average hight of an 8-year-old, and I'm 13 :/, but it has made me one of the most popular people in my school, so it kinda levels out.)

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.035 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.