file The Gauntlet

• Joey
  • Joey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
18 Aug 2011 18:18 #31
I've been in the exact same position as you Jackrb. Last year in 7th Grade, I was the shortest kid in high-school/middle-school... That's really why I'm teased... But then again, I was very popular at my school, mostly because I'm just that awesome.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
18 Aug 2011 18:26 #32
The shortest kid in my school is very popular... just in the wrong way.

He's made fun of a lot and sometimes for very unreasonable reasons

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
18 Aug 2011 18:28 #33
You mean like... Where everyone knows who he is but just wants to make fun of him?

That's sad. I have this friend who's in the same position, but still loves school... Yeah sure, he's a bit weird, but that doesn't give people the right to never say anything nice to the kid.

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
18 Aug 2011 18:35 #34
Normally because he's *different* and *smart*.

The only think I wanted to say to that person was Shut the fuck up, who cares if he's smart, seriously, do you want to be a dumbass in life? Since when was being smart a bad thing? At least we can get a job. Most people in my school have no common sense whatsoever.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
18 Aug 2011 23:18 #35
Sometimes different is good. If I were you, I would stick up for this kid. I know how it must feel watching other people constantly making fun of people. Is this kid a friend of yours?

• iCometBlue
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
19 Aug 2011 00:58 #36
Sort of.

I would've stood up for him if I weren't so shy...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
19 Aug 2011 03:53 #37
I know what you mean...

Probation Period

August 18, 2011 - August 28, 2011

This is the period where I'll be planning on the big weekend of the year! MY BIRTHDAY! That's not the exciting part, though. It's because of my birthday that I'll be giving you guys things, likewise said in the first post... So, I hope you're getting excited! Before you facepalm and leave, I'll go ahead and spoil some things:

- 2 new tracks:

1) Soviet Dream - The sequel to Soviet Prophecy
2) Light Show - An old DnB song that I revived today. Turning it into DnB/Dance.

- FL Tutorials!
- Live shows first air!
- MB Vids!

That's only an appetizer...

• Thank you received: 18
19 Aug 2011 05:04 #38
What's with you and the Soviets?

19 Aug 2011 05:04 #39
People shouldn't worry about height at that age, I was always small until I was about 16, you're magical growth spurt will kick in soon, just make sure you get enough vitamin D
Looking forwards to the new songs techy, keep them original.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
19 Aug 2011 14:15 #40
@Pablo - No idea. Thought that it'd be an interesting idea.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
20 Aug 2011 17:12 #41
BUMP!

What do you guys think of an industrial track? If you remember a while back, somewhere in my blog, I mentioned something about an industrial track. Yesterday, I started it! I'm real focussed on it and Light Show, thus, I'm losing interest in Soviet Dream. I plan to release all 3 at the date promissed: September 2. Not making full guarantues though, what with school and such. I mentioned to RC back at my forums that this song would include all new percussion! Yes, yesterday I downloaded hundreds of new drum samples, so all new percussion sounds will be featured in this industrial track. The industrial track's name is... CalKulus!

So, what do you guys think?

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
23 Aug 2011 04:58 #42
Bump.

Hey guys I just got a Gmail account! The one I've been using was my mom's... Here is mine:

techwarrior99@gmail.com

Feel free to add me!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
25 Aug 2011 21:13 #43
...Does anyone care?

Seriously though, I've bumped this like 3 times with no feedback. (This being my fourth bump)

This is a really exciting week and period for me, and I want it to be exciting for you too.

I've added a poll. In the poll, you'll see the 3 songs being released on Opening Day. You are to select the one in which you are most excited and are solely awaiting (if any at all) for. These results will help me in production.

...And so I don't have to repeat myself, read the above posts for furthur details on the event.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
28 Aug 2011 19:08 #44
Can you guys atleast pretend you care?

Originally written on my forums, so context may sound a bit weird

Quote:As you know, I've been keeping everything a surprise until the day comes. Well, I'm deciding to announce the order of events here and here only, but censor out some things...

September 1

- Soviet Dream Released! Slow, mystical-themed DnB; Sequel to Soviet Prophecy.
- MB Vids!

September 2

- Light Show Released! Fast, furious DnB/dance to the next level!
- FL Tutorials to be announced.
- Forum v. 1.2.10 Released! (Will be discused in staff boards)
- All assignments for mods completed.
- September 1st Analyzation
- [CENSORED]
- [CENSORED]

September 3

- CalKulus released! A heavy DnB and industrial track being the latter of the pack!
- [CENSORED]
- Walk in the Park Competition
- Soaring! Competition

September 4

- Credits and Ending

September 1-4

- The Forum Games!!

As you can see, I'm going to be very very busy between now and next week getting things done. I tried to add a little give and be interactive hint to it. Let me go into detail on some things:

1. The Forum Games:

- The Forum Games is the first real event on these forums! It will be under maintenance mode for a few hours prior to September 1 (so... afternoon-night). ALL STAFF MEMBERS READING THIS ARE TO LOG IN WITHIN THAT PERIOD. It will be compact with interactive games, scavenger hunts, quizzes, and more! It will last the whole wekend.

- Third Place in the Games will receive a free custom title!
- Second Place receives a free custom title plus an advertisement to whatever they do (such as their forum, music, art...) for a month.
- First place gets all that PLUS our annual Mod of the Day! promotion!

All players are to be non-staff, so in order to air the games we must get members! Advertise the games and catch people's interests!

2. [CENSORED]

These events are special and big. I will only reveal them to those who are involved.

3. Walk in the Park Competition

This small competition will only last a few hours and will be set up on the MB Forums. It is a mini-Marble Blast competition. Players will receive a random level. Players are then to do the level and get the best time. They will send me their time via PM.

4. Soaring! Competition

Walk! Jump! Hop! Run! This competition is for effort and fun! (Also on MBForums) Players will be asked to create a level. When they sign up, they will be given random requirements on aesthetics of the level. When complete, they will send their level back to me, along with the requirements, and in return will get their grade. Hopefully this competition improves level-building skills!

Get prepared!

To staff: I will PM you specific info on how to prepare for some of the events, depending on if you are to get involved. (Which you will)

Yep, everything there, will be offered on the September 1-4 Series of Events! So, get prepared. Did you guys see all the competitions and things I'm offering? Also, don't overlook the Forum Games! That's right. My forum is having its first event, The Forum Games! If you want to participate, sign up before September 1st!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
31 Aug 2011 15:06 #45
Staff, please login to my forums when you read this message.

My forum has gone down into Maintenance Mode prior to the airing of the Forum Games! So far we have.... 0 participants. Tomorrow everything begins...

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
01 Sep 2011 01:30 #46
Schedule for the Fall Games!. I really hope this schedule sparks a little interest to you so you can sign up and compete!

All times are present for EST Time. Keep up to date with EST.

September 1

9:00AM - Games! opening and procedures
10:00 - 10:30: Local scavenger hunt
10:30 - 11:30: Voice Your Opinion!
11:30 - 2:30PM: Open gaming
2:30 - 3:30: Local Competition - All participants
3:30 - 4:00: Soviet Dream release and details/feedback
4:30 - 6:00: Open gaming
6:10: Solitary Period
6:30 - 7:00: Awards Ceremony. Winners of the Local Competition will head on to Level 2 of The Games! They will access another section of the forum.

September 2

10:00AM: 'Games!' Opening
10:30: Analyzation of yesterday's events
11:00 - 1:00PM: Open Gaming
1:00 - 1:30: Local Scavenger Hunt
1:30 - 2:00: Light Show Furious dance track release and details/feedback
2:00 - 3:30: Regional Competition - Level 2 participants
4:00 - 6:00PM: Open Gaming and CENSORED events 1 and 2 revealed
6:30 - 7:30: Awards ceremony. Winners of the Level 2 National Competition will move up to Level 3, opening another section of the forum.
7:30 - 8:00: Forum version 1.2.10 released!
8:00 - 11:00: Open gaming

September 3

11:30AM: Games! opening
12:00 - 1:00: Regional Scavenger Hunt
1:30 - 2:30: Walk in the Park and Soarin'! competitions open.
2:30 - 4:30: Open Gaming and CENSORED event revealed
4:30 - 6:00: State Competition - Level 3 participants
6:30 - 7:00: CalKulus, heavy DnB and industrial track release and details/feedback.
7:30 - 8:00: Awards Ceremony. Winners of the Level 3 State competition will move up to the Forging Arena, Level 4, for the semi-finals and finals.
8:00 > Open gaming all night long.

September 4

2:00PM - 'Games' opening
2:30 - 3:30 - Open gaming
3:30 - 5:30 - Finalists > Practice Zone; Participants > Scavenger Hunt
5:30 - 6:00 - Briefing for finalists.
6:00 - 9:00 - Forging Arena Final Showdown
9:00 - 9:30 - Awaiting period
9:30 - 10:30 - Awards ceremony and Games! closing.

Okay, here is how the comps and awards system works:

Local Competition >>> All particpants start in
Regional Competition >>> 5 top players of the Local Comp participate
State Competition >>> 4 top players of the Regional Comp participate
Forging Arena Final Showdown >>> 3 finalists

Awards system:

1st place in the Games: Custom title, colored name, ad to whatever they do, and our exclusive Mod of the Day! promotion

2nd place in the Games: Custom title, ad to whatever they do

3rd place in the Games: Custom title

Those who make it to 2nd or 3rd levels of the competition: Custom title

All: Congrats and Credits

The types of games and gaming there will be discussed in detail once you join in. Basic stuff, though: Hangman, Jeopardy, Alliteration, quizzes and polls, scavenger hunts, external links to other games... Competition games will be different and more difficult, though they won't be discussed here.

We've got 2 members active on my forums, thus 2 participants:

J@ckrb
Pro Marbler

We certainly can't compete with only 2 members. I hope to see some people join and compete! Just PM me or write here if you'd like to compete, and I'll sign you up (As my forum is in Maintenance Mode for the Games) I'm just trying to spark a little interest in the community and try something a little different for you all. That's the main reason I'm doing all these events.

I hope to have participants in the Games!

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
01 Sep 2011 20:21 #47
Games! Local Competition in 10 minutes!

And I'm going to Olive Garden tonight for my b-day!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.869 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.