• hPerks
  • hPerks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • getting the joj done
More
06 Jul 2016 19:27 #1 by hPerks
Just kidding. ;)

Hey, while you're here, I guess I'll fill you in on some updates. The procrastination has begun to set in again, and I've been bouncing back and forth between a number of different things, none of which are really ready to post yet. Sorry about that, I'm doing my best. :)

Mostly I've been working on sifting through my >20 hours of piano improv (which you may remember was another one of the big things on my summer to-do list). Once I've finished that, I'll probably upload some of that raw stuff to SoundCloud (where y'all can have a listen if you're so inclined), and then start working on writing some new classical pieces based on those ideas.

Stan's Formation is on hold for the time being, with the level editor around 90% complete. The code is getting quite messy, and I'm not keen on continuing until I've changed a few major things in the James framework. Specifically, I'd like to completely redo the image loading stuff, and add object methods for finding positions, sizes, etc. relative to other objects. The latter will be very tricky given the fact that many objects are "contained" within other objects, not to mention the fact that I'll have to account for my hastily-added "scroll" and "scale" fields. However, it will clean up the code considerably. So I'm giving myself some time to mull over that.

Also, as you may have noticed, I've gotten back into making MB videos after a brief month-long hiatus, and I've also been busy with the summer multiplayer tournament - handling a lot of the recordings, write-ups, and of course the betting thread. That was the one bit of coding I have done since last time, and it was pretty simple with Python.

On the musical side, now that GarageBand 6 has randomly started working again, I've been writing some more short instrumentals on commission for a suuuuper seeeecret (okay maybe not lol) project. They were supposed to be jazzy, upbeat songs in the style of the MBG music, which isn't the easiest thing in the world to replicate with GarageBand's limited supply of instruments and (more importantly) my limited instrumentation skills, but I think I've been doing all right.

Outside of that, I've also begun playing piano at the farmer's market, and the take has been pretty good - not quite as much as I would make down at the waterfront, but still decent (and more reliable). A couple days ago, my sister and I went there together for the first time and rocked the house with some old classics. We had a lot of fun practicing as well as performing, and there's a chance we'll do it next time as well, and make it a regular thing again (like last summer).

So that's basically been my life for the past week and a half or so. But hey, the summer's just begun, and I'll have plenty of time to start more projects that I'll never finish between now and September. :P Stay tuned!

P. S. Saint Louis

"it's funny how the super monkey ball game without monkeys is the one that attracts more furries" - eblu 2018

Watch my videos here! - NEW: av'is levels: the movie!
Download my levels here! - NEW: Specific Gravity
Listen to my music here! - NEW: Memory Lane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Weather
  • Away
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
More
06 Jul 2016 20:40 #2 by Weather

• BlastedMarble
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Multiplayer Level Maker
More
06 Jul 2016 20:53 #3 by BlastedMarble
Replied by BlastedMarble on topic July 6, 2016 - My opinion on the MB community
You already replied to this on my topic but I'll retype it for convenience.

When I titled my latest blog "My opinion on the MB community", I wasn't kidding. I don't title my blogs different things to what I'm actually talking about because it would lead people the wrong way. The main reason I stated my opinion was to give out my own perspective on the community. Don't name your blogs different things to the original intent of it because people will more than likely ignore it or won't read it at all.

Anyway, good luck on your future projects. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this summer.

"Don't overanalyze or take deeply to heart any sort of misunderstanding, harsh criticism, or even slightly negative interaction." -Eguy 2017

My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/blastedmarble
My Twitter: twitter.com/BlastedMarble
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nature Freak

More
08 Jul 2016 12:47 #4 by Jkk39
Flagged for clickbait

Moderators: AayrlKalle29Regislian