- Category: News
- Written by IsraeliRD
- Hits: 1935
Hello Marble Blast Users,
It’s been a while since we had major updates to the site. This post is to inform all of you that this weekend (March 1st -> March 3rd) the website will be shut down as we transition our web service to a new host and implement some major updates that have been pending. The major changes include:
- Transitioning to the (new) domain of http://marbleblast.com
- Moving to a Virtual Private Server (VPS) which I’ve purchased for us. It should dramatically improve the website and leaderboards load and render times. The entire website and all associated services will be moved to the VPS.
- Upgrade the back-end to ensure all plugins and modules are up to date.
- Adding the Forum Personal Message system to allow users to send personal messages to one another.
- Adding basic functionality support for Marble Blast FUBAR Beta (and possibly an open beta build).
- Attempt to import the Vault topics and fix user post count.
- (Many more, which will not be listed here .. )
As you might have also noticed, 1.14’s leaderboards have been taken down and as of this post, 1.14 is no longer supported by the Platinum Team.
The main reason behind it is that Marble Blast Platinum will be updated to 1.50 Beta 3. With the update we will be migrating 1.14’s database to 1.50. We have removed all cheated times and the odd 1-2 seconds on several levels like Space Station. In addition, the main highlights are:
- Six new Multiplayer levels: Marble City, Playground, Marble It Up, Epicenter, Promontory and Eye of the Storm
- Two dedicated servers, Tsuf Mk 1 and Tsuf Mk 2, will be available in the server list for Multiplayer. Tsuf Mk 1 is a Windows only server (only Windows users can join it), while Tsuf Mk 2 is for Mac and Linux users only. Ends up Linux and Windows users cannot play with each other, but Mac/Linux users can. Go figure. We are aware of the numerous bugs in the dedicated servers, and we are NOT accepting bug reports with regards to them. More information will be available in the patch notes.
- New Single Player level selection UI
- New features including a spawn replay saving system for Multiplayer.
- Numerous bugfixes, including Super Challenges (you can play them now!)
More info will be available in the patch notes upon release, so you should read them as there is a lot.
The final part for this 'update' deals with me. As you all know, I’ve lived in Australia for the last 13 years and it’s been awesome down here. Nonetheless due to unexpected circumstances I will be permanently leaving the country and going back to Israel. I will move back in roughly the middle of May and will not be very active around that time. Once I get back I will go to the army and see what will happen. If the worst case scenario occurs, then I will be leaving this community temporarily for the duration of my enlistment, with a visit every once in a while. I will be sure to give an update once I know more information regarding my situation.
Thanks, and happy Marble Blasting!
Matan and the Marble Blast Staff.