file About bringing back "Fun in the Sun" (2015) MP level

• ejr
  • ejr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
23 Sep 2023 20:10 #1
Since Frightfest and Winterfest levels became available not only all year round, but also in offline mode, I was wondering if the 2015 Summer-exclusive MP level "Fun in the Sun" would also make a permanent comeback?

PQ has recently expanded in the last few years to include so much from MB history that I previously thought would never make it back -- such as MBU graphics and sounds; MB Mobile and MBG Xbox levels; integration with a database featuring thousands of old and new custom levels; some old, scrapped versions of PQ levels; and as mentioned above, all of MBP's/PQ's seasonal levels (except this one) in their latest versions. And there's other mods such as MBFubar, which at least are playable, if not more than that. I figured that including FitS into PQ would make the world of MB complete. (It was made by the Platinum Team, after all. :) I just hope it wasn't lost to the ages? :()

For reference, here are screenshots of the level from newsposts on-site:
marbleblast.com/images/beach.png
marbleblast.com/images/ldm-16-9.png

Maybe this might have been asked by someone before, but there's too much to scroll through and I have my doubts that I would successfully find what I'm looking for just by searching, so I'm just curious. Thanks :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yoshicraft224

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
25 Sep 2023 00:15 #2
Unlike the other events, the summer event was a one-day hosted event by Aayrl and the rest of the forums staff. As far as I know, the level was never posted publically, though anyone who played in the event would at least have the models/assets for it. If Aayrl is around he could post the mis, otherwise someone could probably reconstruct it from the parts and various VODs.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
25 Sep 2023 00:46 #3
Bowl-O-Rama is a similar case that was only available for Labor Day Madness

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!

• ejr
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
25 Sep 2023 04:21 #4
Actually, Bowl-o-Rama is (or was) included in one of the CLA .zips or older build .zips , if I recall. Can't seem to find the exact .zip that included the mission file and thumbnail, but I have that level with me thanks to one of those. It even works in PQ (at least as of November 2017 or later).

Anyway, thanks for clarifying! :) In the meantime, Vice City (the custom MP level) has elements that are similar to what was shown in the screenshots of Fun in the Sun. Hopefully FitS will someday join the rest of the revived content that was recently pulled through, you never know :)

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
25 Sep 2023 04:34 #5
I doubt Bowl-O-Rama was included in any of those downloads-- it had custom code in the mis to make the effects happen that was NOT intended for public release. That being said, if anyone happens to find it, let me (or realistically, RandomityGuy) know :)

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• ejr
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
25 Sep 2023 22:28 - 25 Sep 2023 22:30 #6
Here are the two files I've had since November 2017. (The interiors from the original Bowl should be the same, at least physically.) If they should not be attached here, I can remove them if necessary.

I just could have sworn they were in one of those zips back then. They may have been modified since then to not include them, but here they are.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Sep 2023 22:30 by ejr. Reason: Second paragraph
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yoshicraft224

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
26 Sep 2023 01:57 #7
... huh. Alright then. I'll go let Randomity know he's got some work to do :)

Code:

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
28 Sep 2023 05:50 - 28 Sep 2023 05:50 #8
I just asked Randomity myself, and he replied "yeah i don't have that level"
I asked Aayrl as well, but we'll see if he responds

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!
Last edit: 28 Sep 2023 05:50 by Yoshicraft224. Reason: Aayrl

• Thank you received: 368
16 Nov 2023 01:03 #9
I have all the original .mis and interior files for these as well as a bunch of other goodies.

I just uploaded an archive of Fun in the Sun, Bowl-o-rama (with the custom code), etc in the developers channel for the MB Discord, I'll leave it up to the current project maintainers to decide how they wish to share it in the current game files if they choose to do so.

I'll keep casually digging through old drives and if I find interesting objects I'll share them with the team.

Enjoy!

~Aayrl

• ejr
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
19 Nov 2023 01:08 - 22 Nov 2023 03:06 #10
[strike]Couldn't find a developers channel in MB's Discord in the left sidebar. I also did a specific search for posts from Aaryl in the last four days and no results containing this. Is it only accessible to certain users?[/strike]

I should have noticed the details of the previous post more closely. Fingers crossed for eventual access to this single MP map via Marbleland or someplace. :)
Last edit: 22 Nov 2023 03:06 by ejr. Reason: Developers channel is only visible (at all) to moderators and to those maintaining open-sourced PQ. Didn't occur to me Discord works that way.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.936 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.