file Just wondering about MBF

• Beack
  • Beack's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
  • Thank you received: 0
18 Nov 2012 02:53 #1
First off all thanks for stopping by (and hopefuly read it).

I got that idea several days ago and I'm not sure what to do, also the idea was originally make all again, whole new and never seen in the comunity, but before do all in a complete frenzy...what do you think?

I asking to the comunity because MBFuture was just an accident and a small error I did that ended called Marble Blast Future, how? just simple, when I joined to the forums with my fist account and custom level (2009), I recived a feedback that said something like looks good from a new marbler and I understood something different, just like looks god for a new Marble (mod)

I writting this to clear some things about the mod. Maybe old members and staff remember when I created a level and some days after I created a thread in General Marble Blast Discussion (no mod board in that age) called Marble Blast Gold 2 showing a bunch levels and these marbles from Marble Arena, what I saying is that wasn't intentional, was a totally error of my sucking english language (and Google Translator ¬¬), then I made over 50 levels for it, some of them I still have.

After the time I kept the idea of the new mod, calling it Marble Blast Future (name suggested by RM38) and again showed some info abtou it, and that moment where when I really wanted to make a full mod, after many months I ended with a good looking mod and many hopes to release it as a full brand new MB mod, not in a partial part.

After the code stole from MBOpal, I dissapears (wrong decision) and not log in in several months (ever worse), instead of admit it, and it was released, that was like *BOOM HEADSHOT*, in other words VERY disappointment because I really wanted to finish it, mostly because I met awesome people and have a lot of fun building it, but the reality killed it, after that I still continued it, why? because I wanted, but that was only few weeks, after these weeks I decided to stay in the comunity and make some additions, and there to today while I writing this.

The main question is, Continue it? and I will have the support that I had before it died?

If you don't know what I'm talking about.

Official thread

Stuuf released

Trailer
var pb_ad_url = ads.proboards.com/ad.pl?as=300x250&ap=BT...15&cb=+Math.random() ; document.write('');

Final Look (before the release)
var pb_ad_url = ads.proboards.com/ad.pl?as=300x250&ap=BT...15&cb=+Math.random() ; document.write('');

again thanks for read the whole thing, I really appreciate any opinion about this idea.

The weirdest signature that I ever requested

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
18 Nov 2012 03:41 #2
Ultimatly its your decision beack, I'll support you either way. However, I will not be coder for you if you do redo it because I am too busy as we both know already. Glad to see you have interest in this old game still. If you choose not too, make custom levels, skies, graphics, learn to code, whatever. Just stick around old buddy and we'll come up with something.

Either way, its your opinion. If you want to discuss it further with me, like what your planning on changing, what your doing different if you choose to go that path, ect. feel free to come on msn and chat.

But yeah, I'll support you either way Beack!

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 15
18 Nov 2012 04:06 #3
MBFuture always looked like a promising mod when it was in production, and I was disappointed when you vanished and it had to be released in an incomplete form. I would love to see MBFuture make a triumphant return, but I'm not going to force you to make a choice either way. As Jeff said, it's your decision.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
18 Nov 2012 07:40 #4
Personally I won't mind either way, although it would be fantastic if you do remake it (or call it #2, whichever).
There are a few problems though with doing it completely from scratch, and your main one is lack of programmers. Now, you can do what others did and have a simple level pack, including new textures, graphics etc. You can basically redo the entire gfx of the whole game and add new levels without the need to have a programmer. That said, you won't have new features, but there have been mods which had no new features and were very good.
Now if you continue from where you left off, that will be welcome to.

Nonetheless this all depends on you, not us.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
18 Nov 2012 10:48 #5
Its up to you! If you have power and time to finish it up i would be pleased to see this mod done. As IRD already suggested you could better add more levels/textures .etc if you don't have coders.
If you are planning to finish it up and need advice with making shapes in blender (or any other help with exporting them) I will be happy to help you.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
18 Nov 2012 17:55 #6
Thanks for all the suggestions.

The decision was taked and I will continue it as a new MBFuture, the idea is have the same level looking and with some new scenery, maybe some realistic ones, but I doubt about about them.

The few problems that I will have is about the staff or the people that will help, because the most part of the members aren't really interested in MB and there are many promising mods like MBelite, PQ and MBFubar already.

For the lack of programmers it's a simple answer, but a long process, in other words, bug someone or else learn torquescript by myself (actually doing that), [off topic]the main reason of my sudden lack of levels for the comunity[/off topic]

I will continue doing levels for the Comunity, and add some levels to the mod, but I will explains all the plans in the official thread (not right now, but you will notice that.)

Again thanks for all the support, I hope this time the mod will be released in the full form.

~Beack

• dobrakmato
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
18 Nov 2012 20:45 #7
Hello again guys! @Beack: I think it's a good idea! If you will need any help I am here for you, just contact me!

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
18 Nov 2012 20:47 #8
Welcome back mato, guess beack got his old coder back

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 15
18 Nov 2012 20:58 #9
Welcome back Mato!

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
18 Nov 2012 22:41 #10
Nov 18, 2012, 12:47pm, jeff wrote:Welcome back mato, guess beack got his old coder back

You are guessing right

Welcome Back Mato, where have you been!

[off topic]Why the people just vote instead of vote and say why, weird forums as always [/off topic]

22 Nov 2012 03:29 #11
I think you should continue the old MBF. UNLESS you have some cool new features planned for the new one.

• Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
23 Nov 2012 04:44 #12
Nov 21, 2012, 7:29pm, mbgaddict wrote:I think you should continue the old MBF. UNLESS you have some cool new features planned for the new one.

there are already on the way.

• Marble_of_Randomness
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
23 Nov 2012 09:50 #13
Nov 22, 2012, 8:44pm, satanic wrote:
Nov 21, 2012, 7:29pm, mbgaddict wrote:I think you should continue the old MBF. UNLESS you have some cool new features planned for the new one.

there are already on the way.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.792 seconds