lock Marble Blast Super [INCOMPLETE RELEASE]

• Thank you received: 2
09 Aug 2013 22:15 #31
75-100 levels? That seems a bit much to start aiming for now IMO, especially to a mod staff that doesn't seem to have many dedicated level-makers. I'd say quantity's less important than quality, and that I'd be perfectly fine playing a mod that only has 20-25 good levels but didn't take for ever to release.

I've also played mods that DO have a bunch of levels in them, but I was disappointed to see that the majority of them were either rushed levels or 'learning to roll'/'super insane tightrope madness extreme part x of 50' levels.
The topic has been locked.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
09 Aug 2013 22:28 #32
Like mbemerald?

Yeah I agree with frublox, quality over quantity. In fact the best situation would be building custom levels and getting feedback from the community members before even making a mod.
And besides, we already have fubar, platinum 1.50 and PQ. Custom levels WHERe?

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • davidjl123
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
14 Aug 2013 07:24 #33
We now have a forums!
mbsuper.proboards.com/
  • StewMan46
  • StewMan46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
14 Aug 2013 13:05 #34
Good Job! I've looked at the forums already and they are really cool!
  • davidjl123
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
24 Aug 2013 16:59 #35
Marble Blast Super DEMO

October or November 2013
Late 2013 or Early 2014
Stay tuned....
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
24 Aug 2013 17:44 #36
July to October doesn't seem like much time for a mod to have a lot of development, let alone be ready for a demo. Demos usually come when the mod is in beta, which means like ~ 90% of the levels are done, the codes are about done but need refined and tweaked, and most of the graphics are done.

If that is the case, then we can expect that the levels were rushed to get done, which doesn't sound promising in my opinion.

Also I have a question.

What exactly does StewMan do in this project?

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
24 Aug 2013 18:25 #37
Aug 24, 2013, 10:44am, jeff wrote:July to October doesn't seem like much time for a mod to have a lot of development, let alone be ready for a demo. Demos usually come when the mod is in beta, which means like ~ 90% of the levels are done, the codes are about done but need refined and tweaked, and most of the graphics are done.

If that is the case, then we can expect that the levels were rushed to get done, which doesn't sound promising in my opinion.

Also I have a question.

What exactly does StewMan do in this project?

Considering what's been shown to us, it doesn't look like there is enough to support a demo. There are no real levels, and the features and gui seem basic and unfinished.

As for StewMan, it doesn't look like he is doing much with the mod AFAIK, besides starting it.
  • RandomGuy
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • I'm back, and still random
25 Aug 2013 00:59 #38
My advice currently is to try to get it at least to a level pack with new textures, music and GUI by your demo deadline (which is basically what Elite called its demo.) That way, you will have definitive progress, but not necessarily a demo.

- Steven
Cuber, Musician, Science Olympian, QuizBowler Extraordinaire, and totally, you guessed it, random!

Instagram: theadhdsteven
Snapchat: theadhdsteven
Youtube Channel: RandomGuy
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
25 Aug 2013 01:07 #39
Aug 24, 2013, 11:25am, frublox wrote:Considering what's been shown to us, it doesn't look like there is enough to support a demo. There are no real levels, and the features and gui seem basic and unfinished.

As for StewMan, it doesn't look like he is doing much with the mod AFAIK, besides starting it.

Exactly, there has been not much content that has been posted about. Remember how the community wants level packs and not mods? I don't know why people just won't listen, especially when we have MBP 1.50, PQ, and Marble Blast Fubar, the awesome mods that are in progress.

What should be done then? Well, instead of adding new features and attempting to make a multiplayer that if wanted to be successful, it would take years to do, then add content plus a few new codes to make a few levels unique. I don't see how Multiplayer on your mod is going to be done, or is going to beat MBP as stated on youtube, especially when we've been doing Multiplayer for years, for a design that is efficient and accurate, and few bugs.

And, I still want to know what the heck stewman does in this mod? Levels? Graphics? Codes? Or does he just lead, because if that is it, then ...why is he the leader? Look at Matan, who leads PQ and MBP. Look at Phil as well when he was active, the amount of work he did. Leaders are expected to do a lot of work and not just give orders.

I used to make mods, and look how they turned out. It was a waste of time (except for the knowledge of multiplayer and such). They ended up not getting anywhere.

Making custom levels is the best way to get feedback as well from community members, so that the quality can improve as well

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
25 Aug 2013 03:09 #40
FruBlox, RandomGuy14, Jeff, and anyone else:
We should probably resist the urge to post any further as we're wasting our time. They aren't going to listen to us, or learn.

If you do want to keep complaining about the disaster, then be my guest.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
25 Aug 2013 17:41 #41
Aug 24, 2013, 8:09pm, admin wrote:FruBlox, RandomGuy14, Jeff, and anyone else:
We should probably resist the urge to post any further as we're wasting our time. They aren't going to listen to us, or learn.

If you do want to keep complaining about the disaster, then be my guest.

Agree with Matan about that

I checked all the thread and the replies (videos too), and they didn't listened most os the commentos, tips, etc... Fially all I have to say is...

Good Luck!
(correct me if this is spam)

The weirdest signature that I ever requested
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
26 Aug 2013 09:25 #42
Thanks Beack!
  • RandomGuy
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • I'm back, and still random
28 Aug 2013 22:48 #43
Not only have you double posted, but you have provided very small things which you have done for this mod. Also, what is pre-alpha? If you made some particularly good levels for that stage, then make more so you have something to show the community (if not for the mod, then custom levels to present to the community. A changelog to me sounds like a record of all the new things done to the mod (levels, new features/code, etc.). Not trying to be or sound mean, just providing constructive criticism.

- Steven
Cuber, Musician, Science Olympian, QuizBowler Extraordinaire, and totally, you guessed it, random!

Instagram: theadhdsteven
Snapchat: theadhdsteven
Youtube Channel: RandomGuy
  • StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
29 Aug 2013 09:13 #44
Ok. Sorry for double posting by the way. PS. Pre-alpha is the build before Alpha.
  • RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
06 Sep 2013 18:20 #45
BUMP

I got some ideas:

Coin colecting+gem colecting :you have to collect coins as well as gems to finish.

Gem light and coin light :to locate the gems

Blast!:Using higuy's blast.cs and knocking away marbles!

Health bar:when you hit a surface very hard or knocked away by blast,your health bar will decrease,if health bar is empty marble changes its skin to black coloured marble and it blasts(releasing lot of force) and respawns after 5 seconds.

New models:the power ups,hazards look boring,I have got MBU/O powerup+hazard models!(converted .jng to .jpg)(bumper doesn't work properly )

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
13 Sep 2013 01:31 #46
Sept 6, 2013, 11:20am, krishiv768 wrote:
New models:the power ups,hazards look boring,I have got MBU/O powerup+hazard models!(converted .jng to .jpg)(bumper doesn't work properly )

Since when is it legal to have possession of mbu/mbo files. This is starting to get old.

13 Sep 2013 05:20 #47
^ I thought mbu/mbo was made an open source, like the torque. Not too original to cop off of other mods, though. And the coins should have some purpose other than just being gems, like being able to buy more blasts, etc.
  • Thank you received: 15
13 Sep 2013 05:23 #48
Sept 12, 2013, 10:20pm, chameleon wrote:^ I thought mbu/mbo was made an open source, like the torque.

Where on earth did you get that impression? >_>
13 Sep 2013 05:24 #49
I just assumed it. Didn't they make the torque game engine an open source? But like I said, it is unoriginal to cop off of other peoples mods.
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
13 Sep 2013 05:59 #50
Marble Blast is anything but open source. And GG doesn't even own the rights to it, so they can't tell anyone it's open source.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
16 Sep 2013 13:19 #51
Sept 12, 2013, 10:20pm, chameleon wrote: And the coins should have some purpose other than just being gems, like being able to buy more blasts, etc.
yes, that's a GREEEAAAAT idea!

there should be another button for shop where we can buy:
1)blast doubler
2)speed
3)jump
4)Marble skins with marbles
5)abilities:
1)double jump
2)time stop!(freezes everything)

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
19 Sep 2013 02:49 #52
Sept 16, 2013, 6:19am, krishiv768 wrote:
Sept 12, 2013, 10:20pm, chameleon wrote: And the coins should have some purpose other than just being gems, like being able to buy more blasts, etc.
yes, that's a GREEEAAAAT idea!

there should be another button for shop where we can buy:
1)blast doubler
2)speed
3)jump
4)Marble skins with marbles
5)abilities:
1)double jump
2)time stop!(freezes everything)

Maybe less time should be spent worrying about these kinds of features (which can be implemented fairly easily, imo), and more time on building creative and fun-to-play levels/gamemodes that work well with those features.

I know all of the advice that's been given has been ignored so far, but I'm hoping that even after this mod dies you can at least see what went wrong and not immediately start a brand new mod with the same intentions as before (which has happened a few times, actually).
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
19 Sep 2013 06:58 #53
We toiled around with ideas like that in Project Revolution. One of the major things I noticed is how nicely tuned the stock physics settings are. Changing them felt so unnatural.

The marble shop idea, while it has been done before, is not a bad one. Just be sure to make the prices fair

Blast doubler sounds like a bad idea. Keep it to ultrablast at best. One thing I've come to notice is that Blast can completely break levels. Use it only when its needed. Also, if you haven't already, remember to take out the auto-updater in the blast.cs script.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
19 Sep 2013 08:24 #54
Decided the prices

You could also gain coins by replaying a level with coins just like temple run.
Blast doubler:30 coins
Speed:15 coins
Jump:15 coins
Every marble skin and marble costs:25 coins
Double jump:30 coins
Time stop:35 coins

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
  • Thank you received: 31
19 Sep 2013 16:59 #55
Sept 19, 2013, 1:24am, krishiv768 wrote:Decided the prices

These coins must be made of natural diamonds.
  • RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
20 Sep 2013 14:10 #56
Sept 19, 2013, 9:59am, maingi wrote:

No,they will be made of bronze,silver and gold.
1 Bronze coin = 1 bronze coin
1 silver coin = 5 bronze coins
1 gold coin =10 bronze coins

Diamonds are priceless!

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
21 Sep 2013 06:38 #57
Sept 19, 2013, 9:59am, maingi wrote:

Win.
  • Thank you received: 10
21 Sep 2013 13:59 #58
random mods are just waste of time. seriously. stop wasting your life on these stupid mods.
  • Beack
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Beack ewe
22 Sep 2013 16:16 #59
Sept 21, 2013, 6:59am, pokkomarble wrote:random mods are just waste of time. seriously. stop wasting your life on these stupid mods.
.w. .... rude much?

[back on topic]
If you have a forums for your mod alrady done, preffer discuss those ideas there and post here updates, progress, some video or any important notice about the mod like demo release or if it will suspended for a while

sorry my english is a bit weak

The weirdest signature that I ever requested
  • Thank you received: 17
22 Sep 2013 23:32 #60
Sept 22, 2013, 9:16am, satanic wrote:
Sept 21, 2013, 6:59am, pokkomarble wrote:random mods are just waste of time. seriously. stop wasting your life on these stupid mods.
.w. .... rude much?

[back on topic]
If you have a forums for your mod alrady done, preffer discuss those ideas there and post here updates, progress, some video or any important notice about the mod like demo release or if it will suspended for a while

sorry my english is a bit weak

Sounds like a good idea. They do have their own forums.
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.975 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.