file Marble Blast Haxe Port (64bit windows/mac/web/android)

• RandomityGuy
  • RandomityGuy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 74
30 Jun 2024 17:03 #31
Marble Blast Ultra 1.1.3 has been released.
This update brings the following changes:
- Added IOS support for the Web version of the game.
- Added Dynamic Joystick for Touch Controls.
- Improved server list with status.
- Improved marble smoothing in Multiplayer.
- Increased chat character limit.
- Now you will be prompted to set display name if the name is not valid.
- Fixed marbles glitching out in Marble Picker.
- Fixed server crash caused when players try to join a game more than 8 times.
- Fixed trapdoor not having correct duration.
- Minor performance improvement.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, thearst3rd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
19 Jul 2024 15:10 #32
Marble Blast Platinum 1.6.0 has been released!
A big update! Bringing in the cross platform multiplayer the way it was meant to be played!
Please note that it is always and always recommended to download the native client for unlocked FPS and higher performance.
- Added cross platform multiplayer, the Online button is now unlocked.
- Gem Hunt Free-for-all only, no other game modes are present.
- Server authoritative marble physics and rollback netcode for all gameplay elements - including moving platforms.
- Up to 8 players due to platform technical limitations.
- Seamless multiplayer custom levels integration through Marbleland.
- Spectator mode is implemented but lasts until the end of match.
- Four PlatinumQuest levels that were present in MBP multiplayer have been added along with their shaders.
- Added the Ability to toggle between old spawns and new spawns for certain multiplayer maps.
- Added Competitor Mode:
- A new gem spawn will happen automatically after a certain duration depending on number of gems picked up.
- Reduced Mega Marble duration.
- Only Ultra Blasts can affect marbles.
- Fixed starting point.
- Touch controls improvements:
- Configure visibility of On-Screen Controls
- Configure behavior of buttons acting as camera joystick by altering Button Camera Factor
- Configure your camera sensitivity and swipe extent.
- Improved touch camera sensitivity a bit.
- Added Dynamic Joystick for Touch Controls.
- Added support for iOS for the web version.
- Improved Controller support for Android.
- Optimized the game to run at much higher framerates.
- Improved marble shadow.
- Fixed certain customs missing interiors/textures.
- Fixed marble collision at varying radii.
- Fixed Super Speed throwing you in the wrong direction.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
The following user(s) said Thank You: HiGuy, NF

• Thank you received: 415
20 Jul 2024 15:31 #33
Thanks so much for this RandomityGuy! In particular, I want to say how glad I am that you've made it an option to switch between old and new spawns. I'd love to see an expanded version of this in PQ too! Which maps does this affect? Is it only official levels that have had their spawns changed since 2017 (Triple Decker, Maximo Center, Marble Agility Course, Basic Agility Course, All Angles, Marbleland, Battlecube Revisited, Lupus, Par Pit, Eye of the Storm, Nadir, Spires—this list is just from memory, so it might be wrong)?

I noticed by playing Marble Agility Course that the gem hitboxes (at least in that level, but potentially all hitboxes throughout the game) are a little lenient—I could get the yellow gem on top of the large tunnel through the ceiling, and I could also get the yellow gem on top of the inverted half-pipe thing through the ceiling. The gems on the little wooden... half-dowels (for lack of a better term) which are suspended between the two brown walls are also very easy to collect just by jumping underneath them. This isn't too big of an issue though—I'd rather have the gems a little easier to collect than much harder to collect like they were originally with this port.

Also, one bug I found: if you select Advanced as the difficulty, then whichever difficulty you were on prior to Advanced will not appear in the choices for difficulty. For example, if you select Custom and then Advanced, Advanced will show up in the place where Custom was, separated from Beginner and Intermediate by a divider, and Custom is nowhere to be seen until you select a different difficulty. I think it should always give you the options of Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Custom no matter which difficulty you're on.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
20 Jul 2024 15:55 #34

Which maps does this affect? Is it only official levels that have had their spawns changed since 2017?

The list of maps with the changed spawns can be found in the list here: github.com/RandomityGuy/MBHaxe/commit/8a...49b99934fdb0f98e3204

I noticed by playing Marble Agility Course that the gem hitboxes (at least in that level, but potentially all hitboxes throughout the game) are a little lenient

Yeah this is still a little deviation from the original.

Also, one bug I found: if you select Advanced as the difficulty, then whichever difficulty you were on prior to Advanced will not appear in the choices for difficulty. For example, if you select Custom and then Advanced, Advanced will show up in the place where Custom was, separated from Beginner and Intermediate by a divider, and Custom is nowhere to be seen until you select a different difficulty. I think it should always give you the options of Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Custom no matter which difficulty you're on.

Oops that went unnoticed, also the UI was taken from MBP 1.50 which had this kind of difficulty selector.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF

• Thank you received: 415
20 Jul 2024 16:09 #35
Thanks! Also it's really cool that you were able to get the camera to follow the marble when it approaches walls and obstacles behind it, just like in the original game. It does still move inside walls on occasion, but it's great to see that implemented. The Haxe port also doesn't have that annoying bug when you hit a gravity modifier at a weird angle, where the camera will reverse and your controls will go the wrong way. That's what MBG and PQ do when you skip the first two gravity modifiers in Möbius Strip and hit the third one. So that was so nice to see that age-old bug fixed!

One other thing I noticed since my last post: it's weird how the local top score name and multiplayer name are linked. I use the date to save my times locally. My multiplayer name was "NF on M1 Pro". Then I played Möbius Strip and when I finished the level, "NF on M1 Pro" was still in the box and I had to change it to "2024-07-20". Then when I went to multiplayer again, my name was "2024-07-20". I don't know if this is intended or not, but it feels weird.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
20 Jul 2024 16:52 #36
The code for the camera behavior was taken from MBWeb which also had the same logic,
As for the name thing, they are indeed linked, the same input box is used for both the cases. Less duplication.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
21 Jul 2024 13:50 #37
Marble Blast Platinum 1.6.1 has been released!
This update fixes the following bugs:
- Fixed a crash when there are more players than spawn points in multiplayer.
- Fixed minor UI bugs with kicking and player list.
- Prevent timing out of players who are still loading the level.
- Fixed sort order of two multiplayer levels.
- Attempted to improve performance when someone joins mid-game.
- Touch Controls: Pressing pause now releases the joystick.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.973 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.