lightbulb MarbleBlast | Hall of Fame II

• Jiquor
  • Jiquor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 163
26 Jul 2024 17:58 - 16 Sep 2024 21:10 #1
Hi. Some of you may know that Connie and I are working on a modern sequel to the classic stage “Hall of Fame” coined by marbleman back in 2003 (thanks MBOUltimate for the corrections). We need your help to decide who should be on it. Our goal is to be fair and impartial. We spent about a week creating the list below, and could use your input. Deadline is Friday, August 2, 11am PST (UTC -8).
Notable Members
This section will contain golden podiums, individual gems at each, and the finish pad.
Here, we're looking for members that are notable from any year considered "still relevant" today for multiple roles.
This could be for things like making popular mods, being a lead/well-known developer, etc.

daniel741852 (Skilled Developer, MBU Porter to PQ)
IsraeliRD - We all know why he's here. "The GOAT", and MBP/PQ
HiGuy - Programmer, MBP and PQ, and Site Designer
Jeff - Programmer, and MBP and PQ
Phil - Stage Builder, Music Creator, and 3D Modeler

Aside from the main five from the original MBP/PQ Development Team, this section is currently empty.
Our goal for this section is quality over quantity. Please think carefully before making your choices from the list below.

Notable Players
Current speed runners, previous tourney winners, etc., found to be current "Legends" in this community.
Requirements: must not have been found to have cheated, must've won one or more tourney - AND are currently active

Speed Runners: BattleCube314, Berserk, Cobalt, Eguy, Dom, HappyTreeX1, Mazik, PowerJohn25, Voltage, Xelna

Tourney Winners: DKMan00, Jean, Kalle, MBOUltimate, Xedron

Notable Creators
Current stage builders, 3D modelers, music composers, etc., found to be "Prolific" in this community.
Requirements: must be a currently active curator

BlastedMarble (Stage Builder)
Endy (Stage Builder)
Lee (Stage Builder)
Ralph (Stage Builder)
Nockess (Stage Builder)
SummerArmy (Stage Builder)

Notable Programmers and Developers
Current programmers, highly skilled stage builders, popular mod makers, etc., found to be "Highly Skilled" in this community.
Requirements: must have amazing programming knowledge, is a highly skilled creator OR have created well-known/popular Mods

Aayrl (Longstanding Administrator, Head Web Master, created Marble Blast Fubar)
Connie (Stage Builder, Skilled Coder, created Marble Blast Fusion+)
Jiquor (Stage Builder, 3D Modeler, created STOP DeluXe)
Keppy (Really Skilled Developer, Stage Builder)
RandomityGuy (Legendary Coder, Skilled Developer, New PQ Lead, created TAS/Haxe ports)
Thearst3rd (Skilled Coder and Developer)
Vanilagy (Legendary Coder, created Marble Land and the Marble Blast Web Ports)
whirligig231 (Legendary Coder, created M.B.P.U. and Quaternion)

Members Emeritus (Hall of Fame Archive)
Members, notable for anything in any given year, but are considered "Inactive".
Players from the first Hall of Fame stage will also appear here, but are otherwise currently unlisted until we figure that out.

Players: Cobalt, dushine, Frostfire (tourney), hPerks (tourney), Imperial, Pokko, RC (tourney), Regislian

Creators: Andrew (stages), Buzzmusic (music), CyberFox (3D Modeler), Go'way (stages, pioneer of stage creation in Blender, moderator) hPerks (music, stages, developer, moderator [R.I.P.]), Jayar (stages), RDs.empire (3D Modeler, developer), Oaky (stages), Pablo (stages), Technostar (stages), technostick (stages), Weather (stages)

Programmers: Derpsky, Jase, Seizure22, Threefolder, Spy47

Who are we missing? Who should be in "Notable Members"? Any other scandals? Vote before August 2, 2024 at 11:00 PM PST (UTC -8)!

EDIT: This list went through a bunch of people before we created the public thread. All people currently above were NOT unilaterally decided for. If you do not agree that someone should be on this list, please explain why (preferably by sending Jiquor or Connie a private message).

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2024 21:10 by Jiquor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MBOUltimate, Connie, Yoshicraft224, Jean, husemat, subtract, Wilchz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MBOUltimate
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Personal text
  • Thank you received: 63
26 Jul 2024 20:50 - 26 Jul 2024 20:51 #2
A minor nitpick, but Hall of Fame was conceived in December 2003 . The level was likely published at the very latest in early January 2004, and not in 2006.
I'll make my list soon.
Last edit: 26 Jul 2024 20:51 by MBOUltimate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiquor

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • There's a patch of sunlight in my room.
  • Thank you received: 800
26 Jul 2024 21:28 - 26 Jul 2024 21:51 #3
Made my own list. Several reasons why I disagree with your method of sorting or particular inclusions, but I invite that discussion on the Discord server. This takes an overall perspective rather than any separation of past and current. Not a complete list.

Highest Honors (Long-term integral contribution)
  • IsraeliRD
  • HiGuy
  • Phil
  • RandomityGuy
  • Xelna
Members (Multi-faceted/Community)
  • Aaryl
  • Frostfire
  • Kalle29
  • hPerks
  • Nockess
  • Regislian
Players
  • Singleplayer
    • Battlecube314
    • Dom
    • dushine
    • Imperial
    • Powerjohn25
    • Xedron
  • Multiplayer
    • Eguy
    • Jean
    • MBOUltimate
    • RC
Creators
  • Andrew
  • BlastedMarble
  • Buzzmusic
  • Pablo
  • Threefolder
Developers
  • Derpking
  • RDs.empire
  • Vanilagy
  • whirligig231
Unsorted/Lower-Tier (either not considered of high enough honor but still long-term contribution, or shorter-term very notable contribution)
  • Connie (Creator)
  • DKman00 (Singleplayer)
  • Endy (Creator)
  • HappyTreeX1 (Singleplayer)
  • M@s (Singleplayer)
  • Ralph (Creator)

* RandomityGuy: would normally put under Developers, but the magnitude of his contributions and helping the future of the game makes it really hard not to include in Highest Honors.

Call me Chris!

Discord: nockess
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/53
Last edit: 26 Jul 2024 21:51 by Nockess.

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 55
27 Jul 2024 05:50 #4
Other than the people I pointed out in my submission, there was one notable addition that I also suggested which would be good to make more light of; A suggestion simply for general community figureheads

There are some people who exclusively fall into this category (people like noby, Kurt, and... Jojo lol) but there are of course some people who, along with their game-related contributions, also provide a lot for the community itself, whether that be through actual community events like tournaments and such (I swear on my life I'm not just suggesting that for my own good) or just adding some light to the community. Here are some of my tentative ideas for this section, although I might make some changes in the future as I think of more things. Having something like this be a one-time submission isn't very good! I'll list the people and my reason(s) why
  • Matan/IsraeliRD (Basically the community leader, even if he's not around anymore. Always the king)
  • HiGuy (Kind of turned into the main figurehead around the PQ era until 2021, also the owner and creator of the current PQ Discord server)
  • NeoTheLynx (Owner and creator (i think) of the OpenMBU Discord server)
  • Human Gamer/Matt P (OpenMBU community leader)
  • thearst3rd (Marble Blast GDQ runner (+moderator and stuff but I feel like that's separate))
  • m2k(?) (MIU GDQ runner (might have to fact check this, also idk if anyone else cares about this anyway))
  • Frostfire (Many older events such as his mini-tourneys among other things. I don't know all of it, but I know he did a lot)
  • Jean (Summer Tourney host + other smaller tournaments)
  • MBOUltimate (Summer Tourney host)
  • ME ME ME MEMEME OMG MEEE!! :333 NARCISSISM YAAAY (Anniversary events, general event help)
  • Connie (General event help + important community member)
  • freeziez(?) (General event help(? idk what he's done before the 2024 summer tourney if anything tbh))
  • Catzs(?) (I know he hosted an event for MIU (the dynamite race) if that counts for anything, and if we care about MIU. Not sure what else he's done community-wise, but I do know he made the MIU Blender Kit which counts for development points. I didn't think about this when submitting my form (which, again, having a one-time thing for this is stupid))
  • Nockess (important community member)
  • hPerks (important community member)
  • Tsuf (important community member, so much community leading that he got lead poisoning)
  • noby (important community member)
  • Kurt (important community member)
  • JojoBeeb (important community member)
  • SummerArmy (important community member)
  • ...I feel like Luke Skywalker and TheSphere are kind of important community members too. So... Them I guess

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!

• Thank you received: 424
02 Aug 2024 16:28 #5
I submitted the form, but I found it lacking in several places. There seemed to be no way to say whether you want people to switch categories in the form, just who to add or remove entirely. So I'll do that here.

I prefer Nockess's method of sorting, and also his actual list. But first I'll comment on changes I'd make to the list in the first post.
  • Move daniel741852 from Notable Members to Notable Programmers & Developers, or maybe even Developers Emeritus
  • Move Jeff from Notable Members to Notable Programmers & Developers
  • Remove Voltage from Speedrunners (I don't understand why he is here)
  • Add August, Kasper, Charlix (?), Gittles, NF, and Doomblah to Speedrunners (all have significantly high current/historical WR counts, especially August and Kasper. I don't know how they were overlooked)
  • Move Dom from Speedrunners to his own TAS category
  • Move Xelna from Speedrunners to Notable Members
  • Move RandomityGuy from Notable Programmers & Developers to Notable Members
  • Move Pokko from Players Emeritus to Creators Emeritus
  • Cobalt is in both Speedrunners and Players Emeritus, so pick one.
Now here are the changes I'd make to Nockess's list. His list is more streamlined.
  • Move Dom from Singleplayer Players to TAS players
  • Add Keppy to Creators
  • Add Jeff to Developers
  • Add thearst3rd to Developers
  • Remove M@s from Unsorted/Lower Tier
  • Move Endy from Unsorted/Lower Tier to Creators
And finally, I like Yoshi's idea of including prominent community members who are just cool people and have contributed a lot via their presence. For this category, I'd nominate:
  • Yoshicraft224 (contributes a lot with events)
  • Kurt (Webchat and old forum legend, plus a great level builder)
  • J@ckrb (longtime forum user and community member, always has something good to say)
  • nobody (started the use of Discord for this community, and was one of its most active members)
I know I can't use 2016 Marble Blast as a hall of fame, so I'm not nominating Jojo or Lamp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: J@ckRB

• Thank you received: 4
05 Aug 2024 00:38 #6

• Move Dom from Singleplayer Players to TAS players
is it really worth adding a separate TAS category? I feel like there’s not enough people for it to be significant - I can only name one other notable person in this field and that’s Myrus, and him being in that category would also disregard most of his real-time single player skill.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.778 seconds