file MB Timeline Discussion & Feedback thread

• Thank you received: 18
19 Jul 2009 05:10 #181
Maybe they could be added in a different color, so they can be picked out from the rest.

Maybe color-coding the whole timeline would be a good idea..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
19 Jul 2009 05:35 #182
That too...

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Thank you received: 52
19 Jul 2009 05:43 #183
I agree.
The only thing is... there are many other levels to find the author who goes with... (did that make sense)?

And for the author, idk what to do exactly... Do we put the author that found the the most important part of the path or the author that brought the last tweak to the path + the original author...

Because for Eye of the Storm... I found the main path on 7th of August 2006, but tweaked it a bit months later...

• Thank you received: 0
19 Jul 2009 05:48 #184
Wow, awesome addition.
Well done!

19 Jul 2009 05:58 #185
So... if you remember a specific date when someone found a path for a specific level, don't be shy and post it here.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
19 Jul 2009 10:17 #186
LOL! Wow, great idea once again Pascal! Really great looking at those paths, and even though they get added, they have to be changed from time to time if new paths come out.
Also about the tweaks and main path, I think we also need to write the tweaks...? Like Daedalus has tweaks by you or Michael McFadden so we need to change that too, not to mention I have a tweak for Three-Fold Maze roughly on the same day as Escher's Race, actually a day later I believe, so that is: April 10th 2009.

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

20 Jul 2009 01:09 #187
I've made a spreadsheet with all the levels on the header columns and dates (in quarters) on the row columns.

I've color-coded all rows light yellow, which signifies the first path found for each level. A new path found at a certain date means that I write the author's name in the cell and change the color of all cells at and to the right of the date. For a new tweak, I do the same thing but use a darker version of the same color. Currently most cells are yellow or green since most of my source is Pascal's post above.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

20 Jul 2009 02:37 #188
well some of the authors I listed above are not the ones who found the first path for a specific level.

For example... Whirl (Oaky) on January 13th 2009...
If you want the very first path, you'll have to travel in the past... back to Sceptus or Matan in early 2006 or end 2005... which makes the whole thing a lot harder to do.

And some of the first path, such as Daedalus, was found early in 2004 (Febuary or March 2004) by Michael McFadden. So, we could use his Gold Time Guide to help us.

Gold Time Guide (posted online on August 4th 2004) : www.gamefaqs.com/computer/mac/file/922016/31456

Speed Demos Archive MBG Levels Table Section (with all the dates they have been recorded) : speeddemosarchive.com/MarbleBlastGold.html

GarageGames Forums Old WR Topic : www.garagegames.com/community/forums/viewthread/40373

Another GarageGames Forums WR Topic : www.garagegames.com/community/forums/vie...ead/45816/2#comments

Another GarageGames Forums WR Topic : www.garagegames.com/community/forums/viewthread/33918

And for Three-Fold maze path that was found by Sceptus, I made a mistake, it wasn't on October 30th 2005, but on August 30th 2005, if you want to fix it on your table.

20 Jul 2009 04:11 #189
Thanks for the links. I also looked at some of the older videos in Matan's YouTube channel to find some videos in 2006 with new paths.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
20 Jul 2009 04:41 #190
Whirl was first by Michael McFadden but I improved on it since until Oaky's route came, so just about every tweak was mine. The only other tweak that wasn't mine, but rather MBU's, was getting to the last 'pipe' there.

Three Fold Maze wasn't really by sceptus, but his friend.

Skyscraper I doubt you can say Michael McFadden as it was the normal route, but I found shitload of routes, up until the double trap which wasn't mine but Pascal's.

Money Tree was by me.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

23 Jul 2009 00:27 #191
Yeah, Michael McFadden found a lot of first paths...
And what's Sceptus friend's name? lol

Also, Matan found Money Tree path right before WR Rampage #1 release... somewhere near November 9th or 10th I think

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Jul 2009 01:31 #192
And pascal wanted to go to sleep in 5 minutes when I told it to him, and the next 4 hours he played it

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

23 Jul 2009 01:58 #193
lol it was like 7 a.m. here

• Thank you received: 15
09 Aug 2009 05:51 #194
A very VERY late update for July! I had forgotten all about this until just a few minutes ago. July was another fairly boring month event-wise, unfortunately.

In regards to the above: Xelna has a good idea in theory, but for many levels it may never be certain who came up with the WR path and when. Plus the fact that new paths are always being discovered, so the timeline would constantly have to be updated to reflect that. Perhaps a separate timeline or chart could be made for this?

And as for Pablo's idea to color-code the timeline, I think it's a cool idea that I may implement sometime in the future. Too lazy (and tired) to do it right now.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
18 Aug 2009 09:36 #195
Good idea Andrew, noone replied to this anyway, but also: Block Party WR path 14 August 2009 (Dushine) just for the record.

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

18 Aug 2009 19:01 #196
11 August 2009: Money Tree WR path (iMacmatician + Xelna)

I had a path using the wall/edge-hit back in June but it was different from the current path (the launcher part was the same as the launcher part in the existing WR path). I used the current path to get my 44.32 on August 5.

18 Aug 2009 19:57 #197
Wasn't Will o' Wisp by Penguin? Link:

As it clearly says Pathway by Fatal Penguin, recording by Matan, enjoy!

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
18 Aug 2009 23:31 #198
I tweaked Will o' Wisp for a very low time, but that's penguin's route.

01 Sep 2009 14:33 #199
August's events (and today's release of MBP 1.14) have been added to the timeline.

01 Sep 2009 15:04 #200
We need a Saluting smiley.

01 Sep 2009 22:05 #201
i cant believe how you keep track of all this... great job otherwise.

01 Sep 2009 23:33 #202
Thank you, once again, andrew.

02 Oct 2009 04:22 #203
September's events added.

02 Oct 2009 04:41 #204
thanks for the update what would we do without you?

02 Oct 2009 05:29 #205
Its kinda scaary...
Less and less interesting stuff keeps happening to the forums recently.
We need some exitement

Well, this month was pretty eventfull and sad...
MBP 1.14 woot
Alex swanson leaving... Aww.

Good job keeping up the list, andrew.

04 Oct 2009 07:31 #206
October 4th 2009 : Xelna ate 6 donuts under 10 minutes.

02 Nov 2009 05:57 #207
October's biggest events now added.
Quick question: what was the date of the end of the MBO tourney? Thanks in advance.

02 Nov 2009 23:13 #208
Nice job!

• Thank you received: 2
14 Nov 2009 02:17 #209
Do you think we could put in the date that we figured out there's actually a faster start method than the Extreme Fast Start or whatever we called it for starting levels like Time Trial? I can't remember if it was an actual moment/event, or if certain individuals knew of it before and it just became really public at one point. I think it's a pretty big discovery regardless of who/when, because we could actually improve times we thought could never be improved.

Only problem is I have no idea of any kind of date. Anyone remember?

14 Nov 2009 05:58 #210
so sad about Steven leaving.. o well

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.010 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.