file Questions [0 new]

• Rocket
  • Rocket's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
30 Oct 2012 05:29 #1
Hello!!

I just thought that since I made an account, this would be a good first post?

Anyways, here are the questions that I've complied since the beginning of me playing MBG that I couldn't find an answer to.

MBG:
1.How do I get to the GUI editor if f10 is bound to the console?
2.Is it possible to create a collidable marble?
3.Are all gold times in MBG possible without diagonal movement?
4.Is there a way to upgrade the OEM version of MBG?
5.How does one use <InteriorInstanceobject>.magicButton(); Is there actually a button?
6.How do I rotate a gravity modifier (through the LE) so that it is facing downwards?
7. How do I make a dts spin a different way?
--From Basic MB Coding Q&A:
--If you want to rotate a static shape, then you have to make a recursive schedule, and make updates to its rotation vector

MBP:
1.Does Platinum Team take donations?
2.Why are there easter eggs in race mode?
3.With the features in PQ, will there be a Mario inspired level? (…dumb question)
4.Will PQ have that menu in which players select mod to play?

5.My MBP 1.20 Statistics GUI says Apply at the bottom. Does that do anything besides closing the dialog box?
6.Will there be multiplayer implemented in MBP? —>
From Higuy's post:

Quote:
Incorporating kittens
More mac LB fixes
Stuff that works for me but crashes for everyone else
*********** (-->11 letters, multi player?)

MBU:
1.…
2.Is MBM pulled? I found a link to the iTunes store but it's not in the U.S. store? itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/...oftware?id=314781633

Mods:
1. I seem to have trouble running Project Ascent. What are the requirements?
2.Why is Project X going to be released/shown on Halloween(Oct 31)? It's not Marble Blast Ultra - The Revival like marbleblast.net says it is ? Are the two related related?? PQ's related to Project X?
3.How does one install a mod in MBG on a mac? (I tried installing MBA, but it gave me a blank screen.)
4.What is Marble Blast FX?

Constructor:
1.How does one make an invisible platform (without colmesh) in constructor?

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
30 Oct 2012 07:27 #2
I'll answer what I can. Since you're on Mac and I'm windows you should know there are a few version differences. I won't answer some since I'm not 100% on those.

MBG:
3) Probably is.
5) using the console, or in the level editor select the interior and press 'create Subs' but all it does is create any entities that the interior might have. These include moving platforms, gems etc. If the interior has none, it will not do anything.
6) Select the gravity mod and under 'rotation' put in 1 0 0 180.

MBP:
1) Not being taken, but thanks for your interest.
2) Race mode? what do you mean?
3) No. Also, PQ isn't MBP. It's a standalone mod that has nothing to do with MBP except that the people who made MBP also work on PQ.
4) No. Again, it's a standalone mod. There is an application called Marble Blast Portable (CLICK HERE) that you can use to download mods and launch them separately.
5) That's a bug that will be fixed.
6) No.

Regarding whatever is in that quote:
No kittens.
There will be completely re-written leaderboards for both Windows and Mac, so there will be LBs for Mac
Then don't complain if it works

MBU:
1) No, and that's illegal.
2) Marble Blast Mobile is supposed to be pulled, but if it's available in other countries except in the U.S then that's new for me.

Mods:
1) Project Acce...? what? Ascent you mean?
2) What is Project X that you are referring to? I have no idea what it is and where you got it from. Anything from marbleblast.net should not be taken seriously as Farhan (owner of that account) has been known to distribute keyloggers.
As said before, PQ is completely different to everything else.
3) Check the support board, this has been asked before.
4) Never heard of it.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 52
30 Oct 2012 08:35 #3
MBG

3) They're all possible with regular movements. That's if you change the 15.00 Gold Time on Ramps Reloaded to the ''correct'' 25.00 it was meant to be from the very beginning. If you keep 15.00 as the ''real'' Gold Time, then no, that one is not possible.

The creators of this game tested everything with normal movements, because back in 2002, I doubt anyone was aware that pressing 2 direction keys at the same time while aligning your camera at an angle could screw up the code and make your marble go faster...

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
30 Oct 2012 08:49 #4
MBG 4) PM me

• MatthieuParizeau
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
30 Oct 2012 20:27 #5
Oct 30, 2012, 12:27am, admin wrote:Anything from marbleblast.net should not be taken seriously as Farhan (owner of that account) has been known to distribute keyloggers.

Hm. Kaspersky PURE which I bought and use on my PC says that all the MB related games are key loggers... but ONLY MB games.

Whoever downloaded stuff from him might've been using Kaspersky.

Either that or MB games are actually key loggers

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
30 Oct 2012 23:53 #6
No, but an actual keylogger that isn't detected by anti virus programs. I detected it because I searched for actual keyloggers using different programs such as spybot S&D.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Rocket
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
31 Oct 2012 00:22 #7
MBG
3) Ok!
5) I do not see the Create Subs button? I clicked the World Editor Creator to get to the interiors.

MBP
2) In trailer #1 of PQ, there is an easter egg in the corner of the race map. No one pointed it out and I was wondering whether it would only unlock an achievement or had something new to it.
4)

Quote:
The new vision is to create a game menu where a player may choose either MBG, MBP, MBA or MBF. Once selected, the game loads appropriate mission files, user interface, sounds etc and the player can play the game. Also, players may also go between games, so they can play all 4 games in 1 package.

Mods
1)Edit:I seem to have trouble running Project Accent. What are the requirements?
2)

Quote:
So I put the brakes on MBF for the moment. IsraeliRD approached me last night and decided it was time to pour all of our resources into Project X and have it ready for a mid-October release. That means you folks will learn a lot more information about Project X in the next few days. It will probably start basic, but improve over time as the handful of developers we have working on it can play with the code.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
31 Oct 2012 00:26 #8
MBG
5) Ignore the right grey section and focus on the game screen on the left. If you press on an interiro, the green section fills with scale, position, rotation etc. On the upper right (so above those and to the right) you'll see a very small button. That's create subs.

MBP
2) like MBP duh
4) that's very old info, if you read later announcements you'd realise that

Mods
2) Not happening anytime soon, I can't talk about it and it has nothing to do with any MB mods.

• Rocket
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
31 Oct 2012 00:32 #9
hmm. I don't seem to see where

Quote: scale, position, rotation... On the upper right (so above those and to the right) you'll see a very small button.
are.

• Rocket
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
21 Apr 2013 23:23 #10
Bump

- I seem to have trouble running Project Accent. What are the requirements?
- How does one make an invisible interior in constructor?
- I still can't get <InteriorInstanceobject>.magicButton(); working…

• Thank you received: 10
22 Apr 2013 07:16 #11
You cannot make an invisible interior in Constructor.

I assume you mean Project Ascent, not Accent. Project Ascent was Windows only. Unless you have bootcamp you are out of luck. Unless it will work with WINE, which is certainly a possibility. You aren't missing much, it was abandoned at a fairly early stage.

• Thank you received: 14
22 Apr 2013 23:13 #12
Oct 29, 2012, 10:29pm, samw wrote:3.Are all gold times in MBG possible without diagonal movement?I'm pretty sure but just to check I'll try them with the no diagonal movement code next week.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Rocket
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
23 Apr 2013 01:02 #13
For Project Ascent, I tried to run it in Vista it didn't work. I don't know if I need some plugin/directx or something like that to run it.

For the invisible interior, I think it was either a MBEmerald or MBElite level that had an invisible platform without using colmesh.dts . Also, I believe in some thread (can't find it) someone mentioned that this is possible in constructor without using colmesh.

For Create Subs I finally figured that I had to go to world editor inspector in order to get the button, which is also where the scale, position, rotation values are. wow >_<

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
23 Apr 2013 01:34 #14
- You need to make sure your PhysX drivers are up to date for Project Ascent.

- Invisible interior without colmesh, yes i did it in mbopal a loooong time ago. it took hours to do, not worth trying to explain it (I forget how to do it anyways haha). Possible, but not worth the effort for sure. Don.Gato you sir are wrong :3

- well at least you know now
you can always edit that in script too by doing objectID.rotation = num num num num; in the console followed by saving the mission file.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 10
23 Apr 2013 02:46 #15
Apr 22, 2013, 6:34pm, jeff wrote:

- Invisible interior without colmesh, yes i did it in mbopal a loooong time ago. it took hours to do, not worth trying to explain it (I forget how to do it anyways haha). Possible, but not worth the effort for sure. Don.Gato you sir are wrong :3

Did you somehow figure out how to make an invisible brush, or just do it as an entity?

I'm not surprised that it is after-all possible, though I hadn't thought anyone had actually done it.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Apr 2013 03:04 #16
if you make all 6 brushes as NULL surfaces in Cstr won't you get an invisible interior?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
23 Apr 2013 03:23 #17
I used the foo texture i think its called, the pink null one, did that, but made full brushes matan, and then copy/pasted that into a new map and did magic and went into DIFFIX and fixed it and all of this otehr crap and it somehow worked. If i can find the instructions on how to do it (looks at higuy since he told me how to do it) then maybe it can be posted? Its probably somewhere in the marble blast emerald staff boards (higuy did it in mbe) ...i'll look later.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

23 Apr 2013 08:42 #18
Oct 30, 2012, 4:53pm, admin wrote:No, but an actual keylogger that isn't detected by anti virus programs. I detected it because I searched for actual keyloggers using different programs such as spybot S&D.

I thought Farhan was a good guy?

• Thank you received: 368
23 Apr 2013 15:12 #19
Project X may be referring to something I mentioned several times in various forum posts or blog posts on DedalusTech, unrelated to the other source of information. More details on what I have been donning 'Project X' will become available sometime this weekend.

~Aayrl

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Apr 2013 16:50 #20
Apr 23, 2013, 1:42am, sporlo wrote:
Oct 30, 2012, 4:53pm, admin wrote:No, but an actual keylogger that isn't detected by anti virus programs. I detected it because I searched for actual keyloggers using different programs such as spybot S&D.

I thought Farhan was a good guy?

ahjahahahahahahahaha nope he is pretty bad. keylogger such as the one he gave me, as well as him pretty much into some bad cults

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
23 Apr 2013 18:39 #21
Conspiracy nut is one thing, bad cults is another entirely

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Apr 2013 18:47 #22
yeah the former, i just couldn't remember the world illuminati beforehand

• Rocket
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
29 Oct 2013 04:32 #23
Bump, because question

After finally deciding to use ball-superball.dts for an easter egg and making the texture for it, I noticed that it is spinning in a direction I did not want.

#2 should say dts spins wrong way

How do I make the dts spin in a different direction (if possible)?

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
29 Oct 2013 05:19 #24
The doubler powerup from MBPowerup up rotates up to down not left to right,must the creator of the mod made a new model in blender and added animation up to down.

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• Rocket
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
29 Oct 2013 05:36 #25
cl.ly/image/3D0R1W2e2v17/1.gif

Left: Normal ball-superball.dts .
Right: Rotated 90º, but not spinning the way I intended.

edit: Screwed up the gif, you might need to refresh to see it.

• Thank you received: 17
29 Oct 2013 14:46 #26
Oh, well simply rotate the texture image. I believe you can do this in Paint. If not, use GIMP. If you use a Mac, you can use Preview.

Edit: Are you sure that the left is normal? It's spinning like a powerup while the right is spinning like a marble.

• Rocket
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
29 Oct 2013 20:40 #27
AFAIK Preview only edits the metadata of the image, it doesn't actually rotate it. You would need another program or tool to do that, if you are on a Mac.

• Rocket
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
30 Oct 2013 00:08 #28
I tried rotating the image before and it didn't work:

Also, this is not a marble! I'm trying to use ball-superball.dts for an easter egg, but I am trying to get it so that the rainbow stripe is horizontal. In the gif, the left is the dts as is, and the right is after I rotated the dts 90º so that the rainbow stripe is horizontal. Turns out doing that makes it not spin the intended way. So, I don't know if there is a way to make it spin and look like MBO's easter egg.

• Thank you received: 17
30 Oct 2013 00:56 #29
On the GIF file, which one is spinning as you want it to spin? I would like to know because nowhere was it specified. You can get help from us if you specify and upload the picture somewhere.

Also, Pro Marbler: I've rotated and saved files that way and they work fine. I tried it with the normal easter egg in MBP, and it works fine.

• Rocket
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
30 Oct 2013 01:54 #30
Ok, let me summarize:

What I want to do: have a functional easter egg in MBG.
Solution: Use MBDK's easter egg code and ball-superball.dts as the shape.

Problem: Texture on the egg is not like what I intended: it should look like MBO's. See the left side of this gif: cl.ly/image/3D0R1W2e2v17/1.gif

Attempted Solutions:
-Rotate the egg 90º. Ends up looking like the one on the right side of the gif.
-Rotate the egg texture.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.099 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.