file Tips for becoming a better blaster

• Lambencee(Aaron_Y)
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 23
02 Oct 2010 18:42 #31
That sound cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SonicW1
  • SonicW1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
02 Oct 2010 20:16 #32
I could help out with the MBG guide definitely.

• Thank you received: 91
02 Oct 2010 21:01 #33
Yes to both. I guess Xelna will have to write the whole thing.

And also an updated EE guide!

• Thank you received: 64
02 Oct 2010 21:29 #34
That would be really cool!

• Thank you received: 14
03 Oct 2010 02:48 #35
I can also help with the MBG guide (and parts of MBP…maybe).

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
03 Oct 2010 09:14 #36
And I'll be the little player who just sits there and watches everything happening around him...

I would like both too, and I have some simplified PT/UT paths in MBP, so I can hopefully give help, maybe even videos if needed... Dunno about Gold though, haven't been on it as of lately...

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
03 Oct 2010 12:52 #37
Tons more tips for this topic.

Powerups Tips:

Super Speed - To give you an immediate boost of speed.
Usages/techniques:
- to make your marble go faster.
- used backwards to reduce speed.
- used after hitting a slope to get higher.*

Notes: The way you go after using a super speed depends on your camera. You must rotate your camera correctly to where you want to go before activating it. Otherwise, you may run off the floor. Another thing that may affect the super speed is the last floor you've hit. If you activate the super speed after you hit a slope, you will still get boost of speed but also going upwards. The height depends on the gradient of the slope.

Super Jump - To give you a boost of jump.
Usages/techniques:
-To reach a high platform that can't be reached with a normal jump.
-To save the marble from going out of bounds and return to the floor.
-To reduce the rebound from a huge fall.*

Notes: The height gained after activating the super jump depends on the marble, whether it's still, fallling or going upwards. Always remember that jump + super jump can give your marble additional height.

Shock Absorber - To absorb the rebound after a big fall.
Usages/techniques:
- To stop the marble from rebounding off the floor after falling.
- To climb up a wall with the shock absorber being active.*

Super Bounce - To make your marble rebound higher.
Usages/techniques:
- To bounce to a far/high floor.

Gyrocopter - To make your marble flies.
Usages/techniques:
- To fly to a distant island.
- To reach higher platforms.
- To slow down from a fall.

Notes: The gyrocopter is the most powerful powerup, it can also be used with all the other powerups to give you advantages in completing a level. However, since the gyrocopter is very effective, you must watch your momentum when using the gyrocopter, otherwise you may gain additional height/speed that can be fatal.

* indicates a more advanced usage of a powerup.

Hazards Tips:

Fans

Hazardous side:
Fans give off strong winds that can blow your marble off the ground from the sides. To make your marble go through the section successfully, went as fast as you can and avoid jumping. You should be able to pass a section with fans easily.

Advantageous side:
If a fan is placed facing up, you can jump on top of it to gain additional height. When you want to gain height with a fan, always jump on top the fan just before reaching it and make yourself at the center of the fan to give you the maximum height.

Tornadoes

Hazardous side:
Tornadoes can suck your marble and make it being out of control. This can easily throw you out of bounds. You must go as far as you can if you want to avoid a tornado, in order to have the least effect of it.

Advantageous side:
Sometimes a tornado can give you height. Always swings your marble from the bottom of a tornado to gain height.

Trapdoors

A trapdoor is usually hazardous, which will fall open and your marble will fall off if you don't leave it immediately. You need to have good jumping skills so you can jump on the trapdoors once and continue the level.

Bumpers and mines

Hazardous side:
They are usually placed in the middle of the road in order to block your way and throw you off the ground. Jump over them to continue. Rolling past can also be useful but it's a lot more risky.

Advantageous side:
Jumping on top of a bumper/mine can give you height. Carefully aim your marble exactly on top of it in order to gain height. Sometimes hitting the side of a bumper/mine can also help you to get faster times.

I may edit the post for more tips, but this is good enough for now.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• SonicW1
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
03 Oct 2010 18:59 #38
Update my guide tons! Hope you enjoy it!

• Thank you received: 91
03 Oct 2010 20:29 #39
Oct 3, 2010, 5:52am, imperialcuirassier wrote:T
Fans

Hazardous side:
Fans give off strong winds that can blow your marble off the ground from the sides. To make your marble go through the section successfully, went as fast as you can and avoid jumping.

Or sneak under the fans

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
04 Oct 2010 07:42 #40
Quote:Trapdoors

A trapdoor is usually hazardous, which will fall open and your marble will fall off if you don't leave it immediately. You need to have good jumping skills so you can jump on the trapdoors once and continue the level.

Advantageous Side: Can be used as a edge hitter using the corner of the trapdoor. (KotM and Trapdoor Madness path etc.)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

04 Oct 2010 10:38 #41
That's essentially the same as saying that a platform is advantageous because you can edge-hit off it Nanu, or saying that a Caution Sign is an advantage because you can wall-hit off the yellow section; it's a very general advantage. There are no purposeful advantages with the trapdoor.

• Thank you received: 14
04 Oct 2010 16:16 #42
Sept 18, 2010, 6:09pm, sonicthe1990 wrote:-Traplaunch - Trap the marble between two moving objects (or one moving platform and one stationary platform) and watch your marble fly to the goal, assuming you did it right. It cuts off a lot of the stage and a well placed traplaunch gets you to the goal in speed. It's a very hard method for players, as some of the levels that we use it on are very hard to do, while on others it's easier (still hard to get a perfect one). This occurs in Survival of the Fittest, Natural Selection, Battlements, Tower Maze, Skyscraper, Great Divide and Great Divide Revisited. It might be possible on Platform Party but since nobody has ever reached the goal, we can't confirm this. This needs to be changed…

More stuff on traplaunches:

Types of traplaunches

Regular traplaunch (vertical platform movement): The marble is squeezed between two platforms moving vertically, sending you horizontally. To traplaunch, the marble needs to be moved to the desired position and can be left there until the trap. If there aren't any other factors that increase difficulty, this type of trap is generally the easiest. Examples: Great Divide, Skyscraper, Great Divide Revisited, Tower Maze, Battlements

Regular traplaunch (horizontal platform movement): The marble is squeezed between two platforms moving horizontally, sending you vertically (or at an angle). To traplaunch, the marble needs to be moved forward right before the trap so that it gets squeezed between the platforms. If there aren't any other factors that increase difficulty, this type of trap is harder than the vertical platform movement trap. Examples: Platform Party, Natural Selection

Corner traplaunch: The marble is squeezed between a corner (or two). If there aren't any other factors that increase difficulty, this type of trap is the hardest because you have to adjust the marble's position/movement in 2 dimensions, not 1. Example: Survival of the Fittest

Traplaunch techniques

Position of the marble: Generally, the more of the marble is over the edge (up to half), the faster the marble moves out of the traplaunch. Thus, many traplaunches have the marble very close to half over the edge. However, on some levels (like Skyscraper), a lower fraction of marble over the edge is useful.
If exactly half of the marble goes over the edge, the marble may get stuck in the trap and may not exit out of the trap without further marble action (see below).
If more than half the marble goes over the edge (usually done by mistake), and if the marble gets trapped, it usually moves in the opposite direction to where it would have gone if less than half the marble went over the edge.

Spin: As the marble is trapped (usually a moment before), press some keys to activate spin on the marble. In horizonal platform movement traps and corner traps, you place spin on the marble by moving it into the trap.
If you move the marble further into the trap when the marble is trapped, the marble tends to move upwards if the traplaunch normally sends marbles horizontally (or at an angle). Examples: Skyscraper, Natural Selection (note that upwards isn't necessarily upwards. In Survival of the Fittest, upwards is straight towards the goal and horizontally is to the left of the goal The faster the platforms move together, the easier it is to do this type of traplaunch.
Note: If you reflexively let go of the keys right after you press them, make sure you wait until you see the marble leave the trap before letting go of the keys.

Jump: Jumping in the trap makes some traps easier (such as Natural Selection). If the marble gets stuck in a trap, jumping can free the marble (usually sending it flying very quickly).

Getting stuck in a trap: Happens by moving between two platforms in a way such that the marble is not immediately squeezed out. Can happen by moving exactly half the marble over the edge. If the marble is stopping the platforms from continuing in their way, then traplaunching out from the platforms (if possible) after a period of time will result in a very very fast traplaunch.

I need to edit this sometime…

Sept 18, 2010, 6:09pm, sonicthe1990 wrote:-Edge Hits - Hit the edge of a platform in a correct place to either hit yourself up or get somewhere else. In the old WR path for Pathways it's used to get to the gravity modifier faster. About medium difficulty, but on some levels it's just too easy. Added a note here too.

Sept 18, 2010, 6:09pm, sonicthe1990 wrote:-Wall Hits - Hit a wall in front of you to gain height on the rebound. Also:

How close you jump before the wall-hit affects how the marble goes after the wall-hit.

Jump close to the wall (regular wall-hit) and you get a higher wall-hit. The closer you get to the wall the higher you go after the wall-hit.

Jump far from the wall (so the marble starts moving downwards before it hits the wall) and you get a low wall-hit, usually lower than the marble's height before the wall-hit. This technique is useful if you need to bounce off a wall and go back the way you came while keeping your speed.

Don't jump before the wall to get a relatively low wall-hit (compared to regular wall-hit).

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Thank you received: 18
04 Oct 2010 16:25 #43
Great hints!

• SonicW1
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
04 Oct 2010 22:11 #44
Alright iMac, thanks! I'll add this over the weekend.

• Thank you received: 96
05 Oct 2010 02:01 #45
Could anyone post hints regarding frictions?

05 Oct 2010 08:23 #46
I'm sure Sonic/Imperial or some one will give a more in-depth answer, but here's my advice.

Learn to understand the spin of the marble and frictions will become a sinch.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
05 Oct 2010 12:12 #47
Oct 5, 2010, 1:23am, oakster wrote:sinch

Sinch is an American alternative rock band.
See more at Wikipedia.org...

Sinch

(v. t.)
To gird with a sinch; to tighten the sinch or girth of (a saddle); as, to sinch up a sadle.

(n.)
A saddle girth made of leather, canvas, woven horsehair, or woven grass.

APPARENTLY Oaky likes an American alternative rock band that has saddle girths made of leathers (or they just post on canvas).

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

05 Oct 2010 13:18 #48
Fuck you, cinch

• Thank you received: 52
05 Oct 2010 18:28 #49
Oct 5, 2010, 6:18am, oakster wrote:Fuck you, cinch

Give yourself a 5% warning for insulting Matan

• Thank you received: 18
05 Oct 2010 21:03 #50
Matan asked for it.

• xnanux1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Oct 2010 23:10 #51
Spelling Fail FTW
Nanu likey...

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.077 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.