file What Do You Do Outside Of Marble Blast?

• MBKid
  • MBKid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
23 Apr 2014 14:50 #1
Hey, this seems like it would be a cool topic so yeah here we go. The stuff I do outside of mb is soccer, school (of course), surprisingly I do a bit of Javascript and hang out with my friends :). Now your turn.

I played marble blast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
23 Apr 2014 14:59 #2
Cool topic. I write, sing, and record songs. I get inspiration from bands like XTC, The Shins, They Might Be Giants, and maybe a tiny touch of Snarky Puppy.

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Battlecube314
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • 100% Gold/Ultimate/Awesome!!
  • Thank you received: 155
23 Apr 2014 16:55 #3
I participate in the AMC 10/12, AIME (invitational level), and USAJMO (national level) high school mathematics contests.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
23 Apr 2014 19:50 #4
My life is boring. I do school work and program in over 8 languages. I also hang out with friends and I'm on online a lot. I srsly have no life. This summer I'll have a 40 hour/week job at my school district's IT department. So less MB this summer for me guys D:

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
23 Apr 2014 21:31 - 25 Apr 2014 13:17 #5
What do I do outside of marble blast? Well ah

What is this 'outside of marble blast' you speak of?
Last edit: 25 Apr 2014 13:17 by Frostfire. Reason: Typo (skills)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Thank you received: 16
24 Apr 2014 12:51 #6
I wear nice shoes, play oboe, and fold origami (I will be at the OrigamiUSA convention in New York City. I'm going to be teaching). Oh, I also can cook pretty well :) Right now, I'm working on a recipe for chocolate walnut spread... (which is good because I'm only 14)

Lol Frostfire!

MasterOfTheBattlecube, Good for you!

Buzzmusic: I can write music, but I'm not very good because I've never actually learned how :P Do you learn in school? Music theory's a high school class here :(

i have a flickr

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
24 Apr 2014 12:59 - 24 Apr 2014 13:01 #7

Buzzmusic: I can write music, but I'm not very good because I've never actually learned how :P Do you learn in school? Music theory's a high school class here :(

I've been taking piano and voice lessons, but not necessarily songwriting lessons. I'll be taking a lot more music classes in high school though.

I will be at the OrigamiUSA convention in New York City. I'm going to be teaching

Nice! :D

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.
Last edit: 24 Apr 2014 13:01 by Buzzmusic.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
24 Apr 2014 13:24 #8
I make a game called Déjà Vu (link:http://www.sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/226372-deja-vu), [insert stuff that a school student does]

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
24 Apr 2014 14:53 - 24 Apr 2014 14:55 #9
I program things in Objective-C, play Altitude (fun plane game), TagPro (super fun CTF game), and I do $generic_student_things. Also sleep ok that last one might be untrue

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 24 Apr 2014 14:55 by HiGuy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Thank you received: 25
24 Apr 2014 20:52 #10

This is the main reason why I haven't been very active. I'm writing an orchestra piece for the high school concert, taking a college music theory course, and am getting ready to prepare a demo submission for a record label.

• Thank you received: 20
26 Apr 2014 00:13 #11
I used to take taekwondo, and I've also dabbled in drama and fencing at certain points. I'm also learning how to play piano. When I get to college, I plan on picking up skiing and snowmobiling when I get to college.

At the moment though, I don't do much besides sleep, sift through schoolwork, and play marble blast.

• Thank you received: 198
27 Apr 2014 12:44 #12
Well, I love to play bowling. My highest records is like 120-130. I also go to tution at Mondays and Tuesdays.

lee is awesome

• StewMan46
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
27 Apr 2014 13:23 - 03 Apr 2015 22:49 #13
I program things, play Minecraft, Grand Prix 3/Grand Prix 4, Super Monkey Ball, Mercury Meltdown, Athletics, web development, watching TV, Football, Badminton.
Last edit: 03 Apr 2015 22:49 by StewMan46.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
27 Apr 2014 14:25 #14

RC wrote:

This is the main reason why I haven't been very active. I'm writing an orchestra piece for the high school concert, taking a college music theory course, and am getting ready to prepare a demo submission for a record label.

Some nice stuff you have here. I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of a label, and remember that no matter what happens, never give up! You have my support, mostly because this is the kind of ambition and dedication that I want to see in everyone. If you stick with music, especially at such a young age, you have the potential for a very bright and successful future. Keep at it, and never be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone!

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
29 Apr 2014 00:23 - 29 Apr 2014 00:24 #15
Guys, this is kind of a big announcement, my soccer team just won the Washington Cup (in USA) and the soccer season is over and I will have much more time to play mb!

I played marble blast
Last edit: 29 Apr 2014 00:24 by MBKid. Reason: FOR SOCCER

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
29 Apr 2014 01:14 #16
Wonderful! :D

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
  • Thank you received: 96
31 Mar 2015 10:04 #17
I play Roblox and CS:GO.I also program things and participating on Competitions involving robotics. When bored, I always write poems.
P.S Why in the world anyone here in the MB Community does not make Electro(Genre) music?
Regards to music, I also make Electronic, Dubstep, Progressive House and DnB music. And my music sucks :(
@MOTB What the heck? You so good at math! ;)

"tl;dr joj" - legenda 2016

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
31 Mar 2015 16:34 #18
Nice topic :)
I sing in a choir which is currently working on the play A Midsummer Night's Dream, I like to compose music just like Buzz, but I compose a different style of music. Classical music. I also play cello and piano, and my favorite school subject is math. I am currently learning Algebra II. Also, I don't play any sports regularly :( But i like to hike a lot and I play tennis or baseball sometimes on the weekends. OMG CONGRATS MBK!!!! I'm not that good at soccer :P Also, nice that you're writing an orchestra piece RC :D unfortunately I have an orchestra piece but not a lot of time to work on it :( MOTB: I took the AMC 8 awhile ago. Also, nice that u do dubstep legenda :) Other school subjects subjects are Marine Biology, History, Spanish, P. E., English, and Physics.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
31 Mar 2015 17:17 #19
In terms of other gaming, I usually play Indie (e.g. Rogue Legacy, Faster Than Light) and older games, usually strategy (e.g. Civ4, Master of Orion, Final Fantasy 1/5, Dungeon Keeper).
IRL, I play drums (after a brief stint in playing keyboard) and recently passed my grade 4 exam with a high merit.
Drums have definitely made me have an idea of composing music, even if just a drum chart, but making decent music is much harder than just wailing on the drums pretending I'm some kind of legendary drummer :P
I play football/soccer in school, but also play squash and occasionally go bowling. (although this has happened much less with school and me being as lazy as ever :P)
I've played chess on and off for a while as well.

School stuff?
Took A-Levels (next two years are pretty big for me in regards to university and stuff), subjects are Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics (a.k.a hell :P)
Favourite subject is maths, however never underestimate the power of exams to suck all your enjoyment of a subject :P

However, at the moment, currently sifting through schoolwork, preparing for exams (I have one on my birthday -______-) and marble blasting when I can.
Can't wait for summer holidays...

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
31 Mar 2015 21:26 #20
Outside of Marble Blast..?

Stop scaring me. :(

• Kalle29
  • I blame ping for losing
  • Thank you received: 754
31 Mar 2015 22:01 - 31 Mar 2015 22:02 #21
Other games, talk to friends, eat, [strike]workout[/strike] etc

>school
lol

༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽ You have been visited by the Nivea™ Donger of moisture. Soft skin and good fortune will come to you, but only if you post "thank you Mr. Skeltal" in this thread ༼ ͡◕ ͜ ʖ ͡◕༽
Last edit: 31 Mar 2015 22:02 by Kalle29. Reason: I shouldn't lie, I haven't worked out for years >.>

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
31 Mar 2015 22:29 #22
@ Jackrb so do I because I'm kinda an expert of algebra so eyyyy lmao

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
31 Mar 2015 22:45 #23
@Eguy, I know that play, the 5th grade class performed it last year at our school. Every year the 5th graders perform any play by William Shakespeare, but this year we're doing two plays: Hamlet and Twelfth Night. I didn't get a part in it because sadly i'll have to miss it because of soccer. :(

I played marble blast

• Eguy
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Booper Supreme
  • Thank you received: 208
01 Apr 2015 02:10 #24
Aw :/ Were you in Midsummer Nights dream? If so what part did you get :D

Also I did twelfth night 2 years ago, that was really fun :) Twelfth night, however, was modified text and midsummer nights dream is original text but shortened since the choir doesn't go higher than 8th grade.

"it's the internet eguy. where children are men. men are monkeys, and women are PQ."
-Jeff 2014

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
01 Apr 2015 07:03 #25
@MBK The only Shakespeare play that I know is Romeo and Juliet. :(

• J@ckRB
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • *some self-degrading humour*
  • Thank you received: 164
01 Apr 2015 15:43 #26
I did a bit of drama as well in school, however for my actual qualification our class had self-written the play, and despite over half of it being undocumented, we practiced it enough that it worked out really well. (It was called Teen Team GB - which is hilarious as I am the least athletic person I know)
On the subject, it used many ideas to explore for main/sub-stories (ranging from sport itself and cheating with drugs, as well as other things further afield).
Fun thing was I was 'bullied' in the play and even 'drugged' and I had to fake collapse so RIP Lungs.

Also, I think real life should realise MB is clearly more important. :P

"funny quote" - funny person 2016 part 2 electric boogaloo

• Thank you received: 405
03 Apr 2015 19:36 #27
I like Pottermore. I play classical piano and I also like nature shows by David Attenborough.

• Thank you received: 405
03 Apr 2015 19:40 #28
Also I memorize π but I haven't gotten very far in the last six months—I only tacked on two more digits for a total of 102. I love Harry Potter and Star Wars and The Princess Bride.

• Thank you received: 52
09 Apr 2015 08:57 #29
alttp

• lxgenda
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Platinum Pioneer
09 Apr 2015 12:31 #30
@xelna what the heck

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.060 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.