file Youtube Comments System

• StewMan46
  • StewMan46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
27 May 2014 16:30 #1
Does anyone know how to comment with your Youtube channel instead of your Google+ account?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
27 May 2014 16:40 #2
Yeah, it's not too difficult. You just have to link your Youtube/G+ accounts and create a Google+ Page for your account. For example, my YouTube account is connected to my G+ page , which is different from my personal profile (no you're not getting a link).

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• StewMan46
  • StewMan46's Avatar Topic Author
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 46
27 May 2014 16:44 #3
Yeah, ok. I was kinda meaning without a G+ account

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
27 May 2014 22:33 #4
As far as I know, the only way to do it now is via a G+ account.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Thank you received: 368
28 May 2014 03:18 #5
Youtube - I mean, Google, has decided all of their online services must be linked to a single account (you know, to make it easier for all of their benevolent users to access all of their datas). They had this silly project called Google+ that's been lingering around like the Blue Emac at your public library in the pool of the fancy high-tech social media websites. By forcing all of their other websites to require the Google+ account, they can now tell investors "Hey, people are using Google+! Look at all of the comments they are posting to YouTube videos and these Twitch streams! Isn't that glorious!"

My point is you will need a Google+ account (either link an existing one or create one, it takes a mere three seconds to do so) to get unrestricted access to your YouTube, Twitch, and other associated Google* accounts. You may also want to modify your privacy settings and sharing settings on your various website accounts, because (correct me if I am wrong) YouTube comments will be automatically posted to your Google+ "Wall", along with any other things you decide to post on a Google* website.

~Aayrl

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.