file Paperboy's Marble Blast HD!

• Thank you received: 198
28 Feb 2016 09:16 #61
WOW!

I really like the black lines outlining the interiors (So that's Cel-Shading?)
Nice!

And congratulations on being a developer for the PQ team! I'm really proud! :D

lee is awesome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
10 Mar 2016 02:38 #62
The cel shading looks very nice (it adds to the cartoon ambiance of the game), but if you plan on releasing this, a toggle ability would be nice. (Personally) I think the game looks better sans the cel shading. But the fact that you developed cel-shading for MBG is outstanding.

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
10 Mar 2016 08:40 #63
Cel shading for MBG? That's admirable. And, like everybody here, I'm glad you've been taken for the development of PQ, it'll be enormous with your graphical skills!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• whirligig
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 261
10 Mar 2016 22:10 #64
Technically I don't think this can be called cel-shaded. Cel shading refers to a type of shading, i.e. the way the lighting affects the color. You can see on the marble that the game is still smoothly shaded as in the original.

11 Mar 2016 23:42 #65

whirligig wrote: Technically I don't think this can be called cel-shaded. Cel shading refers to a type of shading, i.e. the way the lighting affects the color. You can see on the marble that the game is still smoothly shaded as in the original.

From my understanding it's an "aesthetic" cel-shading. I highly doubt that an actual cel-shading process is being executed, but it's still impressive nonetheless.

• Paperboy
  • Paperboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • Really, really bad at everythi
  • Thank you received: 19
21 Mar 2016 07:47 #66

whirligig wrote: Technically I don't think this can be called cel-shaded. Cel shading refers to a type of shading, i.e. the way the lighting affects the color. You can see on the marble that the game is still smoothly shaded as in the original.

Well, you have me there. I thought outlines would be fun anyway. They're not staying around, I just wanted to see how it looked. :P

• classicordeal
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • lol hi
  • Thank you received: 1
25 Mar 2016 01:36 #67
I have an idea for the mod (if it's possible)! When you turn the camera in Marble Blast, the skybox turns, but it doesn't show depth. Like, when you're falling, the ground doesn't get any closer to you. If anyone could figure out how to make the sky slightly zoom in or out depending on the movement of the marble, that would look amazing! Just an idea, though. Idk if this would be possible. Anyway, this looks better than anything I've seen in my entire life. This makes the Xbox One or PS4's graphics look bad, and I'm not joking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Enigma

10 Apr 2016 01:56 #68

classicordeal wrote: I have an idea for the mod (if it's possible)! When you turn the camera in Marble Blast, the skybox turns, but it doesn't show depth. Like, when you're falling, the ground doesn't get any closer to you. If anyone could figure out how to make the sky slightly zoom in or out depending on the movement of the marble, that would look amazing! Just an idea, though. Idk if this would be possible. Anyway, this looks better than anything I've seen in my entire life. This makes the Xbox One or PS4's graphics look bad, and I'm not joking.

That would certainly be interesting. It can definitely be pulled off, MBP has something similar for the MBU levels.

• EdFanTheSuperMegaKid
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Spongetool Edition
  • Thank you received: 0
09 Aug 2021 13:38 #69
Aw hekk naww I knew that Marble Blast Gold would have RTX enabled without its Xbox Shaders
Overall, great job! Looks more beautiful than the MBG Xbox Shaders (those are good too, though)

A stupidly noobish Marble Blast player who despises Castle Colossus and wants to make a Fusion DLC for OpenMBU
I wanna be a Master Marbler but I suck at MB

10 Aug 2021 03:03 - 10 Aug 2021 06:39 #70
As far as I can tell, this was a complete remake of the game, more than likely being done in another game engine. In any case, this is unfortunately never going to be released. Paperboy joined the PQ development team five years ago, but something happened between him and the rest of the dev team. He hasn't been seen since.

Pretty game though, isn't it?
Last edit: 10 Aug 2021 06:39 by Enigma. Reason: removed some allegations

• vainlygreen
  • Novice Marbler
  • Novice Marbler
  • I've Been Playing Marble Blast
  • Thank you received: 2
09 Apr 2023 21:22 #71
damn i wish this would get released someday :(

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.046 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.