This board contains threads from which new levels can be downloaded.

Each level creator is to have one thread where he posts all information pertaining to his levels.

Any other or extra threads will be deleted.

file Pascal's Levels Room

• Thank you received: 0
28 Aug 2013 01:04 #121
Deadly Course is certainly that. It took me forever just to understand how to navigate the green platforms, and then I wasn't able to figure out how pass the tornado ceiling thing. (I did find the extremely well hidden last gem...) Is there an intended direction to take the circuit, or is that meant to be ambiguous?

I was surprised by Trailer! I was pretty easily able to get 27.82 to beat the gold time, and usually I can't even touch your gold times. Where are you supposed to go after the first gyro?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Aug 2013 10:40 #122
Fun cage reminds me of how much fun it can be to alter moving platform's routes. And a very fun level.

• Xelna
  • Xelna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 52
28 Aug 2013 20:46 #123
Deadly Course you are supposed to navigate both set of green platforms, then up the tornado ceiling, and around. And yes, Trailer is kinda easy and meant to have all kind of shortcuts. You are supposed to go where ever after the 1st gyro. Go where ever you want

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
29 Aug 2013 17:09 #124
Aside from the lag which I know you said would be fixed eventually, Fun Cage was okay to play (lengthy, but okay), but visual wise I really don't like how some of the platforms and powerups were stretched out to such an extreme extent; it's not very appealing to look at and to me it's a big step back in level design.

• Xelna
  • Xelna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Thank you received: 52
29 Aug 2013 17:50 #125
As long as the level is fun to play and the gameplay is stimulating, who cares if it's appealing or not to the eye. Who came along and decided that? Besides, what do you mean by stretched PowerUp? The only PowerUps I stretched were the Gravity Modifiers that you use when getting launched to opposite sides with the moving platforms. It makes it easier for you to hit them and not screw your runs.

But after all, it is your opinion and I respect it. Thanks for the comment!

• ChaosUnown
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • MB Graphic/Interior Designer
  • Thank you received: 5
29 Aug 2013 19:55 #126
True, the gameplay is the most important factor, but if it doesn't look good then that will likely repel potential players even so. There should be a fine balance between it playing good and looking good, and that's what I try to look for in a level. The gameplay was okay, but the look was below average so I wasn't impressed overall, I'm sorry to say. But still, thank you for respecting my opinion.

30 Aug 2013 06:30 #127
The level looks fun. I do not think the level looks visually unappealing. It isn't a perfectly aligned interior, but it doesn't have to be. The level is fun.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
01 Sep 2013 05:56 #128
Fun Cage is definitely up there with Eliminatives Over the Rainbow and many of Xelna's awesome levels. The layout looks very similar to a battlecube level as intended, but the feel of playing it is totally different. I encountered some MP challenges that I have never experienced, as well as the most unexpected upsidedown finish when it's so obvious that the finish is right on the side with the start pad.

Overall, the mere thing about Fun Cage that makes it amazing is the numberous ways that a player can think of to collect each of the gems. I still keep on finding new ways to collect the gems and that just makes me keep on playing even though I've been knocked out of the level several times by the MPs when I have 5x/56 gems collected. My first finish was like 10 minutes, though that run was full of failures due to the MPs. Thought it'll take a great deal of time until I figure out how the gold time is possible.

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.886 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.