file map2dif_plus_MBG

• Thank you received: 0
29 Dec 2011 03:47 #31
Dec 28, 2011, 7:39pm, perishingflames wrote:
Dec 28, 2011, 7:09pm, seizure22 wrote:there's an equivalent program for source engine .bsp, so I assume one could be made

EDIT: added HiGuy's GUI tool for Mac

Doesn't seem to work on Snow Leopard.

Nor on normal Leopard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
29 Dec 2011 04:26 #32
Heheh, I compiled for lion... Give me a minute...

Edit: Ninja by Matan...

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
29 Dec 2011 04:27 #33
maybe its Lion only?

Alternatively we could hope Phil would update his tools to include that.

Edit: and he posted seconds before me

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
29 Dec 2011 04:43 #34
Snow Leopard compatible version available here.

As for Leopard, I'll get to that but I have to do setup for Xcode because they removed that functionality.

Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
29 Dec 2011 04:56 #35
Working nice here. One thing though: after it finishes converting, the app doesn't close but prompts you to select another map to convert. If you click cancel, the app hangs.

Also how does it interact/look for the textures? I had a map convert when the textures were in a subdirectory of the folder that the map was in. I guess as long as the textures are located in at least a subdirectory then it will find them?

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
29 Dec 2011 08:23 #36
Leopard compatibility here.

Also, sigh. Leopard's a jerk. Had to install unsupported SDKs. Noone ask for Tiger support. You won't get it.

@Pf: It uses a directory enumerator and finds all the pngs/jpegs. It then creates a folder in ~/Library/Application Support/ and places mbmap2dif there along with the map and all the textures. You can go find that folder if you want. The reason I say not to put it in a folder like your home folder is that it will copy any image it finds in subdirectories, and therefore a lot.

Also, about the hangs, it doesn't hang, but more of waits silently in the background. This is so if you select a bunch of maps, it won't accidentally close after converting one.

~HiGuy

EDIT: Seiz put up the link to the Leopard version, so you can download it there.

Code:

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
29 Dec 2011 10:13 #37
Holy crap I checked my folder and it is gigantic. That doesn't sound like good practice. Why don't you have it so launching the app independently brings up options to set the textures directory and output directory (which are saved), and dragging a map to it to launch it silently converts it using those presets?

Also on a side-note, I have had much more success converting maps with curves using the older map2dif so mac users I would recommend converting your maps with curves on a PC like you did in the past. Even basic, choppy curves produce the white display glitch when adding them in-game. Detail mode either does nothing or causes the brushes to be badly out of place.

Exhibition 1: Simple small loop (too lazy to texture)

Old map2dif, detail ON:

Old map2dif, detail OFF:

New map2dif, detail ON:

New map2dif, detail OFF:

• Thank you received: 15
29 Dec 2011 15:43 #38
That only happens with a Mac though, correct?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
29 Dec 2011 16:11 #39
Dec 29, 2011, 2:13am, perishingflames wrote:New map2dif, detail ON:

This is what I get when I save curves from Constructor users (namely Don.Gato and ajdallas, but not Andrew) in QuArK. Since Andrew isn't getting this, then I'd say it's the method you guys are doing it being wrong.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
29 Dec 2011 20:10 #40
The only difference between how Andrew makes loops and others is that he doesn't use the radial clone. I've tested and they produce the exact same result. There is nothing wrong with using the radial clone to create loops from a logical standpoint. So please stop saying we are making curves incorrectly--it might just be a problem with how Constructor handles floating points but it's definitely not user error. And I have not had much success converting loops from Quark using the make prism tool either.

29 Dec 2011 20:18 #41
I think my Constructor is magic.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
29 Dec 2011 21:31 #42
No, thats impossible.

Your just a boss andy, thats all. Lets face it, your an epic level builder.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
29 Dec 2011 22:38 #43
Dec 29, 2011, 7:43am, ktbold12345 wrote:That only happens with a Mac though, correct?

No.

• Seizure22
  • Seizure22's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
30 Dec 2011 03:05 #44
I know of that issue, yes it's annoying, I could try to integrate more code from the original map2dif and see if that could fix it.

also updated higuy's link again

• Thank you received: 10
31 Dec 2011 00:48 #45
Sorry been Internet-less for a while. I have gotten similar results to PF when converting torusses (with the pieces not fitting together right). Some things crash in detail mode, but don't crash normally(just have problems like I mentioned) some only work in detail mode. Basically it works, but is still pretty flukey.

I think that the problem with radial clone is that it creates funky texture mapping. Nut it is easier and can look better IMO.

• brandondorf9999
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
06 Jan 2012 04:11 #46
This also works on Marble Blast Platinum of course but i may have to give that one a shot and see if that will inject very good.

06 Jan 2012 04:21 #47
Jan 5, 2012, 8:11pm, brandondorf9999 wrote:This also works on Marble Blast Platinum of course but i may have to give that one a shot and see if that will inject very good.

What? By inject do you mean convert?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
23 Jan 2012 11:51 #48
THANK YOU SEIZURE!!

I knew I wasn't going crazy when my TGTT weren't converting

• Seizure22
  • Seizure22's Avatar Topic Author
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
23 Jan 2012 11:52 #49
v1.01 - Triggers now export correctly

(windows link updated on first post, mac version coming soon, hopefully)

EDIT: updated bug list

- Make sure your triggers are not on an angle or skewed, as the polyhedron doesn't export correctly, which will crash MBG upon interior test

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
10 Mar 2012 02:36 #50
BUMPITY:

Hi. Just downloaded the Mac version. My Mac doesn't know what to do with it. There is no extension so it doesn't know how to open it. Is this supposed to be a .dmg, .zip, ??

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

10 Mar 2012 04:19 #51
Mar 9, 2012, 6:36pm, ajdallas wrote:BUMPITY:

Hi. Just downloaded the Mac version. My Mac doesn't know what to do with it. There is no extension so it doesn't know how to open it. Is this supposed to be a .dmg, .zip, ??

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Weird - I can see the extension on it just fine when I download it (it's a zip file). Right-click (or control-click if you're on a laptop) on the file and select Get Info. There you can uncheck the Hide Extension box.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
10 Mar 2012 04:37 #52
It is a .zip file, so you should decompress it as such.

Code:

• Buzzmusic
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • I make levels and songs.
  • Thank you received: 145
10 Mar 2012 06:22 #53
Ok. I renamed the file to MBmap2difplus.zip, then un-zipped it, and it created a file named MBmap2difplus.zip.cpgz.

That doesn't seem right. Also, when I did a GetInfo on the dowloaded file, the hide extension checkbox was already un-checked.

Any thought?

Thanks

All posts from my account that were made before July 29 2013 are from the point of view of my dad unless it states otherwise.

• Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
10 Mar 2012 09:55 #54
You should have downloaded a zip, extracted it, and saw a 10.6 MB executable file (no extension). For the non-gui way, that's all you need. But the gui version (see the first post) makes it easier; just use that. Make sure you put it in its own subdirectory with the textures though so it doesn't go through your entire Pictures folder or anything to get the needed jpgs

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.933 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.