lock Marble Blast Fubar BETA [OPEN BETA]

• Aayrl
  • Aayrl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
  • Thank you received: 368
24 Aug 2008 15:27 #121
Christ don't orgasm all over my posts please..

More good news for anticipating MBF fans:

- Voice acting has been complete for MBF. Some of you may find it rather...exciting... *wink*
- Several new maps have been added into the game.
- New screenshots and videos are uploading to the internet and we should have them on our website soon this week.
- Several developers at BEGCC have pitched in their efforts to create maps! (No more Author: Aayrl spam!)

There is of course some other news we'd like to bring to your attention:

- Our music director is on leave until late January 2009. He is currently on a business trip in Italy for GE.
- One of our graphic artists has also been away for quite some time from the BEGCC company. He's been looking for a new job after his old company went bankrupt earlier in 2008.
- One of our lead level designers Thomas Miller has recently moved from Vermont to Florida this summer and is currently overwhelmed with paperwork and schoolwork over his head. Hopefully we'll have him back in early September.

So, there you have it folks. We're working as intended here to get MBF finished and on the way.

~Aayrl
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 15
24 Aug 2008 16:04 #122
MBF sounds like it will be an awesome game! I can't wait for it to be released!
  • dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
24 Aug 2008 16:34 #123
Wow Aayrl, awesome news there, I can't wait for the guys to return and hopefully finish it, also it is gonna be awesome (MBF)!

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine
  • Thank you received: 18
25 Aug 2008 07:18 #124
Sounds great!
  • dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
25 Aug 2008 09:21 #125
EXCITINGNESS!

Can't wait for MBF

Legit Marbler
25 Aug 2008 16:18 #126
Like everyone else, I can't wait!

You should get some of your BEGCC guys to join the forums.
  • dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
25 Aug 2008 16:36 #127
Yes good idea Pablo, perhaps they can help out fill in some parts for the missing members of the team, that is if that idea doesn't have any mishaps or any problems...

Legit Marbler
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
26 Aug 2008 16:11 #128
Well, Lightzypher knows of the existance of the forums here, and honestly I don't think he was interested that much in the game >.>

I also have another folk currently working, Blackblaster, but he's again not into the whole forum thing.

Maybe i'll blackmail them to say hello or something.

Anywho:

Your fantasy has come true Matan...

~Aayrl
  • dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
26 Aug 2008 17:21 #129
You showed it to me earlier, what is it? Can't wait for Matan to post, wonder what he will say...

Legit Marbler
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
27 Aug 2008 00:13 #130
*drools*

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
27 Aug 2008 02:38 #131
If anyone else is lost like dushine..

..Foo-Foo marble is the make-believe koosh koosh pillow that is shaped and colored like an MBG ball that I believe matan makes love to in his bed every night.

I'm going to make one of these at an online shop if anyone is interested.. (grin)

ANYWHO!!

Important Notice: The Development Page has been uploaded to the MBF website this evening. You can now keep up to date with important changes to the MBF game, but you will still be unable to download BETA builds even if you have the BETA client.

We plan to either release a demo, or keep releasing BETA builds. We're still unsure of what we're doing, so please bear with us.

In the meantime, you can see current and past updates at the following link:

mbfdomain.googlepages.com/MBFWebsite-Development.html

Enjoy.

~Aayrl
  • Thank you received: 0
27 Aug 2008 07:29 #132
Looks amazing! I especially like the level names. Very nice site, too.
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
13 Sep 2008 02:46 #133
Long Anticipated Update viva la Forums!

For starters, you can keep up to date with daily Beta Build releases (We may not have updates *daily*, we update when we change or add anything to our main server of MBF) at the MBF website:

mbfdomain.googlepages.com/MBFWebsite-Development.html

Remember the three bad news points from my last post?

One of our BEGCC members, Blackblaster, has shown myself and taught a few of us (including myself and Lightzypher) how to use a new classy Music Creator program. Several new songs are being added to the game daily.

CyberFox was kind enough to show me how to create decent looking menu buttons, as well as some other photoshop tricks. Major GUI changes are underway.

Tom Miller (Lightzypher) Joined the forums not too long ago and is leading a steady life. Still no new levels from him, but he is working hard as intended ;P

Anywho: Most recent updates include:

An all new GUI look! The Main Menu and Play Menu have been revamped, and the Profile Menu is well underway! (Thanks to Spy and Matan for additional Coding Support).

New Menu Music as well as Game Music is in the game and working as intended! All music files heard in the game are also being converted to a .mp3 format for a final release of this game, so you can bring the sounds of Marble Blast Fubar everywhere you go on your Ipod or Phone!

The TOKEN Code has *finally* been fixed (I found the mistake...hurrah!). The Tokens are now functioning as intended and work on the currency code has begun yet again.

I'm hopefully going to be able to snap some new pictures AND a spiffy video for this weekend as well as work some more on the Website and Profile features. As stated above, you can keep up to date with our Beta Build Notes on the MBF Development Website Page (Linked above).

Hope the Good News keeps anticipated fans drooling for new content even more.

~Aayrl
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
13 Sep 2008 03:20 #134
Glad to hear everything is going good. Keep up the good work.

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
13 Sep 2008 07:04 #135
Wootage!
13 Sep 2008 14:17 #136
Great news!
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
13 Sep 2008 22:57 #137
Another quick update!

The Media/Gallery page is being heavily updated today, as well as some other pages of the website (That are currently uploaded). I decided to post this so MBF Beta users could see what I have to tell them:

Any video on YouTube with the Marble Blast Fubar tags have been added to a video playlist viewable on the Media/Gallery page at:

mbfdomain.googlepages.com/MBFWebsite-MediaGallery.html

If I missed a video, Please let me know! I'd be happy to add it to the User-Submitted BETA list.

EDIT: New Photos have been uploaded to the website.

Enjoy..

~Aayrl
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
29 Sep 2008 01:41 #138
(bump)

Added a new Video to my YouTube, showing off a new music file for MBF as well as the first Promotional Level to go with the recent Oktoberfest Festivities. Enjoy.

~Aayrl
29 Sep 2008 01:47 #139
The music fits MBF's theme very nicely, and the level is spectacular. Good work!
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
27 Oct 2008 22:51 #140
Achievements? Yes? No?

The Answer is Yes. The question has gone around BEGCC for quite some time now, and seeing MBP Release a small set of achievements made us jump onto the Yes trail.

Recently, in the past few days, we've been working on bugfixing some coding (And nearly crashing our data server in the process), and were able to confirm possibilities of several new types of achievements.

That was the final decision, and MBF Achievements were born. You can head over to the Front Page of the MBF Website for more information.

Also introduced with Achievements will be a points system, based on the difficulty of the achievement. These points, known respectively as Excellence Points, will be used to purchase cosmetic upgrades, such as graphics, new musics and UI, and possibly some level packs. More information on Excellence Points will be given out towards the completion of achievements.

Stay updated at the MBF Website, and enjoy the titles, I know Matan did

~Aayrl
  • Thank you received: 15
27 Oct 2008 23:24 #141
So many achievements...and they all look awesome! I hope I'll be able to beat them all.
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
27 Oct 2008 23:28 #142
Except the 8000 hour achievement

~Aayrl
27 Oct 2008 23:36 #143
Great names! Looks like there'll be a lot to do! I hope I can get a lot of those!

youtube.com/marbleduck
27 Oct 2008 23:43 #144
I love the achievements. I like the one year play MBF cause you could go in a coma for a year with MBF on. lol
28 Oct 2008 03:10 #145
What!?!? Playing MBF for one year?? Nobody will ever get that achievement or the 1 month or the 1 week one. The one day sound also very hard but vvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy easy compared to those ones. Remove all of those except the 1 day one please. It's not released yet and I'm not a beta tester and I already know that it's not possible to do that.
  • Aayrl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Big Deal!
28 Oct 2008 03:48 #146
Mkay, Explain how Matan is so good at Marble Blast.

--The Week, Month, and Year Game Play time is accumulative, not a consecutive unit. This means as you play MBF from day to day, the minutes add up. You will eventually reach these achievements. It may take you months, even years to complete them, but it is entirely possible to occur.

~Aayrl
  • IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
28 Oct 2008 03:50 #147
SSSSSHHHHHHH DONT REVEAL SECRETZ

28 Oct 2008 04:06 #148
Or one could have one's parrot play MBF while one is off attending to other matters.
  • dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
28 Oct 2008 05:04 #149
Wow awesome modification Aayrl! So many achievements some exceptionally harder than the others, damn Lukyo how silly can you get (no offense) no one would do that, Pablo good point .
Aayrl don't forget the records, you haven't updated them for over a long time and my name (s) should be around there.

Legit Marbler
28 Oct 2008 16:17 #150
Oct 27, 2008, 10:04pm, dushine wrote:Wow awesome modification Aayrl! So many achievements some exceptionally harder than the others, damn Lukyo how silly can you get (no offense) no one would do that, Pablo good point .
Aayrl don't forget the records, you haven't updated them for over a long time and my name (s) should be around there.

What!?!? damn me?? How can you say that to me???? I just didn't get it. Pablo is the one who is silly, actually. He deserves this: very funny Pablo. Anyway, it's possible as Aayrl says, so it's OK to play for a few years and get a swwwwwwwwwwweet 500 points. Last thing: When is the game going to be released?
Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.259 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.