Reply: my port forward broken again.

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

reCaptcha

X

Topic History of: my port forward broken again.

Max. showing the last 20 posts - (Last post first)

• superstar64
23 Mar 2019 21:36

I have a Spectrum router, and my port forward used to work when I did it using Port Map on MacOS. I do not have a direct ethernet connection to my network since 1. my router is in someone else's room, and 2. I can no longer actually directly connect with a cable since I don't have a port or adapter to do so. I am able to get into my router settings, so if that helps I could use that.

• Aayrl
17 Mar 2019 03:40

Hey superstar64,

The issue is likely caused by something on your local network. Port Forwarding is typically managed by a device on the perimeter of your local network. Software such as the Albertino Port Mapper will only work if your computer is plugged directly into your cable modem or if the computer has direct access to modify the perimeter equipment to apply the port forward mapping - most modern networks are not setup this way.

Without more knowledge of your network, it's tough to troubleshoot these sort of problems. Was your port forwarding working prior to upgrading to Windows 10? It's possible there's a port forward open on your network for a certain IP address that's changed when you rebuilt your system.

If you or someone you know has access to your router or wireless access point, see if you can take a look at any port forwarding features for attached devices - this is typically how you would open up port 28000 to the internet. I would strongly advise against posting any inner workings of your network here, but you should be able to pull up an internet search for "Port Forward [name of your router brand]" to figure out how to accomplish this.

Let me know if this helps or if I can provide any further guidance.

Thanks,
~Aayrl

• superstar64
16 Mar 2019 20:30

Almost a year after I first had server hosting issues, I moved my shenanigans to a Windows 10 system. I am attempting to use Albertino Port Mapper with port 28000 with the UDP standard, and under port mapping in the settings, I get the same thing I did almost a year ago. I tried changing the port, using other programs, and even port forwarding with a different computer. Is this an issue with the game, or is there something up with my computer configuration?

Time to create page: 0.738 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.