SUPPORT BOARD OVERVIEW & TIPS:

About Receiving Help from the Support Board: While all members may answer questions posted in the Support board, you should only rely on responses posted or confirmed by support moderators and website administrators. Any solutions provided by members of the community that are not verified by a staff member (as indicated by a light-green background) are provided as-is, and we cannot take responsibility for any of the results of said actions.

About Responding to Support Threads: If you feel you know the answer to a question, you are welcome to respond to the thread and politely offer assistance. Please be courteous and try to provide detailed and helpful solutions to users who may not be as advanced as you. We ask that you refrain from posting one-sentence solutions.

Please search for existing topics before creating one! It's quite likely someone else has already encountered a similar issue which was resolved. You can search for existing support threads by clicking here .

About Topic Tags:

* Topics denoted with the [OPEN] tag are awaiting a response from the end user. You are welcome to post in these threads if you are experiencing a similar issue so we may provide further support.

* Topics denoted with the [RESOLVED] title have been successfully answered and confirmed by a support moderator and the end user, and should be used as a reference. These topics are locked.

* Topics denoted with the [CLOSED] tag were either inactive for more than 30 days or the end user did not respond to a suggestion and confirm if the issue was resolved. These topics are locked.

lock [READ] The complete Mission Fixer!

• Jeff
  • Jeff's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
12 Jul 2013 01:28 - 14 Sep 2014 15:39 #1
This code will fix missions that aren't compatible with mbp 1.14/1.20 because of directory settings. Moving platforms as well as interiors will work once upon doing this.

Note: DOING THE WHOLE ENTIRE CLA WILL CAUSE MARBLE BLAST TO CRASH, THUS NOT ALL LEVELS WILL GET FIXED.

^^^ Please do not do it on a lot of files, the game engine don't like it. As I described to Andrew, the game has to read each mission file line by line, parse each mission file line by line, and write each mission file line by line.

Code is under the MIT license, yada yada yada...

You can get the code from this pastebin here as it keeps nice formatting =)

pastebin.com/83J8i6ZD

To use, copy and paste that code into notepad/textedit, and save as missionFix.cs

Then, place the file into yourmarbleblastdirectory/marble/

or

yourmarbleblastdirectory/platinum/

then, open up Marble blast, and open the console (press ~)

in the console type this:

Code:exec($usermods @ /missionFix.cs);

The code will compile. Afterwards, to check it, type this into the console:

Code:fixMissions();

The code will do its thing, and it may take some time and even become unresponsive. Just let its do its thing. If it takes more than 5 minutes, then force quit marble blast and assume that it got most of the levels.

MBP LB USERS:

Afterwards, delete both the .cs and .dso file so that LBs will re-enable themselves in MBP.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2014 15:39 by Aayrl.
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 368
12 Jul 2013 01:30 #2
This looks important. /Sticky.

~Aayrl
  • HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
12 Jul 2013 01:41 #3
Code:setModPaths(platinum;marble);

Apart from that, this looks like it could be very useful, especially with the naming changes in MBP 1.20+

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
12 Jul 2013 03:22 #4
On a Mac, if you goto your home and go into Applications or Applications/Utilities and open Activity Monitor, then find the MarbleBlast app and click Inspect on it, you should be able to click Open Files and Ports and look at the bottom of the list to see the files that are currently open in MarbleBlast. It should change to reflect the current open file, and disappear when it's done. Hope this helps! (in case it ever should freeze up)
This should give me the chance to resort all my level files, and then fixing (+ backing up) the saved times, so that the times are only in one directory and are merged together, so my times won't reset every time I want to add levels with consistent times. Will do later, of course.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
12 Jul 2013 04:34 #5
Thanks for the tip pro marbler

• Thank you received: 0
12 Jul 2013 16:25 #6
A question. When I looked in the supposedly fixed files, I still saw marble references and the such in the mission files, and showed no evidence of being modified in Finder. But in the game, levels and moving platforms worked perfectly! With no errors in the console! I even made sure it was the same level.

Game thought it'd be lovely to create new missions in my /Library/MarbleBlast/platinum/ file, equating to about 50MB of mission files... These also seem to override the missions in the game! (It added pictures from the game though, so its missions have pictures loaded inside the game directory.) Please have it write to itself instead, so it won't break my game and hog up my memory. (Not really, just annoying.)
Aside from that, it works just fine! No errors in the console, as I tried to say. Oh, and I did both CLA's and it only took a minute.
  • Perishingflames
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
12 Jul 2013 20:25 #7
The game can't write to the application, everything you save is always done to the Library Marbleblast folder (e.g. Levels modified in the LE, prefs, demo recordings, etc). You can just copy and overwrite what's in the custom folder of package contents if you want, or use something like EasyFind to quickly find/replace marble/ to platinum/ with the package contents custom levels location pointed to.
12 Jul 2013 21:35 #8
I sort of suspected as much, I guess I have to go and move it myself. But it would be helpful for a note to be made. Does it copy all, or just the levels it modifies? Would it be possible to make a list of such things?

... And apparently Ctrl-L creates screenshots. Interesting. What else don't I know?
12 Jul 2013 22:10 #9
Where do you put the fixer in? I putted it in Platinum, did I do it correctly? It said in game it was missing the file.
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
12 Jul 2013 22:11 #10
yes put it inside of the platinum folder, and to execute it do:

exec(platinum/missionFix.cs);

or whatever you named the file.

14 Jul 2013 20:01 #11
I did the code correctly and it still says Missing File: platinum/missionFix.cs!
14 Jul 2013 20:09 #12
Make sure that the file is named missionFix.cs and not missionFix.cs.txt or cs.rtf. You can check this by selecting the file, and pressing Cmd-I (or Menu: File --> Get Info), and editing the name under Name and Extension. Click the new extension on the popup box if necessary.
14 Jul 2013 20:27 #13
It is named missionFix.cs, why is it saying it is missing the file?
14 Jul 2013 20:56 #14
Did you put it in quotes, and copy it word-for-word? Did you put it in the platinum folder in the game? Make sure that you didn't put it in the Library/MarbleBlast/platinum/ folder.

Afterwards, make sure you restarted the game!!
14 Jul 2013 21:11 #15
I put it in quotes, its in the platinum folder of the game.
14 Jul 2013 21:16 #16
exec(platinum/missionFix.cs);

After that, does it load the compiled script?

(or exec($usermods @ /missionFix.cs); )

Oh, and are you typing it into the terminal/console (via ~tilde or F11)?

And if you can, post a screenshot (CMD-SHFT-3)
14 Jul 2013 21:24 #17
What is the controls for a Mac OS X? And no, it just says after I type it in: missing file platinum/missionFix.cs!
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
14 Jul 2013 21:32 #18
Try the other script, maybe platinum just messes with the code.

(Second one in last post!)

14 Jul 2013 21:39 #19
I tried both scripts and I get same error.
14 Jul 2013 21:50 #20
Then the files must either be misnamed or not there, so assuming you saved it with TextEdit, it would have automatically added an extension (rtf) to the file! So open it in Finder, goto the file missionFix.cs, select it, and select File --> Get Info from the file menu. It should bring up a long box, which will have a name area. Click the arrow, make sure that the extension is NOT hidden, and remove any extra text in the name so that the name is exactly missionFix.cs, and not missionFix.cs.rtf or .txt or anything else of the sort.
14 Jul 2013 22:50 #21
It doesn't have .rtf at the end. Why won't it work?
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
14 Jul 2013 23:09 #22
Okay... Try this.

Download this file (it's safe!): missionFix.cs.dso

Then copy it into either Library/MarbleBlast/platinum/ or Marbleblast.app/Contents/platinum/ (or both!) Then run the exec command: exec(platinum/missionFix.cs);
Then execute the function in the top post. It should work.

14 Jul 2013 23:42 #23
Wheres the Library tab at?
14 Jul 2013 23:54 #24
It worked! But it created a copy of every mission in the game, beginner, intermediate, advanced expert, and in MBG too, and custom, what caused it to happen?
  • Thank you received: 123
15 Jul 2013 00:08 #25
... Did you select the Custom Levels tab? It doesn't necessarily matter if the non-custom levels are copied or not, just that the custom levels have been patched. The files in the library will take preference over files in the game, so no need to copy them back over. (If you delete the non-custom levels, check to make sure it isn't actually a custom level, or else you'll have to do it again. ) And do the levels now work in-game? If so, state so in your topic.
15 Jul 2013 00:34 #26
The levels still don't work.
15 Jul 2013 00:56 #27
Okay. Open the console (~tilde or F11), and close it. Load a level (a few would also do). If you observe missing platforms, open it again and note all red text after Executing (mission).mis in it, and record it somewhere. Or open the console log located at Library/MarbleBlast/console.log and copy/paste the red errors (won't be red in the log, but the text will be the same) into a textfile, and paste the errors on here. Or you can post the console.log directly and then we can see.

Some other things... What levels did you download? Where did you get them? And did you install any associated skyboxes/shapes as well?
15 Jul 2013 01:28 #28
The red text says its missing a certain interior.
15 Jul 2013 03:36 #29
Okay, so when the script runs its course, if one was to restart and run the script, it seems that it would read over the files in the Library (in platinum/, of course!), trying to look for matching strings. Also, it copies not just missions/, but missions_mbg/ and ~_mbp/ as well, as well as some skybox test files I didn't even know exist. Might want to make it just read in the missions/ folder, just to be safe. I do not know how dlma managed to duplicate his files, I've tried and I got nothing of the sort.

For you above, tell the specific level and the specific interior(s). Then we can track it down.

Maybe the duplication has to do with the OSX version. Woo.

Oh and I caught open files saying no more information! Cool! :D
  • Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
16 Jul 2013 02:38 #30
@dlma

You use mac. I use windows. I don't know how mac stores its files, but it sure as heck worked fine for me on windows, and pro marble had it working for him (a mac user). You both use mac. He told you how to fix it. If you both use the same OS, then how the heck can it work for him and not for you. The code is writen in a cross-compatible scripting language. Read what he said, and try it. There isn't anything more I can do for you as it worked for him, it tells me that it is a user error.

Also, I want to remind everybody about this section to the code:

Code:// THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
// IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
// FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
// AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
// LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
// FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS
// IN THE SOFTWARE.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.067 seconds