Reply: [OPEN] MBP RC1 Mac OS X Installation Trouble

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

reCaptcha

X

Topic History of: [OPEN] MBP RC1 Mac OS X Installation Trouble

Max. showing the last 20 posts - (Last post first)

• HiGuy
28 Sep 2014 17:28

Great guide for updating for those who aren't familiar with MB's old ~/Library storage. Stickied.

• acog416
28 Sep 2014 16:52

I'll try it later. Thanks though!

• ProMarbler
28 Sep 2014 15:56

Hello!

It should be noted that if you are playing "Online", that the times are transferred between versions. If you are playing "offline", or singleplayer ("Play" button, if I recall), then this transfer will do what you wish for. If you want to play online, you can each create an account so that your times exist online and offline.

Wordy explanation:

The files the downloads page tells you to move won't actually help you much, except for the mbpPrefs.cs/.dso files. When you download MBP RC1, quit the game and go to your Home folder (you can press shift-command-H to open it for you). Open the Applications folder, there should just be a "Marble Blast Platinum" application. Right-click or control-click it, and from the menu click "Show package contents". Then go to Contents --> platinumbeta --> client (the folders, listed in order). There should be a bunch of files ending in ".cs or ".cs.dso". Delete in that folder the "mbpPrefs.cs" and "mbpPrefs.cs.dso" files. Do not open Marble Blast Platinum yet.

In Finder, click "Go" in the menu and select "Go to folder..." (or press command-shift-G). A dialog should appear. Type "Library/MarbleBlast/platinumbeta/client/" and press go. A folder should appear if it exists. Copy (in this folder) the files "mbpPrefs.cs" and "mbpPrefs.cs.dso" to the folder of which you removed the files from. You do NOT need to remove the platinumbeta folder afterwards.

That was wordy. This is more concise:

Ensure Marble Blast Platinum is not open.

Click on Finder. Press "command-shift-G". Type:
~/Applications/Marble Blast Platinum/platinumbeta/client/
and click Go.

Delete "mbpPrefs.cs" and "mbpPrefs.cs.dso".

Press "command-shift-G". Type:
~/Library/MarbleBlast/platinumbeta/client/
and click Go once again.

Copy "mbpPrefs.cs" and "mbpPrefs.cs.dso"

Press "command-shift-G". Type:
~/Applications/Marble Blast Platinum/platinumbeta/client/
and click Go once more.

Paste the files. The files "mbpPrefs.cs" and "mbpPrefs.cs.dso" should appear.

You can close the windows. You should be able to have the old times available offline.

If this is not what you intended, let me know!

• acog416
27 Sep 2014 17:28

I wanna to install MBP RC1 on my sister's Macbook Air, but since she had Beta 3, I wanna move the files the download page told me to move so she could still have her times. When I went to look for the files, I couldn't find any of the files on there and couldn't find the library/platinumbeta directory I'm supposed to delete.

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.