Reply: [OPEN] Morph - Launch Before Playground Area Not Working

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

reCaptcha

X

Topic History of: [OPEN] Morph - Launch Before Playground Area Not Working

Max. showing the last 20 posts - (Last post first)

• Nockess
07 Apr 2017 15:09

Yep. Framerate's been locked for a while.

Took a look at my old videos and I ran into this.

I have the feeling that the problem is just Mac vs Windows.

• Regislian
07 Apr 2017 11:55

Not sure whether I suggested this before: but have you tried locking your framerate?

• Kalle29
07 Apr 2017 02:03

So... did any mac user actually try this yet?

• NF
06 Apr 2017 20:29

I'm pretty sure that Xelna uses a shock absorber when he lands on the trigger and it runs out as the platform is pushing him up so that's how he gets the gem, because he doesn't have any extra bounce on the gray platform.

[hr]
Actually Xelna doesn't even hit the gray platform at all, just the pink sign above it. That must be it.

• Nockess
06 Apr 2017 20:28

That doesn't happen in the WRR.

• Frostfire
06 Apr 2017 19:49

Your technique is the problem, you need to come out of the air, bounce off the grey before you hit the trigger, hit the trigger coming back up off the bounce, then come down again off the grey platform.

• Nockess
06 Apr 2017 19:37

I was talking with Regislian about this a couple months ago. The main problem here is the so-called launch at the end of the treacherous Morph. If you don't get which launch I'm talking about, click here.
From what I understand, I don't think the problem I'm having has anything to do with the level's code, my computer, or anything like that. Check it out.

When I was talking with Regislian, he made a video of him playing Morph, the same exact part, and it turns out it works just fine for him.

So I replied with this.

The last thing he suggested was to use the level editor to drop my marble on the trigger.
[2:21 PM] Regislian: thats weird, one thing u could try is use the lvl editor to drop u on the trigger (from a bit above the tower)

So I tried that.

And it didn't work.

Can someone help me out with this? I'd like to be able to get a good time on Morph, and that basically requires this launch trick. :)

Time to create page: 0.766 seconds