file Multiplayer 2v2 League: Are you the "Best Blasting Duo"?

• Ian_Cordle
  • Ian_Cordle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
  • Thank you received: 10
15 May 2014 19:07 #61 by Ian_Cordle
(inb4 RC/dushine superteam)

I think everyone should consider switching partners, it makes the game more diverse, I completely agree. I have a few ideas for teammates, including Jeff of course. I hope that the Leagues evolve over time and get more active players online to keep the game competitive.

I know that most people counted GOTO 10 out but Jeff had been playing a lot during development and my practice has been really paying dividends so we've been showing up more and more as the season goes on. Even our first match took Regi and Kwill by surprise I think. It's a really awesome feeling when there are several people who are actually close in skill - you don't know what's going to happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 25
15 May 2014 19:29 #62 by RC
"inb4 RC/dushine superteam"

Lol, don't give us ideas :p.

Out of all seriousness, I love Frosty as my partner. He's a great team player, and he shows massive levels of potential. However, I do agree with dushine and Ian; switching partners and teaming up with new people is always a great way to not only improve, but make new friends and create relationships.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
15 May 2014 19:43 - 15 May 2014 19:43 #63 by HiGuy
Inb4 RC/Matan superteam

Also hope that for the next team tourney, someone will pick me /gripe

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 15 May 2014 19:43 by HiGuy.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
15 May 2014 20:51 #64 by RDs.The-dts-guy
I agree with teammate switching. would make some more diversity as currently things slightly imbalanced. Just one thing though. Can we organize next leauge after finals have ended? Would be really nice :P

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
15 May 2014 22:00 #65 by IsraeliRD
Inb4 Xelna/Matan
Totally unbeatable

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
15 May 2014 23:11 #66 by Imperial

IsraeliRD wrote: Inb4 Xelna/Matan
Totally unbeatable

This.

Speaking of switching partners for diversity, I really hope I can join the next League and enjoy the fun the players have been experiencing, if possible. :P

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
16 May 2014 00:52 - 16 May 2014 00:54 #67 by dushine
That would be an awesome team if only Pascal new what MP or blast is ;)
Higuy, I can't believe how you of all people didn't have a partner, guys this noob is available and he's got some fight in him, make sure to pick him!
And Imperial agreed, I know you wanted to have some of the fun and it must feel like it sucks...which it does, and you are definitely missed...;)

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine
Last edit: 16 May 2014 00:54 by dushine.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
16 May 2014 02:41 #68 by Ian_Cordle
HiGuy didn't get picked up because people didn't know about the League and multiplayer wasn't as popular before the league got going. I think he'll have no problems getting a teammate next time. Also, speaking to "imbalance in teams:" the point of the league is to find the best players and the best team. You will lose games to better teams and beat teams who you are better than. The NFL, NBA, FIFA, etc. don't balance the teams. That being said, I hope nobody forms a superteam, it's more exciting without it, from a spectator's perspective.

The next league will have modifications, particularly to the rule-set to counteract the effects of lag on matches. I've already been talking about these changes with a few people. RC1 should help with the competitive scene and hopefully the final release will have all the tools we need to combat anti-fun play. (Collision detection and blast power are going to be evaluated.)

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
16 May 2014 03:14 #69 by RandomityGuy
I CAN NOW PLAY MP WITH LZX, but someone needs to be online

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
17 May 2014 21:56 #70 by Ian_Cordle
Royal Flush (A) takes down SwegMasters (H)

Map 1 - Architecture: Royal Flush just know how to move around the map better, getting from gem spawn to gem spawn far faster than Uil and RDs.
Map 2 - Epicenter: Starting with a 12 point lead within 1 minute quickly escalated. Regisilan had more points than the entirety of SwegMasters.
Map 3 - Horizon: Kwill and Regi had a combined 13 blues, if memory serves. Kwill had more points than Uil and RDs combined, not much of a match here either.

3-0 for Royal Flush
<Watch Here>

• Thank you received: 20
26 May 2014 19:42 #71 by Kwill
Frostcage vs Royal Flush

These two teams have been trying to coordinate their online times for about a week now, and finally today, they had their match. The dedicated server presented a laundry list of problems, including sending the players into "Marble Limbo" at a few points... So we decided to alternate hosting privileges instead.

Game 1: Basic Agility Course
Regislian and Kwill, the first hosts, chose Basic Agility Course, an old favorite of theirs. Both teams battled hard: gems wouldn't stay on the map for more than a few seconds. Frostcage kept a steady lead throughout the game. Royal Flush was right behind though, and the game ended up to be surprisingly close. Frostcage won by 14 points, mostly thanks to RC moving around the map better than anyone else.

Game 2: Architecture
After Kwill suddenly gets an antivirus popup, crashing his game and crushing his ping :(, Frostcage chooses their star map, Architecture. Unsurprisingly, they dominate Royal Flush in the round, winning by some 50 points.

Game 3: Horizon
Royal Flush choose Horizon for their second map. Kwill and Regis start out quite well; for the first half of the game, they were ten-ish points ahead. At around the game's midway point, a mighty beast awakens from his slumber inside RC's soul and starts owning the map, grabbing blues left and right, while Royal Flush start to lose focus. The game ends in a 25-point lead for Frostcage.

Frostcage: 3 - Royal Flush: 0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frostfire

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
26 May 2014 19:50 #72 by Frostfire
'A mighty beast awakens from inside RC's soul'

That just made my day.

Completely true, we were all even at like 30 points and then I started to fail and RC just caught fire.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
28 May 2014 14:47 #73 by Ian_Cordle
Somehow I missed these posts when I was making my rounds. I've been very busy with my League team :P

The front posts are now updated, you only have 3 days to play your remaining matches. Remember to be online May 31st @ 12 PM EST [5 PM GMT] so you can play makeup games or to gain points from teams who will be forced to forfeit. Teams who have played no matches will not earn a spot in the playoffs.

• RandomityGuy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • This entire place is bruh
  • Thank you received: 61
30 May 2014 13:17 #74 by RandomityGuy
at last, i played

BLue miners versus Sweg masters

Match 1(ramp matrix)
check it here

Match 2(architecture)
Everyone lagged. I managed to play but lost.

Match 3(Epicentre)
Everyone skillshoting the blues but still we lost

Github:
github.com/RandomityGuy
Feel free to support me at ko-fi.com/randomityguy

31 May 2014 12:48 #75 by Kwill
Unfortunately, I will not be able to be able to play the make-up matches. My computer will not boot up anymore and it's been this way for the past few days. I ordered a windows recovery boot disk that hasn't come in yet, so I haven't been able to fix it. Regis and I still have matches to play against 3 teams. I'll make a post when my computer comes back to life.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
31 May 2014 17:17 #76 by Ian_Cordle
No full teams were online today for makeup matches so the scores have been locked. The playoffs post has been updated on the first page of the thread.

Good luck in the playoffs to all!

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
05 Jun 2014 21:25 #77 by Ian_Cordle
The first round of playoffs has been extended to June 14th. That means that the makeup date and time is now June 14th at 12 PM EST.

14 Jun 2014 00:34 - 14 Jun 2014 00:36 #78 by Kwill
Well, my computer has been broken for a few weeks now and the repair company has been slow, and I don't know when or if it will be fixed or when I'll get another one if it's not. Obviously I haven't been able to play marble blast in that time, which means sadly, I won't be able to continue the competition. Sorry regis :( Good luck to the rest of of the competitors!
Last edit: 14 Jun 2014 00:36 by Kwill.

• Ian_Cordle
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • eSports Director
15 Jun 2014 21:34 #79 by Ian_Cordle
Hey guys, we seem to have lost a lot of momentum with the league as teams haven't been online (including me!) and people haven't been playing as much together as far as I can tell.

What would you like to do with the league? We could just not do the playoffs and I can arrange shorter events in the future as to avoid this issue or we could somehow arrange the playoffs again. Please let me know.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
15 Jun 2014 21:56 #80 by dushine
I guess shorter events may be a better idea in the future, because people clearly do not know just what they are signing themselves up for....almost as though they signed up on a whim or spur of the moment :P

But shorter events would also help prevent unforeseen circumstances, such as Kwill's situation. Half the teams have been around and other members missing. Personally I love the league idea but it only works if and when people are available and willing to go through with it all the way. ;)

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Regislian
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 255
15 Jun 2014 22:06 #81 by Regislian
I agree, forget about this League and go with shorter events, too bad though, but there are just not enough people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
15 Jun 2014 22:38 #82 by Jeff
not enough people in the community, the game is dying, ect. ect. ect.

either short events or no kind of league at all i guess.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Thank you received: 15
16 Jun 2014 00:26 #83 by Andrew
Maybe this league would work better 1v1 than with teams? Then you wouldn't have situations where one team member is MIA for significant lengths of time.

16 Jun 2014 13:06 - 16 Jun 2014 13:08 #84 by Kwill
I loved the league, but I definitely agree that it should be shortened. This isn't a sport that our lives are built around playing; it's something we fit in whenever we can. Maybe next time we could just do the playoffs with the seeding determined by the average/combined ratings of the team members. That's one of many ideas to make the tournament.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2014 13:08 by Kwill.

• MBKid
  • Advanced Marbler
  • Advanced Marbler
  • XXXquickscoperXXX
  • Thank you received: 35
16 Jun 2014 13:54 #85 by MBKid
I would like shortening it and definitely doing a 1v1, since there aren't as many mac players to do a 2v2. Because I would really like to compete in leagues and I'm guessing a number of other mac players would like to.

I really wan't one soon (I know I sound greedy) :P

I played marble blast

• Frostfire
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Multiplayer Mastery
  • Thank you received: 447
17 Jun 2014 12:30 #86 by Frostfire
Also... a question.

For future tournaments/leagues/organized competitions, will they all be 'hosted' or 'run' or whatever you want to call it by Ian, or can any old pleb start one?

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
17 Jun 2014 20:45 #87 by Jeff
should probably be run by the forum administration as there is quite a few of us who are on here daily.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• Imperial
  • Expert Marbler
  • Expert Marbler
  • Custom Levels Lover
  • Thank you received: 86
18 Jun 2014 11:58 #88 by Imperial
I totally agree that the events should be shortened, whereas the power rankings should be done first, so the players only need to do the playoffs. It is also true that teams rarely get online simultaneously, hence the league hardly has any progress. The situation ought to be better for a 1v1 tournament. I'm totally joining that one next time. :D

Vanquisher / Red Stealer

My youtube channel: www.youtube.com/imperialcuirassier
My twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/imperialcuirassier

• Thank you received: 368
22 Jun 2014 05:56 #89 by Aayrl
Late post.

I will be rewarding members that participated in this past 2v2 league with an exclusive website achievement. It seems there is outstanding incentive for players to participate in team events, though maybe shorten the span of the event to a weekend? A simple elimination bracket comes to mind, and the majority of the games may be completed within a few hours.

~Aayrl

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.111 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.