file PlatinumQuest Feature Spotlight #1: The Cannon

• Thank you received: 0
23 Jun 2011 07:36 #61
I wouldn't be able to play without a mouse lol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2011 08:53 #62
I originally played with arrowkeys+mouse for jump and powerup, but I got used to WASD in MBO. Definitely in favour of mouse controls here.

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
23 Jun 2011 08:57 #63
Well I think we settled the discussion before it was even started Seizure and I both agreed there will be keyboard support

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
23 Jun 2011 12:59 #64
Yes, the video shows I somewhat moved it while I was charging. You can also exit the cannon at any point (except for the Instant cannon, of course).

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• marblefire
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Jun 2011 00:03 #65
Tech, that was a completely pointless and unnecessary post.

• Joey
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Doer of things.
  • Thank you received: 191
24 Jun 2011 00:17 #66
Sorry MF. Deleted. I just wanted to express how awesome PQ really is .

I love you, but your attitude is like that of a shrew. Your options? Take a pill or be my kill. Might I suggest that you wear a vest. Perish in class or be banished to the land of bluegrass, where dreams don't exist as you'll be eternally pissed.

• ktbold12345
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
24 Jun 2011 17:31 #67
There are going to be so many levels with cannons after this comes out. I'm expecting the custom level rates to be 5x higher than what they are this year. It's kind of a slow year for custom level building, because most builders are all working on PQ or other mods.

Anyway, what are those red and white exclamation points in the trailer? Help triggers?

EDIT: I use the keyboard and mouse. If I lost either of those things, I could not play MB.

• randslider
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
25 Jun 2011 03:05 #68
You couldn't really do anything without them. Already epic, but it could even epicer if you could 'drive' the cannon around the level, but I don't think that that's possible.

25 Jun 2011 16:31 #69
Is it just me or is the future of Marble Blast starting early?

• Thank you received: 1
26 Jun 2011 04:22 #70
Quote:Anyway, what are those red and white exclamation points in the trailer? Help triggers?
Yep, they're visual indicators that a help trigger is within that area.

• Thank you received: 1
22 Sep 2011 17:09 #71
I can't wait to see how this is used...

to shoot yourself into midair gravity modifiers!

• Thank you received: 14
23 Sep 2011 01:51 #72
Jun 22, 2011, 4:09pm, rdsempire wrote:I cant understand how it is posible to beat advanced levels using only keyboard since camera moves too slow using keyboard. It can be done, although slow computers will move the camera slowly (full screen helps with camera turn speed).

(For anyone who is wondering) There are a few ways to deal with the fact that the top speed of keyboard is slower than the top speed of camera.

1. Suck it up and lose the 0.0x-0.x (even x.y depending on level and turning speed) of time the keyboard costs you. (This will always happen to an extent.)
2. If you're turning the camera left, instead of going W-A the entire way, go W-A then just A or A-S, so the marble will move close to what a faster camera turn would move it.
3. Preturning: Turn the camera in the direction you are planning to turn it before the turn (and modify the WASD keys you press), so you don't have to turn the camera as much during the turn. One place I use it is on Pitfalls.
4. Use the mouse just for those turns, if possible. (The mouse is also useful for very small turns, like on Tightrope, since the keyboard has a minimum turn amount that happens when you briefly press a key.)
5. Don't turn more than 180ยบ if you can.

A time can be beaten, but a path can't be rediscovered. The best path stays forever.

• Rct3fan00
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Intermediate Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
23 Sep 2011 04:48 #73
Jun 25, 2011, 9:31am, azarod9 wrote:Is it just me or is the future of Marble Blast starting early?

No it's finally about time ^.^

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.941 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.