file Upcoming MBP Version (Please Read)

• Perishingflames
  • Perishingflames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
26 Jul 2007 00:33 #1
In MBP's next version, Matan and Alex will have worked it out so MBP requires an ignition key. This is to make installation easier for everyone.

There is a problem though, for those who do not have an ignition key (i.e. You didn't buy MBG from GG like it came with your computer, etc) in that you will not be able to use MBP.

If they don't have an ignition key from MBG, they can consider themselves locked out of MBP in the literal sense of it.

So, if you do not have an ignition key, please post your garagegames username here so you can be provided one, complimentary of garagegames.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
26 Jul 2007 01:24 #2
Does this mean normal members who don't have an ignition key (there are quite a few) will be unable to play MBP?

• Thank you received: 1
26 Jul 2007 01:58 #3
In fact, that's nearly everyone. I think we should make an installer that would have the modified scripts for MBP, but not all the scripts to run the game, and have it use MBG's scripts to make a finished version. Applescript could do that for Macs, I think. And PCs could use some dos command or something, whatever they use. Would that work, or would it violate GG's guidelines?

btw, my GG username is Lonestar.

• Thank you received: 15
26 Jul 2007 02:29 #4
If almost no one on the forums will be able to play MBP without an ignition key, then maybe we shouldn't use it, and go back to the old way instead.

Anyway, my GG username is Andrew Sears.

• Perishingflames
  • Perishingflames's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 21
26 Jul 2007 03:42 #5
@ Ian: No. There will be a separate MBP build for them that doesn't require registration with installation instructions how to install. It will still require MBG, of course, but not an ignition code.

@ Lonestar: We have decided upon how to do it, but if you would like to make an installer for the macs instead of installation instructions and the sort for those who don't have an ignition code, be my guest. Make it also move MBG's dso's into its package contents before it runs MBP and MBP makes its dso's, and then there would be instructions to move MBP's new dso's it made in library to MBP's package contents after running MBP and playing a level, or you could make a separate applescript to open after playing a MBP level that does that automatically.

@ AS: Read what I wrote to Ian.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
26 Jul 2007 08:23 #6
Whatever PF wrote

We cannot distribute the 'core' files of MBP, thus we do the hard installation instructions. Problem being is that many people here are inexperienced with computers and thus could screw up anything at any given moment.

The way we do via GarageGames might cost some ppl money, but we can assure that it's as flawless as it can be. In fact, I might even squeeze in a better game engine (PF and I talked about it a bit), making whoever had bought MBG via GG getting a better deal when getting MBP's core files.

I can also talk with Alex about MotD (how to modify it), adding our own constant patches (MBP final release will be called 1.7.0 or something else, as 1.5.x + 1.6.x is still MBG) and being able to constantly talk to the community this way.

I can also talk to Alex about getting the prefs.cs data going online or missions begin downloaded from Phil when ppl load the levels so that people won't cheat and this way we can look who found which eggs and what are his best times.

I have stuff I wanna talk 2 Alex on the way of how much I'm able to modify and see what I can pull out, but don't get worried about that

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
26 Jul 2007 15:55 #7
This... sucks.

27 Jul 2007 04:13 #8
Agreed.

27 Jul 2007 04:17 #9
I concur.

27 Jul 2007 04:52 #10
I also concur.

27 Jul 2007 05:08 #11
Is it worth GG's publicity to require the community who we made this game for pay?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jul 2007 06:17 #12
Seems like I need to explain a bit:

We release two versions:

One for the community via phil's site and one via GG. About the GG one I'll worry about, the public one is the one we always do and we'll keep updating it via the FTP as normal.

Whatcha think?

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

27 Jul 2007 06:19 #13
I like it.

27 Jul 2007 06:33 #14
Will this ready-to-go-out-of-the-box version be downloadable from a link on these forums or distributed only to members we know to have MBG? I would like the first more, so it works for future members.

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jul 2007 06:45 #15
The one via Phil's site is the one we planned. The one via GG needs ignition key.

I think this is what u meant, u didn't make urself clear in that post at all for me.

27 Jul 2007 07:07 #16
That's what I meant. I like that plan.

27 Jul 2007 15:06 #17
Okay.

• technostick
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • Thank you received: 32
27 Jul 2007 18:32 #18
So is it true that all community members can get MBP as a download from Phil's site without anything needed such as money, ignition key, etc.?

• IsraeliRD
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
27 Jul 2007 23:43 #19
Yes

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.834 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.