file Trick or Treat?!

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
19 Oct 2014 16:54 #1

You guys are giving me a frightening choice, and I don't want to know what will happen if trick will be chosen, so here are my treats:

It's been long coming, but I'd like to remind everyone that I'm being enlisted on the 29th of October, so I won't be here (except some Saturdays) for the upcoming month or two. I can foresee the amount of fun people are about to have now that feared dragon is not here ;)

To begin the fun, MBG WRR #4 is getting to public very soon, and will be posted once a week (or so), which is excellent news since everyone is waiting for it. With 64 levels improved since MBG WRR #3, this is very exciting to see the optimizations done to so many levels. To give you an idea of how much community support we had, here are some stats:
In the first rampage we had 3 runners - Xelna and myself dominated, with Andrew Patterson giving us a video for Space Slide.
Second rampage we still had three people - Xelna dominated and Dushine and I contributed.
Third rampage included 6 runners - Xelna, Dushine, iMac, Sporlo, Sonic Warrior1 and yours truly.
This rampage we have 14 (!) runners to thank to: Xelna, Kalle29, Gabriel 'Powerjohn25' Inocencio, Regislian, Remy 'Dushine' Dushime, BlastedMarble, Ji Hoon 'iMacmatician' Chun, Moshe, Trevor 'm2mm4m' Davidson, Asuul, Henry 'Sonic Warrior1' Mullhall, Jonathan 'Sporlo' Hynes, Mason 'Nihahhat' Langenderfer and Stewart 'StewMan46' Inglis.

Yesterday a patch for MBP 1.50 RC2 had been released. It adds a Dedicated Server Control Panel to both Tsuf and Thistle, giving the host the ability to change the following: amount of players that can play, whether ratings will be enabled, and whether to do Force Spectators.
Once the host leaves the dedicated server, the options will reset back to default.

Last but not least, MBP 1.50 will make its Final build release by the time I have to leave, which is very exciting. Like the first MBG WR Rampage, MBP too was started in 2006, and 8 years later it still is rocking the community. It is unfortunate I won't have time (and inspiration) to finish the levels I wanted to do (e.g. new Time Modifier Race), but I have talked to HiGuy and we will be patching the game in the upcoming months with not only just levels, but to further enhance the Multiplayer section with new game modes. More exciting information will be revealed in the upcoming months, so stay tuned.

To celebrate everything, I will be unleashing the four fabled PlatinumQuest Multiplayer levels to the community - for a limited time between the 29th and 31st of October (inclusive), anyone may play these levels without the need for the achievements requirement.

Happy Halloween to all, and enjoy Marble Blast,
Matan

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StewMan46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
19 Oct 2014 17:00 #2
Great news with everything that is going to unfold. Again, best of luck to you in the military, your country is in a time where it needs everybody it can get.

New game modes is a new thing....although HiGuy did hint it a few days ago that there was a possibility c: I will be interested to see what unfolds in the upcoming months.

Also, Happy Halloween everybody.

-Jeef

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

• dushine
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • PING STEALLLL!
  • Thank you received: 10
19 Oct 2014 17:03 #3
Thanks for the news Matan, great update, especially about the new MP modes? :O Super psyched about that one especially! Keep up the work!

Legit Marbler
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/MBdushine

• Josep_Nollette
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
19 Oct 2014 17:37 #4
I tried to install Release Candidate 2 on my Mac, but it wouldn't let me because, when I try to open it, it says 'Unable to load Java Runtime Environment'. What should I do?

• Thank you received: 2
19 Oct 2014 18:12 #5
Good luck Matan!

(Matan, looks like there are two red dragons now! 'o' [Complete shock])

Apparently there's a third.

• Thank you received: 198
19 Oct 2014 21:26 #6
HOLY CRAP PQ LEVELS :D

lee is awesome

• Thank you received: 3
21 Oct 2014 03:35 #7
WRR: 3, to 3, to 6, to 14!
I can't wait for it! I bet you won't be giving out the songs.

with the music and the lights and everything :P

• Thank you received: 20
23 Oct 2014 14:17 #8
So will the new TTMR and especially the new TTotTS without that moving platform section become a reality eventually?

• IsraeliRD
  • IsraeliRD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Project Manager
  • Project Manager
  • Dragon Power Supreme
  • Thank you received: 912
23 Oct 2014 18:52 #9
Yes :)

"matan, now i get what you meant a few years back when you said that "the level in mbg is beyond me" after the last rampage i noticed things were insane, and now i truly feel that too" - Dushine, 2015.

• Thank you received: 20
23 Oct 2014 20:54 #10
Good... because that moving platform section is soul-crushing. :p

• Thank you received: 0
24 Oct 2014 17:23 #11
how do we get to play?

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.835 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.