file [LIFE THOUGHTS - 1] Why does Summer disappear so quickly?

• Evokrypt
  • Evokrypt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 69
26 Aug 2016 21:50 - 26 Aug 2016 21:56 #1
Wow, it's a while since anybody posted a blog. But - good news for all - I seem to have investigated the crime, and have found possible culprits with absolutely no evidence.

Why does Summer disappears so quickly?

Anybody feel like they’ve run out of time? Did you want to check off those extra ten things on your Summer to-do list? Did you get bored? Well, hey, guess what - you’re not alone!

Okay, besides my cheesy opener, my Summer has disappeared way too quickly. It started on July 9th and I have one week left, AND about three quarters of my original to-do list has not even evolved. I intend here to propose five sound theories, backed by no scientific knowledge, as to why time does go 10% faster in your most loved break.

Theory #1: Overestimation

This one is quite straightforward. One marvels at the long, long space of time they have to do so, so much, but they kind of go a bit OTT with all their plans and nothing quite works out. One also sees this effect manifest due to a

Theory #2: Too much Marble Blasting (a.k.a. PQ Demo-ing) (and maybe other gaming)

The amount of time spent sat at a PC is disproportional to the amount of perceived time spent sat at a PC. Somehow all those LEDs seem more like LSD, but not like LSD LSD because LSD is like hallucinating, but this isn’t.

Theory #3: Santa

So, obviously when Santa delivers presents at Christmas, we know that it’s not possible to get them all down everybody’s chimneys in one night. So, he elongates time for us, but then we get less time over Summer. A bit annoying, but hey, it’s probably true.

Theory #4: Stress

This is the only theory with actual evidence to back it up! Hurrah!! All those things on your to-do list create stress, and produce an emotional response of sorts inside your head. HOWEVER, this dude called Craig has said there is an emotional asymmetry in the brain. I don’t think this quite relates, but neither do any of the other theories. So, erm, yeah.

Theory #5: Time actually does fly

Yep, I’m actually suggesting here that time sprouts wings and transports Planet Earth ahead into the future.
Do you have any other theories? Feel free to comment below, and thanks for reading!

:) Ethan :)

SoundCloud page here:
Last edit: 26 Aug 2016 21:56 by Evokrypt. Reason: I wanted to formally introduce my findings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ralph, Weather

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.816 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.