file 6. Snow!

• NF
  • NF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 404
12 Nov 2019 02:57 #1
It snowed for the first time this season on—well, I was going to put the day here, but I can't remember when it was because I was too lazy to write this when it happened, but maybe the 7th of November. Anyway, it snowed! Finally! It seemed like everywhere except for here was getting a crap ton of snow, so I'm glad we got some, and we're getting more. 8.8 inches tonight apparently, according to the ever-reliable source Weather Underground.

But apart from that, the snow made me newly enthusiastic about this seemingly pointless semester at college. It's not bad, but it's just tedious and is taking forever, and seeing snow made me feel like an excited little child. Plus, the landscape here is just super depressing to look at—very bleak and flat—and having the snow cover that up was a real treat. Never mind that I'll be sick of snow by December. For now it's fun to have around. It reminds me of all the snow we used to get back in kindergarten when we would play outside twice a day. And at least for now, it's refreshing to be in the cold air after 50 or 75 minutes in a hot, stuffy classroom.

(Also, the only reason that I posted today is because I'm sitting in my friend's room and she's talking about her extensive collection of journals and I am now inspired to write here more, as well as keep my own sort of journal on my computer because I forget a lot of crap. I also just think that it's a good way to relieve anxiety sometimes to just write about what's on your mind. So I might do that for about a week until I forget and my friend has to remind me again.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.768 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.