exclamation-circle Grid Dash Released! - iOS

• blueteak
  • blueteak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
13 Apr 2014 17:08 #1
Grid Dash got approved this morning, and was immediately featured by apple, so it has well over 100 players already in just a few hours.

Here's a screenshot:

And here's the link!
Grid Dash

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
13 Apr 2014 18:11 - 13 Apr 2014 18:16 #2
Great job on the release! Looks nice, although I would definitely recommend adding a tilt mode after trying it a few times. I found that my thumb really gets in the way of the screen and blocks off 40% of the play area (common iOS pitfall). Other than that, it plays nice, definitely fun.

-HiGuy

Also #1 ranked arcade, come at me

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }
Last edit: 13 Apr 2014 18:16 by HiGuy.

• blueteak
  • blueteak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
13 Apr 2014 18:37 #3
Try using two thumbs at the same time on each side of the screen, so that your thumbs aren't in the way of where you are moving to.

Also, tilt controls are not really accurate enough to use for a game that requires a lot of precision, which this one does after a while (Maze Mode).

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

• Thank you received: 2
24 Apr 2014 07:46 - 25 Apr 2014 19:05 #4
Or even an option for a static control mech instead of the dynamic one. It's definitely going to take some getting used to. I keep intuitively tapping the coordinate location of the vector I want to travel on. Instead you have to actually draw the vectors manually. The manual drawing often throws me off when I want to make sharp ninja turns. I have to redraw the opposite vector to do so, which means moving my finger a long distance, and often right into the middle of the screen.

Other than the controls it definitely looks nice on my phone. Very crisp and simple.

EDIT: hey, what about airplane controls! Keep a static zero point in the center, but then make the ship fly in the reverse direction of the finger! That eliminates the visibility issue!
As it stands now I find it easier to fly using a single index finger in a corner like the joystick technique employed by some games.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2014 19:05 by Sporlo.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.024 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.