file MB2D - Future

• blueteak
  • blueteak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 2
31 Dec 2013 02:43 #1
Alright everyone, I’ve decided that I’m going to be working on this game more seriously, which means a couple of things.

First, I won’t be posting as often about the updates, because a lot of new features will likely not make the final cut, and will therefore be a disappointment to those who would be eagerly awaiting them. That doesn’t mean that there will be silence, as I like to be as transparent as possible, but I’ll be taking a page out of Blizzard’s book and have decided that I want to share the things that will definitely be there, instead of wild speculations about what could be.

Second, I won’t be updating the web-player anymore; this is because the game will be changing dramatically over the next few months as I distill the gameplay down to its most enjoyable state. I’ll be using a new set of leaderboards for internal separate from the current game’s, otherwise I would require constant wipes to top scores and I would rather see a relatively competitive backing for the current web player game, even with only 8 levels, than a casual glance here and there for the developing version due to Global top scores being wiped every day, in addition to having to relearn the physics each revision.

I see a great future for this game, and am really excited to be working on it more completely. I hope to update you all with screenshots and such in the near future so you can see the progress being made. I think you will be just as excited as I am.

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.732 seconds