file MB2D - Leaderboards!

• blueteak
  • blueteak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
15 Dec 2013 08:49 #1
Alright, I had to learn WAY too much php to do this, however, the game now has local AND global leaderboards!

Both leaderboards show top 5 times.

- Also, if you haven't checked it out since last post -
Added:
1. Menu screen with options and credits (keys will be rebindable soon)
*No audio, so the sound options are useless

2. Level selection screen where you can see global/local leaderboards

3. 2 new levels by Matan that will make you pull out your hair.
*And introducing the bouncy floor mechanic and checkpoints

4. Pause menu ('p') during game to return to menu

5. Win screen (Will show ranking soon)

Here's the link!
goo.gl/brI7z8

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
16 Dec 2013 01:32 #2
One problem. Game is unplayable for me because i have stuck keys. Marble keeps rolling to left and basically never stops. No idea if it's unity's problem or hardware fault.

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
16 Dec 2013 01:36 #3
While I haven't seen that problem before, can you tell me what hardware / web-browser you are using?

• RDs.The-dts-guy
  • Developer
  • Developer
  • Blender pls
  • Thank you received: 188
16 Dec 2013 01:45 #4
firefox
intel i5 ivy bridge 3.4Ghz
Nvidia GTX550Ti

Some guy that does DTS shapes and levels.

AWESOME time HINT : When making PQ level place your custom interiors and textures in platinum/data/interiors_pq/custom
makes life easier for you and everyone else :)

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
16 Dec 2013 03:08 #5
Nothing seems weird, try with a different browser?

• Thank you received: 0
17 Dec 2013 00:01 #6
Perhaps you can make an online race mode? That would probably be a lot of fun. Good work overall!

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
17 Dec 2013 00:20 #7
While I am able to add multiplayer to the game, I think that it wouldn't be used as much as you would expect.

Racing requires all the players to start at a specific time, so you wouldn't be able to do anything until all the players connected and were ready to go.
Because ~0 players are all online at the same time, you would likely be waiting an insufferable amount of time before someone else joined you to race, which would in turn lead to people not even bothering.

'Inviting' people to join a game is a pretty difficult system to implement, as you have to be informed of who else is online, and then all of the systems to send an invite - reject/accept - go into game after accepting... etc. I may consider it in the future, but currently it feels like a lot more work than it's worth.

--- Also, I am going to implement unlockable marble skins soon(tm), in which case there should be a way to show them off, so in the future there will likely be a multiplayer aspect unless we can come up with a better way to show off your achievements in the game. - It just might not be a race mode.

• Thank you received: 2
17 Dec 2013 05:53 #8
I really want to see someone do Basic Mechanics by edge hitting the very first edge and then shoot up to the platform to the right of the 2nd blue MP. I got about 1-2 marbles away, and I don't know if it's possible.

If that's not possible, at least make it over the blue MP wall before the ~20 sec cycle. The fact that the MPs create time equalizers is both a comfort and a frustration. It's a comfort since I know I can make mistakes and still make it in time, and also a frustration because it cancels any optimizations made in the first half of the level. :S

Also, I know it would mess up the leaderboards, but the bouncy floors are a tad buggy. For example, sometimes while holding down the jump key and hitting it, there is zero bounciness, even less than a non-jump bouncy floor hit.

Yeah, jumping in general can be pretty finicky; sometimes jumps don't register when the key is pressed near the ground.

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
17 Dec 2013 06:55 #9
Ya, jumping still needs work, like it did in the 3D game. I want physics to be challenging in the sense that you have to take inertia into account when you are trying to stop before a gap, but it also has to be reliable, most of the rolling and wall hits are, but jumping is an issue. Rest assured that I am actively working on a solution (Reason Jump + Bouncy floor can cancel is that jump can trigger before the collision)

Also, Matan got a 23.X second run on it, by wall hitting to skip the MPs, so you can do it sub 30, idk if you can get up there from the bottom.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.867 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.