file Remove lobby?

• blueteak
  • blueteak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
09 Aug 2013 20:38 #1
The lobby system, while a cool idea in theory, isn't working in the way I hoped it would, mostly because you can't tell when people are leaving the game, or going into a different game mode, and you never really know how many people are actually in the game.

I can't update the room lists once you enter the lobby due to network architecture limits, but I can create a Join game menu once play is pressed with real-time updated player counts, just not interactive with other players (thing normal join game lists for other games).

So I am thinking of replacing the interactive lobby with a standard game selection screen, but one with real-time player counts so you can immediately see how many people are in which game modes. However, if people like the lobby room, I don't want to remove it. (I would just use the Sprawl map for another game-mode or as another Hunt map). Let me know what you think!

EDIT: After an overwhelming majority decision that the lobby needs to change, I've changed that level to a Playground, and created a simple real-time updated level selection screen.

It's very basic at the moment, and I'll pretty it up soon.

Also, I figured everyone else gets at least one thing to WHERe.. so... KotH WHERe?

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
09 Aug 2013 22:25 #2
The lobby is an alright idea, but at least as it is now it doesn't do much (IMO).

• Jeff
  • Elite Marbler
  • Elite Marbler
  • PlatinumQuest Programmer
  • Thank you received: 205
09 Aug 2013 22:30 #3
undecided.

I am a programmer. Most here know me for being one of the major contributors to Marble Blast Platinum and PlatinumQuest.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.998 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.