file Blast!

• blueteak
  • blueteak's Avatar Topic Author
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Thank you received: 1
27 Jul 2013 23:30 #1
Hey everyone, quick update.. Blast has now been implemented! Right click (or shift on Mac) will use a blast similar to Marble Blast Online. A small UI component on the bottom right of the screen shows how much charge you have, past 50% and you can use the blast, but letting it build to 100% will give you a larger effect!

Come test it out!

Edit: Also added three new ball skins

Check out my website: alvios.com/ !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 67
28 Jul 2013 15:31 #2
This game has made fast progress! Tried the blast out the other day and i had a lot of fun. I also played on my logitech controller and that was really fun as well.

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
28 Jul 2013 18:37 #3
When you say controller, do you mean a mouse or a USB joystic/controller. I didn't realize it was compatible with non-keyboard controllers, as I've programmed in Get Key w -> Go forward

• Thank you received: 67
28 Jul 2013 18:42 #4
I mean Usb controller and I use ControllerMate to bind buttons to keys. So the controller can be used for any game.

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
28 Jul 2013 19:03 #5
awesome, eventually the idea would be to universalize the controls for any controller, but that takes a bit of work

• Thank you received: 10
28 Jul 2013 21:38 #6
Jul 28, 2013, 11:37am, blueteak wrote:When you say controller, do you mean a mouse or a USB joystic/controller. I didn't realize it was compatible with non-keyboard controllers, as I've programmed in Get Key w -> Go forward

Shouldn't you be using Input.GetButton (forward) -> Go Forward?

• Ralph
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Matan's Fervent Fan
  • Thank you received: 136
28 Jul 2013 21:40 #7
Do it with epic paticle shoot!

You forget a thousand things everyday. Make sure Marble Blast isn't one of 'em.
Instagram : ralphfrommb

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
28 Jul 2013 23:41 #8
Jul 28, 2013, 2:38pm, helpme wrote:
Shouldn't you be using Input.GetButton (forward) -> Go Forward?

Ya, that's not the problem (I should but for some reason I like to hard code keys ), it's transferring p and t for pause and chat respectively that would present any problems.

@Ralph, check out the current particle effect, the particles blast out and bounce off the environment

• Thank you received: 10
29 Jul 2013 00:34 #9
You can use the input manager (I believe it's at edit > project settings > input) to set up buttons for pause and chat respectively. And while you're in there remove anything you won't use and rename what you are using to mean something in the context of the game.

It bugs me when I open up a unity game and the pre-launch control settings are completely unintelligible because they left the default list, which usually has far more buttons listed than are used in the game. And how should I know what fire1 is in a game with no guns. (Sorry, ranting)

EDIT: and you probably know, but my previous post was kinda wrong, better to use Input.GetAxis (Vertical). What I put would only work if you set up your own forward in the input manager, but still not as good because controllers....

I haven't played with Unity in a long time so my memory of it isn't great, (and I never was any good at it to begin with)

Sorry for being a backseat driver

• blueteak
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
29 Jul 2013 19:47 #10
Since I normally just use keyboard and mouse (and iOS requires an entire recoded control solution for touch controls) I haven't really ever experimented with the Input settings, so thanks for giving me a tip for where to look! I'll be sure to transfer the controls over eventually.

Working on prettying up the visuals atm (check out latest blog post for an update )

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.802 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.