question-circle Editor Questions

• TheSpacedOutEgg
  • TheSpacedOutEgg's Avatar Topic Author
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
  • Thank you received: 0
19 Nov 2018 00:55 #1
I have a few questions about PlatinumQuest's built in level editing tools. If possible can you please answer these? It would be very appreciated!

1: How do I edit the properties of power ups and items, such as Bubbles and Fire Blasts?

2: How can I create a moving or resizing platform, and how can a button be linked up to said platform?

3: How can I create a single block and apply materials, such as ice or sand, to it?

4: How can any type of cannon. like the automatic, fire in a specified direction?

Once again, it would be very appreciated if you could respond to this post. Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Three
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • level designer
  • Thank you received: 349
19 Nov 2018 16:16 #2
1) You should be able to adjust certain properties of these items by selecting one and pressing F3 to being up the object properties menu on the right side of the screen. You aren't able to adjust every single aspect of every item, but you can, for example, adjust how long a Fireball or Bubble lasts.
To close this object properties menu, press F4 to go back to the object addition menu.

2) There are many guides available on the forums regarding how to make moving platforms; I recommend you search for one. Fair warning though, it is extremely advanced.

3) You can't do this in the level editor in-game; you need to make your own custom interior in Torque Constructor. Here's my guide on how to use Constructor, as well.

4) To adjust which direction a cannon faces, you'll need to hit F3 with it selected to view its object properties. From here, you can adjust the yaw and pitch (rotation) as well as the force of the cannon. A red line will show you the projected marble trajectory to help you with adjusting these values.
Adjusting the direction of the cannon any way other than this will not work.

Hope this helps!

Follow me on twitter at @threefolder
The following user(s) said Thank You: CylinderKnot, TheSpacedOutEgg

• TheSpacedOutEgg
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
09 Dec 2018 02:47 #3
I tried to download the editor for weeks now, and finally did it, but sadly, it got too buggy for me to use.

From what I see on the Marble Blast Wiki, there's this thing called QuArK, another type of editor which is professional. Also, I am a bit of an expert of using the Hammer World Editor. Would either of these work for PlatinumQuest?

• Nockess
  • Respected Marbler
  • Respected Marbler
  • Cheater Supreme
  • Thank you received: 786
09 Dec 2018 07:18 #4
QuArK could be considered more professional than Constructor, but it's even tougher to learn, and there aren't nearly as many guides as their are for Constructor. If you can manage to learn it, then that's great!

I know absolutely nothing about Hammer World Editor, and I had never even heard of it before you mentioned it. If you can find a way to convert your map files to .dif or .map, then give it a shot!

Call me Chris!

Discord: Nockess#4107
YouTube: www.youtube.com/Nockess
Custom Levels: marbleland.vaniverse.io/profile/5

• TheSpacedOutEgg
  • New Marbler
  • New Marbler
02 Mar 2019 02:03 - 02 Mar 2019 15:44 #5
One more question I've been meaning to bring up. How is water actually placed into a level? I see items like the WaterCylinder, and WaterPlane in the level, but they don't seem to do anything when I scale them.

Also, if Constructor is needed to make water, I can't get it currently. GarageGame's website is a bit broken on my end, and signing up just takes me back to the top of the webpage.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2019 15:44 by TheSpacedOutEgg.

• HiGuy
  • Lead Developer
  • Lead Developer
  • PQ Developer Emeritus
  • Thank you received: 604
03 Mar 2019 10:43 #6
WaterCylinder/WaterPlane are just visual. The actual water is done with a WaterPhysicsTrigger, find it under the Trigger options.

This signature is real code
Code:
function clientcmd12dothepq() { commandToClient(LocalClientConnection, '34onthedancefloor'); }

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.971 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.