question-circle Xbox/NetJet MB features on desktop MBG

• Josep_Nollette
  • Josep_Nollette's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 8
31 Mar 2019 22:03 #1
As some of us have found, the Xbox version of Marble Blast Gold (2005) made use of ten new levels (nine of which were seen again in Marble Blast Ultra), Easter Eggs, and also translations (so far I've found German and Spanish versions).
The NetJet version, Marble Blast XP, had checkpoints, achievements, and a talking marble (i.e. when the marble fell and landed too high, it'd cry in pain and be surrounded by stars).

Now I'm disappointed that GarageGames never bothered to incorporate these features into the desktop version of Marble Blast Gold back when they came out. What reasons did they have, if they had any, for not updating Marble Blast Gold back when they still had the rights to it?

Another thing: when Marble Blast Ultra came out in 2006, why didn't GarageGames port it back to the desktop? The game would've been a potential sequel to Marble Blast Gold.

(If this same issue has been covered in another thread, then I'd like to see it.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.757 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.