map-pin Community Spreadsheets

• NF
  • NF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 406
08 Jun 2019 23:22 - 20 Jun 2019 17:45 #1
Hello folks,

Lately I've been organizing all of the community's spreadsheets that I can find. I just started doing this a few days ago because it's a fun way for me to spend my time, and I figured it was pretty useful as well. I want to make them all as convenient to access and as easy to use as possible. That being said, I do need some help and input from the community. Here's a list of all the spreadsheets that I know of, but please reply to this topic if you know of any more!

The Master Spreadsheet

Other Spreadsheets
Speedrunning:

Other Current Spreadsheets:
Warning: Spoiler!

Past Tournaments:

Past Projects:

As you can see, there are a lot of spreadsheets that we've made over the years. I expect the past ones won't be relevant at all now, but the first step is to decide which spreadsheets are the most relevant today (i.e. the ones that we will continue to use and update). After that, we have a few options.

Option 1:
Keep all the spreadsheets separate. Keep everything how it is. I'll update what I can for the single player ones, and you can update your parts if you want to.
Option 2:
Combine all of the current spreadsheets into one big sheet. However, I would most likely exclude the MBG ILs WR History sheet from this, because there are 100 separate sheets in that one, and it's mainly Xelna's project anyway.
Option 3:
Keep all the WRR sheets separate, but combine other sheets that deal with similar topics. This would mean combining the Single Player and Multiplayer Tier Sheets, as well as the Marble Blast Personal Best Times Sheet and the Single Player Rank Sheets, and whatever else you think is appropriate.

EDIT: We went with option 1. The big combination spreadsheet is linked above!

A couple notes (not relevant since combining most of them but may as well keep this here):
– Remember that the Marble Blast Personal Best Times Sheet also contains (or should in theory contain) videos for the best recorded runs on every level. I'll have to go through and update those with my own runs, and other people should do the same with theirs.
– This isn't very important, but I thought it would be nice to include certain color schemes for each of the main categories of levels (MBG, MBU, MBP, PQ, and Customs). Right now (for the WRR and soon Personal Best Times sheets) MBG is yellow, MBU is green, MBP is blue, and PQ is red. Customs don't have a color yet. Let me know your opinions on that and we can change them to whatever the most popular choices are.

For the moment, this post is nothing more than a collection of all the individual sheets I could find. But if you have any sort of opinion on what we should do with them, please reply to the topic and we can discuss which option would be best, or put forth some new ones. Whatever we decide on, I'll do my best to keep them all as updated, well functioning, and visually pleasing as I can. EDIT: This has been done as of 2019-06-20! There's still some entry left to do and I'll do that slowly and steadily throughout the summer. You can help as well!

Thank you for your time!
Last edit: 20 Jun 2019 17:45 by NF. Reason: The huge spreadsheet is finally finished!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Regislian, Weather, Xedron, Muffeyo, Eclipsia, petalflurry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
  • NF
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
09 Jun 2019 14:32 - 09 Jun 2019 14:33 #3
I added your spreadsheets to my post, Mike, so thank you for that.

Here's a quote from Discord:

Mike: you should just combine every sheet into one big mega sheet
Kalle29: Using a single big one could have its benefits
MBOUltimate: can we add the MP tier list to it as well
DKman00: it's not a bad idea

I've been thinking about this a lot, even just overnight, and I'm starting to see the benefits of combining all of the sheets (except for MBG ILs World Record History) into one. Just one URL to know, just one page to have open, and we wouldn't have to create entirely new spreadsheets every time we wanted to do something new—just add them to the master spreadsheet. It seems like other people are in favor of this too, so the next step would be to decide which of these sheets should be included from the list in the first post. I would think all the WRR sheets, plus the combination of the personal best times sheet and single player ranks sheet, plus single player and multiplayer tier lists. What else should we include though?
Last edit: 09 Jun 2019 14:33 by NF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
10 Jun 2019 05:29 #4
Want to combine the MBSTOP II sheet in some way for the heck of it?

No hard feelings if you're unable.

You can view it here.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.

• NF
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
11 Jun 2019 01:15 #5
Thanks for the suggestion! For now I'm only combining the major community projects and stuff. But that sheet is certainly nice to have, so I'll put it in the list of all the other ones in the first post!

• Jiquor
  • Professional Marbler
  • Professional Marbler
  • STOPX Creator
  • Thank you received: 155
12 Jun 2019 03:42 #6
Much appreciated, but what constitutes as a 'major community project'? STOP II is fairly large and quite a few incorporated into the project. Maybe instead I'm hearing major projects like CLA, PQ and MBP? That would make more sense. Maybe I'd encourage a separate category for user mods, like STOP and Revived? Just throwing the idea out there.

STOPX Creator. Getting better by every release.

• NF
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
12 Jun 2019 14:33 #7
I was thinking that a "major community project" (not the best term to use I'm sure) would mean something "official" in the sense that the whole community pretty much knows about it or it's a project led by staff members, or sheets that a majority of speedrunners will use—so basically only the WRR sheets which will eventually be videos on Matan's channel, plus the personal best times list which has loads of speedrunners' times. However, I kind of got distracted from the spreadsheets recently, due to playing MBG myself. Also CLA world records don't have very many people involved at all, so that's why I wouldn't include it in the big spreadsheet. And yes, that's a good idea—I'll make a separate category for user created mods in the first post. Thanks!

• NF
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
20 Jun 2019 04:41 #8
Just a little update—I finished formatting all the sheets within the master spreadsheet today! The link is in the first post. Be sure to keep it updated as best you can, and I will fill in as much as I can as well. Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Punished_Pitaya

• Thank you received: 0
23 Apr 2022 18:55 #9
You're so smart, I want to be that smart too

• petalflurry
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • dm hot egg pics
  • Thank you received: 10
20 Nov 2022 02:28 #10
smh petal necroposting

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/164-ov2hk...vDTBI30fTCt3MYuiEzY/

Here's a sheet I made compiling all the videos I've posted of Ultimate/Awesome times/scores for official levels (currently 597/791 videos). Useful for users who want to get Ultimates/Awesomes more easily without using difficult WR strategies, as there's not many videos of speedruns close to these challenge difficulties (mainly either casual gameplay, close-to-WR compilations or WRRs).

Currently has all of MBP + DX and all except 16 LB Customs. Working on adding all of MBU + Bonus and PQ.

"cheater hakcer i want your flair gikemve me it" - MASON35, 2020

• NF
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
13 Apr 2023 01:54 - 13 Apr 2023 01:54 #11
Over the last few years the master sheet has gotten more and more bloated, to the point where it feels almost absurdly overcrowded. There are fifty-one sheets in the master sheet now! Wow. Not only does this make it laggier than necessary, it also means there's a lot of scrolling to be had in order to find the sheet that you're looking for.

In post #7 in this topic, I was worried about this happening, and I stand by what I said back then:

I was thinking that a "major community project" (not the best term to use I'm sure) would mean something "official" in the sense that the whole community pretty much knows about it or it's a project led by staff members, or sheets that a majority of speedrunners will use—so basically only the WRR sheets which will eventually be videos on Matan's channel.

My view was speedrunner-centric, and I'll modify it now to include things like level voting. But I'll still push to get rid of anything that does not directly have to do with either the main speedrunning scene of the levels included in PQ or voting on which levels should be the ones included in PQ.

That being said, here is what I would prefer the sheet to look like:

– Landing Sheet
– Current MBG WRR
– MBG WRR stats
– Current MBU WRR
– MBU WRR stats
– Current MBP WRR
– MBP WRR stats
– Current PQ WRR
– PQ WRR stats
– Custom WR sheet
– Custom WR stats
– Current Egg WRR (even though I think it's dumb)
– Egg WRR stats
– WR Videos
– YouTube/Twitch channels
– Current custom pack candidates (if rejected levels are going in a new pack, please don't delete comments and ratings)
– Current MP gem hunt candidates

That's it. That decreases the number of sheets from 51 to 17, getting rid of two thirds of them, which I feel would lead to a much cleaner and more streamlined spreadsheet experience, and would leave only those sheets which the majority of people are interested in. You can have your other sheets, of course, but I just think they would fit better (and run faster) in separate documents. I would be happy to include the links in the first post of this topic if you people wanted to do that.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2023 01:54 by NF. Reason: Dumb quotation spacing

• Yoshicraft224
  • Experienced Marbler
  • Experienced Marbler
  • no
  • Thank you received: 51
13 Apr 2023 01:57 #12
The whole point of the master sheet is to hold all the sheets related to MB, even if they're not super relevant or important to the entire community

there's a lot of scrolling to be had in order to find the sheet that you're looking for

That's what the whole point of the landing sheet is, and I literally just revamped it like a month or two ago

brapdoors mbg #OhBoyFreeAM!

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 1.037 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.