file Uniform Lighting for PQ online?

Poll: Would increasing the brightness of dark levels be a fair option to have?

Yes
5 71.4%
No
1 14.3%
Indifferent
1 14.3%
Total number of voters: 7
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • NF
  • NF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 405
14 Jun 2020 03:52 - 14 Jun 2020 03:53 #1
Hello. I have really bad eyes, and I know some other people in this community do as well. But even if you don't have really bad eyes, the dark levels online (like Miscalculation, all the MBP experts, Marble Mosaic, etc.) can be very difficult to see, especially if you pick up one of those lovely gravity modifiers. I noticed it while playing Miscalculation today because the fade platforms make it extra hard to see because of the lowered contrast between the platforms and the water below. Anyway, the lighting alone has discouraged me from getting UT in most of the MBP experts, because I play so much worse on levels where I can't see what I'm doing.

To that end, I'm wondering whether people think it would be a good idea to implement an option disabling the darkness in all those levels that have it, for greater ease in playing those levels, and for fairness and consistency throughout the selection of levels available online. This would be an option of course, and it could also be fun to have an option for the opposite—sort of like the night mode in the new MBPU v1.6. But the big question with this is would something like that be considered cheating, because that's not how the levels were designed originally? I mean, I'd like to have all the levels be the same brightness, but if people think it would give an unfair advantage, I completely understand that. Let me know what you all think!
Last edit: 14 Jun 2020 03:53 by NF. Reason: Changed the poll

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Jun 2020 13:58 #2
I was allowed to play MBP levels with increased brightness, and still have scores submitted, so I don't see why others can't. However, I would oppose altering the lighting for custom LB levels, as I believe that they should be kept in the most vanilla versions possible.

• NF
  • NF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Marbler
  • Senior Marbler
  • Thank you received: 405
14 Jun 2020 16:24 #3
What do you think about PQ levels then, like Bag of Secrets, Miscalculation, and the like? And why would custom levels be any different from any other levels? I'd like to be able to have the same lighting on any level that I play in the game, if that's possible.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.811 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.