file Record run compilation release

• M@s
  • M@s's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 24
11 May 2021 21:59 - 12 May 2021 08:59 #1
I had been thinking about releasing a compilation of my personal records for the past few days, many of those still being 1st places. I put this off for a couple years, so at last I decided to do something with this. To be honest, I'm not interested in making a video compilation of my own at the moment, so this is why I came up with zipping all the recordings instead. :P

Thus, since I've been on a break for several months now, I'm releasing tens of recordings in part from my own initiative, as well as per request of several other people here via Google Drive and on Discord. I don't have the need for keeping the records for myself, at least at the moment. I'm also including notes for most of the records I set for those who want to read through them.
I have checked part of the recordings, though I can't recall if all of them do run. Most of them should, but feel free to message me on Discord if there are any broken recordings and I'll try making up for that some way.

With all that said, enjoy the fireworks and/or grind!
Last edit: 12 May 2021 08:59 by M@s. Reason: Edited the Google Drive link sp the recprdings are available to everyone. Oops
The following user(s) said Thank You: NF, DKman00, Gittles, c0wmanglr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 404
12 May 2021 14:10 #2
This is soooo exciting! I'm glad you released the .rrecs, and I can understand why you went with this and not a video because let's face it, videos are a lot of effort to make.

I'm also including notes for most of the records I set for those who want to read through them.

Where can I find the notes? I love reading what runners have to say about their times.

Also this makes me wish that we could sort .rrecs in ways other than alphabetically in game, so that I could sort them by author and not have to sift through my own recordings in order to find yours to play. Or I wish there were .rrec folders in game so that the replay center could be more organized. It's not a major issue though, the runs themselves are what matters!

• M@s
  • M@s's Avatar Topic Author
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Beginner Marbler
  • Thank you received: 24
12 May 2021 15:53 - 12 May 2021 15:54 #3

Where can I find the notes? I love reading what runners have to say about their times.

There should be 2 files right after opening/previewing: the .rrec recordings themselves zipped in "Runs.zip" and a text file called "Personal Notes.txt". Check the file again if you have already downloaded it, or the preview on Google Drive.
I initially thought of organizing the runs with different category folders and such, but this shouldn't really matter since all of the recordings are stored in bulk in the "recordings" folder in PQ anyway.
Maybe we could discuss your in-game record sorting idea here or on Discord. This one would make my life easier as well. :)

By the way, as a fair warning, my Fun Cage run with the longest and largest recording may take a hot minute to load in on lower-end systems as it makes up just over a fourth of the total file size after unzipping (at ~34.5 megabytes), likely due to high amounts of recorded frames and positions and such.
Last edit: 12 May 2021 15:54 by M@s.

Moderators: Doomblah
Time to create page: 0.794 seconds
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.